PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 23 Official Week 10 PostGame NE vs IND Reactions

Immediate Postgame Reactions
so not mentioning your starting QB by name all pre season is treating people class?
People are reading way way too much into that.

It's not like he called him "she" like his mentor.

Yeah, and how did he take it?

He looked like a deer in headlights here, and then when he went back into the game after this, he took a **** on the field.
Thats what is perplexing. He overcame some adversity at Alabama. Saban was hard on him. Sarkisian is a yeller.

Josh will yell a bit too. So does Bill. We know BOB does.

He comes here and turns into a marshmallow.

This place isn't for everyone.

BOB is not known for his soothing, coddling, passive, gentle way of coaching.

There was a report this past week of Mac not taking well to hard coaching.

THAT was hard coaching.
Mac told us last year that he wanted to be coached harder so they did

Yeh, really can't wait to hear the "defend BB at all costs" crowd on this one !!! Should be epic, might as well grab some popcorn !!
What the heck does Bill have to do with that terrible pick? Mac Jones blew it, not the coaches.

I do wonder a little about how things went in the offseason. What if Kraft told Bill he basically has to keep Mac and he also had to bring in BOB to "fix" Mac? And Bill didn't really want to do that, but was pushed to go that route? Might explain why the Krafts are quiet...

The benching was totally justified. The coaches saw, and we all saw that Mac was completely mentally shot. After that last interception, he was completely gone. I think it was actually the kind thing to do to take him out of the game at that point. Mac has the football equivalent of the yips. There has to be some accountability and responsibility for dumb plays. At some point everyone has their breaking point.

Guys look…Mac had an easy TD pass to win, peed down his leg, threw a duck falling backwards for no reason.

Whatever the reasons, which there many, he’s straight broken.
I remember when Mac played against Brady and TB. Lead the team to a potential game winning FG. Then Folk dionked it. Taht Mac was not properly developed. He is broken. " Damn shame to throw away a perfectly good white boy"

I do wonder a little about how things went in the offseason. What if Kraft told Bill he basically has to keep Mac and he also had to bring in BOB to "fix" Mac? And Bill didn't really want to do that, but was pushed to go that route? Might explain why the Krafts are quiet...
I firmly believe that.

Bill knew Mac wasn't the guy after Year 2. Bob said you need to give Mac a shot with a real OC and some talent at the skill positions.

so not mentioning your starting QB by name all pre season is treating people class?
when a reporter asks a direct question about said QB and the head coach avoids, deflects, speaks in generalities....yes...he couldn't be bothered to offer any form of endorsement for his starting qb

BOB is not known for his soothing, coddling, passive, gentle way of coaching.

There was a report this past week of Mac not taking well to hard coaching.

THAT was hard coaching.

anybody that yells at tom brady is a flat out chode to me. but so is mac jones so it pretty much evens out.

What does BB have to do with Mac missing wide open receivers game in and game out?

Dude can’t play the position it’s not complicated, he just blows.
The team, as constructed by Bill, the OC carousel, have broken Mac. He's lost confidence and is channeling Sam Darnold in seeing ghosts where there aren't any.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back