PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 23 Official Week 10 PostGame NE vs IND Reactions

Immediate Postgame Reactions
F this team. Will Grier should start after the bye.
Everything that could possibly go wrong with an NFL team has gone Wrong with this team.. poor QB play, mis-management at the QB position, poor coaching.. go figure pelligrino is a lacrosse player.. who is coaching the secondary.. poor special teams.. injuries.. oh man.. this team has had EVERYTHING possibly go wrong all in one season.

I'm sorry, but you didn't watch the game is you think that the idea that Onwenu is only an average tackle is busted.

Onwenu was beaten for a sack as well as the pressure. Onwenu missed several blocks on the day. And I'm not the only one who pointed it out.
Which sack? Asking sincerely. The one that came from the right was a missed chip by Henry and a blown block by Stevenson.

*ROFLMAO*
You're one of those who was B***HIN up a storm over Patricia. So he brings back BOB, who has a proven track record, and you think that BB is going to be micromanaging things?

No. I don't expect BB to be MORE involved with the offense than he has in years past. Maybe if you paid attention to ANYTHING in ANY of the Books/Documentaries/ETC you'd know that BB was as "hands-on" with McDaniels in his first year as he was with Weis in his 4th. Or with BOB during his original tenure.

The "****show" on offense is based on injuries to the O-line. What EXACTLY would you expect BB to do about THAT during the GAMEPLANNING for the week? Or do you not understand that?
yeah it's all based on the o-line, there are no other issues with this offense, you are really on to something here

i wonder if you pay attention to games because mac had plenty of time the last games

Funny how when you started the thread asking us all to contribute to your erectile dysfunction issues, you were all "please, this is my sob story, I need help," and now you're back to being an *******. What ever happened with the money you collected? Did you adopt some poor little bastard (God, I hope not for the kids sake). Or, did you get a real man's semen to impregnante your, err wife?
Kristin Chenoweth Oh Snap GIF by Team Coco

In all seriousness, this is why you don't tell complete strangers on an anonymous message board about your personal life like this. It will come back to haunt you.

Last edited:
The difference is that Bill is the one with the most losing seasons without his top QB. He's had 8 of them in just his 10 years without Brady.
Triplin never had one in 17 years with any of the QBs he's had.
Harbawl only has 2 in 16 years.
Reid only has 3 in his entire 25 years.
Mike McCarthy (17 years) and Carroll (18 years) only have 4 each.
Those are the HCs that are Bill's rivals now and many of them were mocked by fans here for not being in Bill's class. As it turns out they're not, they're all way ahead of Bill when you count their losing seasons.
Despite what people think, Tomlin had a "franchise QB" each season. Unless you all hare writing Pickett off already.

Chuck Noll had 7 losing seasons out of 23. (30.4%)
Tom Landry had 7 losing seasons out of 29 (24.1%)
Bill Walsh had 3 losing seasons out of 10. (30%)
Bill Belichick 8 losing seasons out of 29 (27.6%)
Carroll 4 losing seasons out of 18 (22.2%)
Mike McCarthy 4 losing seasons out of 17 (23.5%)

Comparing Reid and McCarthy to Belichick isn't really the same.
Reid had 2 losing seasons WITH his Franchise QB in Philly and another losing one when he didn't have one.

When has McCarthy NOT had a Franchise QB? Guy went from Favre to Rodgers to Prescott.

John Harbaugh had Flacco.. As much as we ragged on him, He was still their QB. And then Harbaugh had Lamar Jackson.

Claiming they're AHEAD of Bill just based on losing seasons without a Franchise QB when none of them have gone 8 seasons without one is futile exercise. Not to mention that only Reid is remotely close in terms of number of years coached.

Agholor has 224 yds and 2 TDs as WR#4. That's better than all Pats WRs and TEs except Bourne and Henry.
Also Jonnu Smith is on pace to double his career high in Atlanta and quadruple his best season here. Given Mac's small skillset you'd think he'd be able to utilize TEs better.

