PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION 2023 Conference Championship Games discussion thread

Enough of even the whispers of a future debate of Mahomes rivaling Brady!!!
He has to stay on top for 10 more years to even enter the discussion.
Reid won't coach that long, Kelce is retiring... Let's see how Patty fares in the "down years" that ARE coming.

I don't have to prove to you why I believe what I believe lol.

The rules them self are rigged to get the results the NFL wants.

Believe the NFL when they say they have no obligation to give you a fair product. It's entertainment.
Dude your helpless at this point. Believe what you want to believe.

So what happens if SF wins the SB? What happens to your “it’s all rigged theory then”? Or will you just stay silent?

Was the NFL rigged for the 50/60s Packers, the 70s Steelers, the 80s 49ers, the 90s Cowboy the 00s/10s Pats? Are all dynasties just rigged for NFL ratings?

Last edited:
Dude your helpless at this point. Believe what you want to believe.

So what happens if SF win the SB? What happens to your “it’s all rigged theory then”? Or will you just stay silent?

Was the NFL rigged for the 50/60s Packers, the 70s Steelers, the 80s 49ers, the 90s Cowboy the 00s/10s Pats? Are all dynasties just rigged for NFL ratings?

I don't watch the super bowl if the Patriots aren't in it.

I'm already long into the offseason. Why don't you join us.

I don't watch the super bowl if the Patriots aren't in it.

I'm already long into the offseason. Why don't you join us.
That explains everything then, enjoy the off season.

Hopefully the Pats will do well in the draft / FA and get this ship turned around and headed in the right direction.

Why the hell are teams wearing awful uniforms for the playoffs? The Lions have worn pajamas for the entire playoffs. It’s the NFCCG and they come out in an all white onesie.

Kermit is 2-1 in Super Bowls with the 1 being a loss to TB12 in a blowout.

No he doesn’t pass Montana if they win this one. Not yet.

Look at the QBs he beat by a combined 13 points pathetic

I'm late to the conversation and not going back to read 80 pages of thread, so sorry if this has been posted.

There will never be another team like the Pats over the last 20 years, and never another QB like Brady.

I've always balked at the comparisons, but it was hard not to see it yesterday. Many of the dynasty years there was typically another team that was poised to dethrone NE, often on paper looking like a better team (Indy, Denver, Pitt, SD, Jax, Baltimore, and the Chiefs in later seasons). Yet it always seemed to end the same. New England would play mistake free football and wait for the other team to piss victory away. This is why opposing fans hated the Pats, because they would inevitably see their own team inexplicably fold under pressure while the Pats never seemed to.

I don't think KC did anything spectacular yesterday. Kelce was good but that was it. But they didn't make mistakes, and just played their game while Lamar was busy throwing into triple coverage in the end zone and Flowers was trying to make a highlight reel instead of just going down at the 1 yard line and letting a very capable running team punch it in.

Whether we like it or not, Mahomes is special. I've been pretty impressed with his evolution out of the "whoever scores last" QB he was a few years ago into a smart player who makes the most out of what he has. KC as a whole has become more rounded, and Reid actually is managing the clock effectively these days. If they win in February against a very good 49ers team, we can't dispute that this is a dynasty team.

Will Mahomes surpass Brady, and the Chiefs match the Pats 20 years of dominance? Unlikely, but it's hard to ignore what they keep doing to the league. I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I do appreciate their greatness at this moment, as I did the Cowboys and Niners in the 90s and the Pats this entire century.

Last edited:
The biggest drop was Lamar's. He has zero feel for what's around him in the pocket but sees very clearly when he runs with the ball, like a RB should.
What's weird is usually he has an amazing feel for what's around him, dont ya think? Didn't even look like the same guy yesterday.

Kermit is 2-1 in Super Bowls with the 1 being a loss to TB12 in a blowout.

No he doesn’t pass Montana if they win this one. Not yet.
I disagree but I realize that’s just my opinion… I’m in no way stating a fact. Al these GOAT conversations are subjective. People are going to believe what they want to believe because not everything is based purely on numbers.

For me right now…the QB GOAT list is Brady, Montana, Mahomes

If the Chiefs win in 2 weeks…the list goes Brady, Mahomes, Montana

That’s my opinion when you take all factors into consideration (team, era, clutch play, stats, trophies etc…)

Regardless of what happens in this SB, the gap between Brady and whoever is #2 is substantial at this point in time. If Mahomes continues to win at his current rate, then we’ll have a real GOAT discussion in 3-4 years. But that’s a lot of “if” between now and 2028.

