PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION 2024 Draft Day LIVE Discussion Thread Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you show us a mock that had Wallace above a 6th round pick?

I don’t know the kid, but a few people like him, so we will have to wait & see
This dude had him in the 3rd (with Polk in the 2nd coincidentally):

5th:

A lot of the big boards have him in the 4th. A couple in the 3rd.

No ACL? How does that even work as a football player. Pretty mind bending.
Dedric Ward was minus both his ACLs since like HS.. He had a fine career.. How it worked? No clue.

I’d also like to see a TE in the 4th. J. Sanders or C.Stover.

The fact that the Pats put Polk ahead of the likes of Cooper DeJean, Patrick Paul and Suamataia tells me that their Scouting Department grading system under Wolf is bad. And there is no f'in way that Polk and Wallace are better than Paul or Suamataia and any of the 3rd round WRs.

Remember the Jackson pick was met with excitement on this board. And he bombed. The Polk pick has been met with anger. Maybe the results swing the other way.
I would've been very excited on this board. However, along with basically every other WR pick in the 1st 4 rounds for the Pats since Scary, he got really unlucky with injuries, then he was done. Hamstring, groin, then ACL in his 1st year. Maybe avocado toast would've helped.

The fact that the Pats put Polk ahead of the likes of Cooper DeJean, Patrick Paul and Suamataia tells me that their Scouting Department grading system under Wolf is bad. And there is no f'in way that Polk and Wallace are better than Paul or Suamataia and any of the 3rd round WRs.
I don't know ... based on Wolf's history, I'll reserve judgement. Saw enough of Polk in college that he's a good player and according to Wolf, he's the guy they wanted all along at this spot given the intel they had both in meeting him, and from Hughes and the other guys in Washington. If he plays even close to like he did in college, and it translates at this level, I think they'll be in great shape. He attacks the ball ... he's completely different than anyone they've had in a while.

I don't know ... based on Wolf's history, I'll reserve judgement. Saw enough of Polk in college that he's a good player and according to Wolf, he's the guy they wanted all along at this spot given the intel they had both in meeting him, and from Hughes and the other guys in Washington. If he plays even close to like he did in college, and it translates at this level, I think they'll be in great shape. He attacks the ball ... he's completely different than anyone they've had in a while.

Ian - For the Polk/Wallace Combination to turn out to be better, Polk need to be bust 1000 yards and 7TDs every year, Wallace needs to allow 4 or less sacks each year, Cooper Dejean needs to get torched regularly and Adegadjie needs to be out after 2 years. I just don't see that happening.

Maybe Wallace proves me wrong and becomes an above average to good LT. But he only took a few snaps at LT in college. All his starts are a RT. And that shift isn't an easy one.. We've seen that. We've been told that by Dante. We saw that Lowe couldn't make the shift last year from LT to RT.

We've got Lowe, Anderson, McDermott, Okorafor and Wallace vying for LT. We got Okorafor, McDermott, Steurber, Wheatley, and hopefully only as a last resort, Onwenu, at RT.

G: With Strange out for Mini-camp, the Pats are going to have Mafi, Sow, J. Andrews, Leverett, and Jordan. Plus possibly Steuber and McDermott taking snaps inside. Leverett and J. Andrews will also be seeing snaps at OC behind D. Andrews

The only constant the Pats have on the O-line right now is the slightly above average Dave Andrews (yes, Andrews has slipped). He got torched on delayed blitzes even more last year. I guess that is what worries me the most about the O-line. D.Andrews can still make the line calls and is an excellent leader, but his time is coming to an end, I think..

Yes. Only time will tell, but on paper, it looks pretty bad and a lot of wishful thinking because of Maye and Wallace having their warts.

I was very confused by this as well, I expected to end up with Paul suamatai amegadjie. We‘ll see how it plays out but Wallace feels like a solid reach.
They could have traded up a few spots for Suamataia imo

Let’s take a flyer on Troy Franklin. Most projected him in rd 2. Lance Zerlein’s comp for him is Chris Olave.

View attachment 57822
I would love this
Can be a deep threat from the slot , I was stunned he wasn’t picked so far, maybe there are some issues we don’t know about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back