After years of noticing that BB is thinking on another level, that punt team play that earned Indy a 70-yard punt had me thinking the same thing but in a bad way…
It worked last time they did it

Bill knows he needs impact players he just thinks he can find them in more creative ways and coach them up into it. Take Gronk and Edelman as examples he knows they're impact players and he got one in the second and the other in the 7th. Moss and Welker were trades. Stuff like that. Unfortunately and I would say in no small part due to the QB situation he's missed on almost all of his attempts at impact skill the last few years and even going back into the end of Brady with Sanu and Kneal.
I'm 100% convinced that Sanu and Harry were McDaniels' picks. Just like Chad Jackson and Laurence Maroney. For all his offensive "genius", McDaniels ability to draft offensive players has been worse than Belichick's. Based on what's come out with the Jackson/Maroney situation where Belichick over-road the Scouts and Daboll (position coach) in favor of McDaniels, I think that BB placed too much faith that McDaniels had improved when he went with Harry, even though damn near everyone though it was a great pick at the time.. I also believe that Harry was completely misused by McDaniels. But that is neither here nor there.

I think that BB puts too much faith in certain people (Patricia/Judge) to excel. I think that it's been part of the problem with the failed additions. since 2016.

We all rave about Dante's abilities on the O-line because of what he did with Ashworth, Gorin, Neal, and Hochstein and to lesser extents Light, Koppen, Mankins, Kaczur, etc. But what about all the failed O-linemen. Dan Stevenson, Ryan O'Callaghan, Mike Elgin, Clint Oldenburg, Corey Hilliard, George Bussey, Rich Ohrnberger, Thomas Welch, Jon Halapio, etc. We forget about them because of the successes Dante had.

People whine about BB the GM. But the fact that he's got Eliot Wolf and Matt Groh in the positions that he does, that BB recognizes his short-comings and is trying to change. Just like with the past two drafts and trying to speed up the offense and defense.

Change is a process. It takes time. No, I don't know if BB is out of it. His mistakes with Judge and Patricia certainly haven't helped him. BOB and Klemm and Mayo may not be enough to save him.

That's what Brady said about back then. We don't know what he does now. There was talk he was calling plays at times last year.
Yes. With as bad as Patricia was, BB was calling plays in game. I don't believe that BB is doing that with BOB, a proven commodity.

They were both terrible yesterday.
My eyes were telling me that Rham and Zeke were consistently running well behind blocks by Onwenu, Sow, and Andrews. Pass blocking seemed more questionable, I'd agree

The tweet you quoted is literally saying Onwenu had a great game.
I know. Look who Lazar works for. An O-line giving up 5 sacks, but singling out a player or two and saying they had great games is quite odd.

For those of you who disliked my post I have to ask if you've watched the team the past 3 years, LOL?
What good is a QB if there is not competent O-line?

My eyes were telling me that Rham and Zeke were consistently running well behind blocks by Onwenu, Sow, and Andrews. Pass blocking seemed more questionable, I'd agree
That's what I said earlier. The pass blocking was horrible across the board. I had sacks going to each of the O-linemen..

Not sure of any particulars my self, but what upset me about her is that she threatened censorship or worse to those - and a couple in particular, Crawhammer maybe - who refused to march with her in the Joy Division, a very serious abuse of power in my opinion.
@FCB02062 was certainly one of her favorite whipping boys. Guy would show up and say hello to everyone in the GDT and be banned before kickoff.

167 yards rushing and 4.6 yards per carry is pretty solid run blocking, especially when there were no long runs (>15 yards) to inflate the average. Gotta be a concern that we were not able to milk that running ability for more points on the scoreboard.

And Jonnu Smith is on pace for 800 yards and already has 4 TDs.

At some point, you have to believe it’s more than the player determining the numbers - particularly when you’re talking about a WR or RB, who can’t manufacture their chances.

They get ‘em or they don’t, and that’s on the OC and the QB.

Or the GM. I’m sure Pickens here would have behaved like an Angel and wouldn’t have been Boutted to the inactive list, right?

And this is why we shouldn't really take too much into evaluating our weapons with Mac as QB. We blamed Patricia last year, but even with an OC like BOB who designed an offense with two TEs that almost broke the NFL, Geisicki isn't producting and Hunter very minimal.

Last week Mac threw to a defender's back on Geisicki's seam route, this week the defender was smart enough to just let Geisicki go and turned around cause he knew back would throw it right at him.

Which sack? Asking sincerely. The one that came from the right was a missed chip by Henry and a blown block by Stevenson.

I can't pull up the play right now.. F'N NFL.COM isn't keeping me logged in so I can pull up the video.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back