WR Josh Reynolds picked a great time to crap the bed good luck in FA. NEP please stay away avoid him like the plague. :mad:

Last edited:
I disagree but I realize that’s just my opinion… I’m in no way stating a fact. Al these GOAT conversations are subjective. People are going to believe what they want to believe because not everything is based purely on numbers.

For me right now…the QB GOAT list is Brady, Montana, Mahomes

If the Chiefs win in 2 weeks…the list goes Brady, Mahomes, Montana

That’s my opinion when you take all factors into consideration (team, era, clutch play, stats, trophies etc…)

Regardless of what happens in this SB, the gap between Brady and whoever is #2 is substantial at this point in time. If Mahomes continues to win at his current rate, then we’ll have a real GOAT discussion in 3-4 years. But that’s a lot of “if” between now and 2028.
What is your reasoning behind putting Mahomes ahead of Montana? Montana was the most clutch player until Brady. Mahomes IMO is not there yet in either playoff wins or SB titles ...

Mahomes goat case is very difficult. It's not that Tom has 7, it's that Mahomes had the opportunity to prevent that. Had the chiefs won those games Brady would only have 5. Mahomes would have 4, and this upcoming game would be his 5th to tie. Now Brady has a powerful buffer and Mahomes's journey will take significantly longer as a result.

What is your reasoning behind putting Mahomes ahead of Montana? Montana was the most clutch player until Brady. Mahomes IMO is not there yet in either playoff wins or SB titles ...
I kind of all ready explained that in my post but let me clarify..

If Mahomes wins a 3rd SB at this point in his still young career; and you look at his clutch play, the historic numbers he has produced (he’s on pace to shatter just about all passing records) and how he elevates the overall play of his team; for me, that is enough to put him ahead of Montana. I don’t think that’s an absurd take at this point when you look at the totality of what Mahomes has done so far in his career. It’s scary to think what his numbers are going to be when it’s all said and done if he keeps this trajectory going…of course that’s a big “if”.

If he doesn’t win it all this season; he stays behind Montana for now. However, it’s just a matter of when he passes Montana, not if… Let’s see about Brady because Mahomes has a ways to go to have that conversation.

Mahomes goat case is very difficult. It's not that Tom has 7, it's that Mahomes had the opportunity to prevent that. Had the chiefs won those games Brady would only have 5. Mahomes would have 4, and this upcoming game would be his 5th to tie. Now Brady has a powerful buffer and Mahomes's journey will take significantly longer as a result.
Dudes going to be 29 this year FYI he has a lot of Football left.

I kind of all ready explained that in my post but let me clarify..

If Mahomes wins a 3rd SB at this point in his still young career; and you look at his clutch play, the historic numbers he has produced (he’s on pace to shatter just about all passing records) and how he elevates the overall play of his team; for me, that is enough to put him ahead of Montana. I don’t think that’s an absurd take at this point when you look at the totality of what Mahomes has done so far in his career. It’s scary to think what his numbers are going to be when it’s all said and done if he keeps this trajectory going…of course that’s a big “if”.

If he doesn’t win it all this season; he stays behind Montana for now. However, it’s just a matter of when he passes Montana, not if… Let’s see about Brady because Mahomes has a ways to go to have that conversation.

I’m sorry mahomes is in an era where all the receivers get free breaks off the los. This year he had a run and defense team and still had mediocre numbers in a league where everything favors offenses. He had tyreek and kelce at the start and now kelce. Montana won without rice.

I need to see more. If he wins without kelce then that bodes well for his case.

I’m sorry mahomes is in an era where all the receivers get free breaks off the los. This year he had a run and defense team and still had mediocre numbers in a league where everything favors offenses. He had tyreek and kelce at the start and now kelce. Montana won without rice.

I need to see more. If he wins without kelce then that bodes well for his case.
I get it; not everyone’s ready to move Mahomes to #2 yet. As I said, it’s all subjective anyways. For me, I feel it’s obvious that he’ll be #2 on the list IF he wins his 3rd trophy.

IMO, the Niners will need to play a good 1st half in the Superbowl to have a shot at winning the game. They can't fall behind like they did the last two weeks.

If the 49ers fall behind early, they're history.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back