PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

49ers claim JEST-like incompetence; Tarell Brown loses $2,000,000 workout bonus

Yeah that's kinda hard to believe. I don't think the 49ers are losing sleep over not paying this guy 2mill bucks. This saves them cap room right? Otherwise I wouldn't think anyone but the owner would really care weather he had the bonus or not. Could be wrong I don't know how the coach/gm budget or what not.

Yeah, the Niners front office is celebrating this. Ownership gets to pocket $2m, the cap charge is reduced by $2m (maybe, I'm sure there's rules covering this), and the guy still has to play. That's a lucky windfall, and they can say whatever in the media but you know they're happy about this.

The agent and his firm are going to get sued to hell, though, and rightfully so. The player will likely recoup most of his salary through damages. The agent is probably done in sports law for life.

Brown should have at least read his contract and familiarized himself with the terms, though. The agent should be the subject of a lawsuit for not representing his client in good faith, but you still need to have some responsibility, and I'm easily one of the most pro-labor and pro-player posters on this forum.

49ers' Tarell Brown says he'll be at minicamp - San Jose Mercury News
>>This year, Brown is scheduled to make $2.925 million before his contract expires. Ideally, he would "love" a new deal before training camp begins in late July, and he's leaving the decision "up to my agent" on whether he'll hold out for a new contract rather than report.
"That contract situation, I try to stay away from that," Brown said. "The biggest thing is the team. By making plays and going out and working hard, everything else will take care of itself.">>>

Understatement of the year.....

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back