PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
His route running is fine. Separation will be an issue at the next level. He's better than N'Keal Harry.
We shall see….lets hope so….cant deal with another NKeal! :)

He is slow, lacks route running ability , cannot quickly seperate and height is kk 6'1 not 6'3 or something.

Just gives nslow harry or slow parker vibes...

At thisbpoint I just want us to trade away our 2nd round picks .. we routinely miss it and it's not funny anymore..
PNHS. Post Nkeal Harry Syndrome. That’s all this is.

Because 25 WRs ran 4.5 or better at the combine, and 5 ran slower. 4.5 at WR is slow in 2024.
How many of them were 6’1” or greater?

It seems like the only thing people look at anymore is a guy’s 40 time but the acceptable time gets lower every year. I’m not sure why 4.5 would be considered “slow”.
I don't only look at forty, in fact it's usually the last thing I look at. 4.5 forty is average, not slow. Mobility drills more often than not correlate to separation.
He is slow, lacks route running ability , cannot quickly seperate and height is kk 6'1 not 6'3 or something.

At thisbpoint I just want us to trade away our 2nd round picks .. we routinely miss it and it's not funny anymore..
Don't forget he has fumbling issues.... he fumbles and can't get separation.

I want DB baby.

He's pretty solid, routinely goes up and over guys, and is deceptively fast. Kid was impressive in several games I watched last year. I feel like people are comparing these round two guys to some of the freaks in round one, but Polk is definitely far better than people are saying.

I don't only look at forty, in fact it's usually the last thing I look at. 4.5 forty is average, not slow.

Don't forget he has fumbling issues.... he fumbles and can't get separation.
What was it that they saw in him which convinced them to take him over other wide receivers or other prospects.. all I see is negatives.. what is his greatest trait that translates well for the pats..

Is this guy drunk?

Anybody remember the days of the NFL draft was televised from New York? And when a player was selected … and if the fans didn’t like the pick they would “boo” it??? These fans carrying on today like they even know who the player is, much less if it’s a good pick is ridiculous. This gets watered down every year more and more. Sorry just had to rant ….

Only two things will save this draft for me.. taking Roman and MaCaffrey. Roman is Wes Welker and McCaffrey is Edelman.. even has the QB simalarity,

He's pretty solid, routinely goes up and over guys, and is deceptively fast. Kid was impressive in several games I watched last year. I feel like people are comparing these round two guys to some of the freaks in round one, but Polk is definitely far better than people are saying.
They have PSTD from the last regime.

Phew, we dodged a bullet by not taking Rosengarten

I admittedly have it. What’s the cure?
Just have to have some trust. I get it - tough to have that when you have your teeth kicked in so many times - but it's a different group who scouted these kids. Gotta have a little faith until they prove they don't deserve it.

There goes Rosengarten. A couple of interesting OTs still left. Plus a couple of good CBs and the next wave of WRs.

might actually try and trade down with the Cowboys - see if they want to jump the Giants and Chargers for a RB.

Anybody remember the days of the NFL draft was televised from New York? And when a player was selected … and if the fans didn’t like the pick they would “boo” it??? These fans carrying on today like they even know who the player is, much less if it’s a good pick is ridiculous. This gets watered down every year more and more. Sorry just had to rant ….
This is the perfect example of the this place negative for the sake of it, Why do you hate fun. who cares if they know let them have fun.

What was it that they saw in him which convinced them to take him over other wide receivers or other prospects.. all I see is negatives.. what is his greatest trait that translates well for the pats..
I'm going to wait for the entire draft results before I truly lose it... maybe he turns out better than we anticipate and they crush the rest of the draft.

If they don't, I won't sugarcoat it... which seems to be what a lot of fans are doing because they don't want to hurt the new regime's feelings.

I don't get that at all. I slammed BB picks and free agent signings regularly and nobody blinked, now we're supposed to accept poor or average personnel moves as a long term rebuild.... the rebuild will be "longterm" if you keep making dumb moves. Not because this team couldn't have been fixed sooner.

PNHS. Post Nkeal Harry Syndrome. That’s all this is.
No, you guys dismiss us too easy. As I said, I wrote several times about him in the previous weeks.

People can actually not like players whether or not the Patriots take them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back