PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

25 years old and still a Brady fan (idolizer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VrabelJr

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I can still picture myself. A whole 14 years old on the day that the Patriots won their first Super Bowl. Of course Tom Brady was at the helm. To the world he was a mystery at that point. The hot topic of their skepticism. I was a lower-class boy growing up in the slums of Buffalo, NY. I saw something else in the way that he lead those drives. I saw someone so unaware to the world that every body else in the universe cast him into. He never let anyone else choose for him what he should become, except himself.

I very much felt this way too. I grew up where everyone was just dying to cast you based on the achievements of your predecessors. Their status, their lack of status, their wealth or lack of wealth. I'm sure that most people in Tom Brady's shoes would have been quite happy growing up as the child of successful insurance sales people in San Mateo. But that never mattered to him and in regards it has never mattered to us.

Through the last 10+ years it has never mattered to us. It has probably flown by in the blink of an eye to most of us. It's so very rare that you will find someone with a will so strong as his, especially at the top echelon of a person's respective domain. Nobody other than people on this board have been able to witness greatness so closely as we have. We've disected it down to a play. And when we want to accuse it we simply feel foolish.

I grew up a poor boy in Buffalo, NY. But on the nights I wondered whether I could ever change that fate for my future family, I leaned on this upstart phenomenon "Tom Brady." I wonder whether I can emulate his drive to succeed but thankfully I never doubt that he existed. And knowing he existed comforts me so much.

Win or lose tomorrow the dawn of Tom Brady's career is upon us. It's been a hell of a ride and I hope that it has meant as much to you all as it has to me. Impossible is nothing.

I was an exchange student from China in NH in 2006. Sir Brady has been THE BIGGEST inspiration of my life ever since. We are so so blessed to witness this. Winning matters but the attitude of not settling for anything less than perfection and the competitiveness of TB and BB's are much more precious to me.

I am not going to worry about how much time we have left. I want to enjoy every minute of this so I can tell the story one day to my kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes