PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread 2023 OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: Week 5 - New England Patriots vs New Orleans Saints

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the overall of your message, but while I’ve been in Mac’s corner longer than most posters, I think it’s highly improbable Mac finds success as a starter in the league.

Posters suggesting the team seems uninterested : I see it as well. Maybe not every individual, but as a group they just seem like it’s over.
I've obviously tried to be fair, but there's been enough frustration and miscues (his footwork remains a mess) and that's on him. As for the rest, it's really up to him to get himself out of this rut. It's on him to figure that out.

The people like yourself who are mad at Mac will be part of the avalanche of people who will really destroy Belichick down the line if Mac goes on to be successful elsewhere. They'll kill him for not only letting go of Brady, but then setting his successor up for failure for the lack of offensive line and receiver talent around him. Should be exciting.
Do you seriously believe that Mac will go on to be successful elsewhere?

I think he'll be flipping burgers or serving milkshakes if he can't make it here in New England. :rofl:

how is that not DPI or at least illegal contact?

Every QB will look bad with our o-line. QB drops back and has no time at all. We rank 32nd in pass blocking in the league. Then add in that our WRs get no separation and you have no easy throws. Everything is contested. Add in a QB who’s clearly lost his confidence and you get the complete and utter **** show that is the New England Patriots Offence. Zappe, Mac… doesn’t matter. The whole damn thing needs to be blown up.
Agreed, including the QB.

We were happy to see more freedom to make changes at the line given to Mac this year, but I have been getting the feeling as these games go by that it's too much for him. He has a rep for being cerebral but to me it just looks like he's in his own head way too much, thinking way too much. Maybe there was some level of sense in keeping it simple with him last season?

I don’t think it has anything to do with calling adjustment at the line to do with his mental state right now. I think it is all about him not trusting the guys around him and how he is on the hot seat. If think if he trusted his o-line and people weren’t talking about replacing him, I don’t think he would be having these mental issues right now.

It is on him to get his head on right, but I don’t think it the mental aspect of the game causing this.

Everything the offense does looks SO difficult to accomplish.

I’ll be very happy with this game in just a second…

1696787522359.gif

The pats actually can get drake maye. insane

Every QB will look bad with our o-line. QB drops back and has no time at all. We rank 32nd in pass blocking in the league. Then add in that our WRs get no separation and you have no easy throws. Everything is contested. Add in a QB who’s clearly lost his confidence and you get the complete and utter **** show that is the New England Patriots Offence. Zappe, Mac… doesn’t matter. The whole damn thing needs to be blown up.
Pretty much agree aside from the extreme criticism of our receiving corps by many. Just like a QB can't do their job with no time from the OL, it's pretty difficult for a WR to get much separation in under 2 seconds.

Probably DPI

The biggest problem is you know this franchise will just give Mayo the job next, the franchise needs to clean house and have no ties to Bill when they move on from Bill.

Another 3 and out by Mac Jones. Yup. This dude is COOKED!

We can still beat Raiders and Indy you guys :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't see that happening. Potentially could win against Washington and the Jets but that is it. Time to clean house. New coach, new GM, 1st pick of the draft.

Uncle Rob

Tell your nephew Mac no more INTs.

Yawn. I haven’t said anything to defend Mac in the last game or this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST