PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 Later Round Gems

Iowa TE Erick All. He looked like a stud at Michigan. Then he transferred to Iowa ancc DC their inept offense, then headed by James Ferentz’s brother. Two seasons marred by back to back serious injuries. But his speed was a killer when he was at Michigan in 2021.

I got quite a few...

Joshua Cephus

KT Leveston

Last edited:
Dylan Laube, RB from UNH has been said to have the best hands out of all RB is very shifty and fairly fast. In the right system he could be an Austin ekler type

I like the idea of drafting one of the RBs mentioned above. Use Gibson as a third down back, and add a rookie to keep Stevenson's touches down below 200 per year.

With the 2024 QB situation, it would make sense to increase the run/pass ratio. Plus if Stevenson or Gibson gets hurt, do we really want to rely on Kevin Harris or Jamycal Hasty? That's a big ask.

I like the idea of drafting one of the RBs mentioned above. Use Gibson as a third down back, and add a rookie to keep Stevenson's touches down below 200 per year.

With the 2024 QB situation, it would make sense to increase the run/pass ratio. Plus if Stevenson or Gibson gets hurt, do we really want to rely on Kevin Harris or Jamycal Hasty? That's a big ask.
Braelon Allen RB out of Wisconsin is listed at 6'1 235 and ran a 4.0 40 at the Combine. Nice 1st and 2nd down back as a rookie to spell Rhamondre, and has a high upside. If we can snag him and have Laude or Guerendo as 3rd down backs (Allen and Laube projected to go after round 4), would be nice additions for the present and future.

South Dakota Jackrabbit who looks like the next Joe Thuney at LG. Mid round guy. This is how you do it. Taking Cole Strange in the first out of Chattanooga is a career killing move.

Faster than Bo Jackson?
I don't recall what Bo ran (as it was quite sometime ago). I do know that he's not at Bo's level as a RB (but then who is?). He has good potential as a 2 down back early on. Could be a late round steal. It says Allen ran a 4.40 40 at the combine at 6'1 235 lbs. That's pretty good straight line speed (especially at that size). Wisconsin is known for it's RB's and OL prospects. James White was Wisconsin's every down back when the Patriots drafted him.

Braelon Allen RB out of Wisconsin is listed at 6'1 235 and ran a 4.0 40 at the Combine. Nice 1st and 2nd down back as a rookie to spell Rhamondre, and has a high upside. If we can snag him and have Laude or Guerendo as 3rd down backs (Allen and Laube projected to go after round 4), would be nice additions for the present and future.
Braelon Allen Running Back Wisconsin | NFL Draft Profile & Scouting Report

He did not run a 40 at the combine, but this site has him at 4.40.

South Dakota Jackrabbit who looks like the next Joe Thuney at LG. Mid round guy. This is how you do it. Taking Cole Strange in the first out of Chattanooga is a career killing move.

Your ignorance is bliss. 4 teams had a 1st round grade on him. But why bother acknowledging that when you can push your BS,.

Harris ran pretty decently considering how bad the O-line was last year.

He also ran better than he did in 2022.

I think that we fans haven't seen the best of Kevin Harris. If the O-line is even AVERAGE, I think that Stevenson, Harris, and Gibson each average over 4.5/carry out of the backfield.

I can only go by what's reported. If I'm in error and you have the real 40 time, then thank you.

DraftBuzz doesn't do a great job of differentiating between reported and combine times. And they should.

Allen didn't run at his Pro-Day either. Only did positional drills. which I think is a mistake,.

1711749949970.png

40 time for a RB is not very relevant IMO. 10 yard split maybe. I'm more interested in their ability cut and follow their blocking. Braelon is a tank and should be an excellent goallline back.

DraftBuzz doesn't do a great job of differentiating between reported and combine times. And they should.

Allen didn't run at his Pro-Day either. Only did positional drills. which I think is a mistake,.

View attachment 57324
Agreed. Especially with the somewhat devalued position of RB (with respect to how low they have been drafted the last number of years) you would think that showcasing your tangibles in that area would boost your draft stock. Back in the 80's and 90's (and perhaps a bit after), RB's were often taken not only in the first round, but in the top 5. You're rarely seeing that anymore.

Great guy but the article says he will be in R3. We need QB, WR, TE, OT, OT ( not in that order) before any OG.

Your ignorance is bliss. 4 teams had a 1st round grade on him. But why bother acknowledging that when you can push your BS,.

Give it up and just admit it was a bad use of a first round pick. Bill created a roster hole and had to fill it rather than have the option for BPA.

Taking Trent McDuffie would have been a far better option.

Give it up and just admit it was a bad use of a first round pick. Bill created a roster hole and had to fill it rather than have the option for BPA.

Taking Trent McDuffie would have been a far better option.

You have no way of knowing that McDuffie would have been a better option. He could have easily turned into the N'Keal Harry of CBs under the Patriots. Unless you have some magic Ms. Cleo s**t going on.

BTW, Feel free to use actual facts about what other teams stated about Strange. Or not. If you don't, then you know what your opinion is worth.

RB Cody Schrader is intriguing to me, even though he's light, short, and seemingly slow in multiple ways.

"To me, there's a lot of stuff that goes on in our lives. Everybody has different struggles, different stuff that they go through. Our world is a crazy world sometimes; it's moving at a million miles an hour," Schrader said. "For me, when I'm on the field for those three to four hours, nothing else matters. It brings me a difference peace and a joy that a lot of stuff doesn't bring me. It's something that I'm addicted to, and I just love it."

Otherwise, Laube (20.43mph at Senior Bowl to go with incredible 6.84 3cone and 4.02 Shut).

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back