PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 schedule to be released tomorrow - (UPDATED: Pats open vs MIA on 9/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats with or without Brady still have a huge market.

What I don’t understand is that it seems like you want this to happen. And there’s several others like you as well who act this same way. You dwell on this negative mindset and it’s disturbing.
Yes, there is a small subset of people who express thinly veiled delight at bad news and are clearly hoping for more of the same.

They know who they are.

5 prime time games. That is pretty awesome. I thought for sure we would get maybe 2. I do think the league expects the Pats to be decent and very competitive. Perhaps we get a bonus and Stidham ends up being above average in year 2. Of course Brady was a second year starter and played the perfect game manager all season and stepped up big late in games for many wins. I really hope Stid is the second coming.
Not a fan of all those prime time games. Maybe I'm in the minority, but 1PM Sunday is the best time for games.

Yes, there is a small subset of people who express thinly veiled delight at bad news and are clearly hoping for more of the same.

They know who they are.
I think there are a group of people that are ecstatic that sports has ended. They hate sports and the people that follow them religiously. I really don't get it. But I think it is a sad case of schadenfreude.

Not a fan of all those prime time games. Maybe I'm in the minority, but 1PM Sunday is the best time for games.
Me too. I hate staying up for the prime time games. Tampa has 5 prime time games that I will be watching as well so pretty much will have a full season of very little sleep. LOL

5-11 just like 2000.

Screenshot 2020-05-08 at 11.53.38 AM.png

Only two overlaps of Pats and Bucs and that's not until the end of the year. Double the viewing pleasure.

Reactions: jah
I think there are a group of people that are ecstatic that sports has ended. They hate sports and the people that follow them religiously. I really don't get it. But I think it is a sad case of schadenfreude.

I used to deal with them years ago in my youth baseball days. They had the attitude that any kid should be able to pitch or play any position, but at the same time wouldn't think of having the 5th violin play the lead in a school band.

There were also some parents who might use the sport their kids love as punishment when they did something wrong.

Think we go 4-6 during the tough early schedule, finish 5-1 in the easier portion to go 9-7. Squeak into the playoffs on a high note (i see at least 2 nfc losses so our afc record should be good compared to other middle of the pack teams, that will help with tiebreakers). Confident group heading into the tournament, anything can happen.

And I would also take that in a heartbeat right now.

cough in someone's face.

Interesting corollary - does the league mandate plastic face shields inside every helmet (not just over the eyes).

Conner Or from SI ( https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/05/08/nfl-schedule-49ers-buccaneers-screwed ) has a nice article on who is being screwed by the schedule.

Baltimore has the least travel and the opponents with the lowest overall wins from last year, go figure.

Tampa gets screwed:
If I’m Jason Licht, I’m printing out the analysis Brian Burke and the analytics team at ESPN did on this year’s schedule and slamming it on the commissioner’s desk. Perhaps this is just the cost of doing business when you sign the greatest player of all time, but this schedule is brutal for a team hoping to maximize the twilight years of a 43-year-old passer and recently unretired tight end. The Buccaneers are tied with the Bills for the most short-rest weeks this season (five), which, as Burke notes, is the most for any team since the 2010 Vikings. Also working against the Buccaneers, the fact that they lead the league in games in which an opponent comes in having more rest.
As does da Jete, with three West Coast trips:
The Jets have the second-hardest strength of schedule by 2019 opponent winning percentage, though that doesn’t really tell the entirety of their story. Like Dallas, this schedule offers almost zero respite, with their “easiest” games coming against the Dolphins in back-to-back weeks with a bye sandwiched in between. Assuming the schedule progresses as planned, the Jets could face the unenviable task of facing Ryan Fitzpatrick one week and Tua Tagovailoa the next, given how late in the season the games occur. Also, as Warren Sharp noted, teams rarely sweep these back-to-back series. The Jets have back-to-back road games at the end of the season against the Seahawks and Rams, which is a brutal schedule flaw. Their home slate is also peppered with talented opponents.

JetsCountry: The Jets will make three trips to the West Coast.

Miami in September is brutal. Then again, we hung 38 on them the last time we played there.
Who knew back then that this game would end up becoming the highlight of the season?

We'll always have Miami, Tom...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST