Thuney 28.5
Lindstrom - 30.5

Broad

Thuney - 110
Lindstrom - 117

Bench

Thuney - 28
Lindstrom - 25

Thuney has a much better 3-cone, Lindstrom wins the jumps, but aside from that, very similar testing. Lindstrom also has longer arms.

One other interesting comp is Joel Bitonio. Bitonio had a terrific 3-cone at 7.37 so Lindstrom loses quite badly there, but aside from that, they’re almost identical.

RB forties adjusted for weight.

Another OL with Pat athletic comparisons

Edit: sorry but you need to click on the tweet to see the other comp. It’s Matt Light.

I heard something interesting on a PFF video. They track how pass rushers win, whether it’s outside with speed, inside or with the bull rush. Steve Palazzolo (sp?) said that prospects who didn’t have an effective bull rush have failed to transition to the NFL. Two examples he gave were Leonard Floyd and Vic Beasley. When you think about the likes of Dion Jordan for example, I see some truth in this statement. Pure speed rushers are not the way to go.

Dillon Mitchell = Julian Edelman with Deep speed?? He has knack for making people miss in the open field interesting WR prospect.

So i spent a couple of hours watching tape...

Great Hands, Quicker than he looks, Runs clean and hard routes, can work in the slot and outside. Has a good idea of when to sit in zone coverage, he's one of the best i've seen in the draft for this.

The issue i have is that he plays in that Oregon offensive scheme, which is designed to get guys open.

So i spent a couple of hours watching tape...

Great Hands, Quicker than he looks, Runs clean and hard routes, can work in the slot and outside. Has a good idea of when to sit in zone coverage, he's one of the best i've seen in the draft for this.

The issue i have is that he plays in that Oregon offensive scheme, which is designed to get guys open.

I've heard some rumors of attitude and work ethic concerns. Those are my only hold ups right now with Mitchell. He looks perfect for oru offense otherwise.

Alex Barnes had a cracking day yesterday for a 227lb back

40 - 4.59
3C - 6.95
20 - 4.1
BJ - 126
VJ - 38.5
Bench - 34

And, at least according to Lance Zierlein, blocks and catches too. An interesting day three possibility.

Alex Barnes had a cracking day yesterday for a 227lb back

40 - 4.59
3C - 6.95
20 - 4.1
BJ - 126
VJ - 38.5
Bench - 34

And, at least according to Lance Zierlein, blocks and catches too. An interesting day three possibility.

I enjoyed watching him against Texas, since I like Omenihu and Johnson from that defense. He didn't put up crazy numbers, but he runs hard and plays with an attitude. I could see him, Armstead, or Holyfield as late round guys who could round out our RB depth, although the first two are better pass catchers than the last one.

Here he is against a top 5 college defense:

EDIT: Every time I watch Miss State, I want to draft Abram.

Aforementioned Texas game:

West Virginia:

Oklahoma Sate:

I enjoyed watching him against Texas, since I like Omenihu and Johnson from that defense. He didn't put up crazy numbers, but he runs hard and plays with an attitude. I could see him, Armstead, or Holyfield as late round guys who could round out our RB depth, although the first two are better pass catchers than the last one.

Here he is against a top 5 college defense:

EDIT: Every time I watch Miss State, I want to draft Abram.

Aforementioned Texas game:

West Virginia:

Oklahoma Sate:

I think he’d perform a Rex Burkhead type role on the team. Bearing in mind he’d be the 4th RB and therefore unlikely to dress most days, I wouldn’t draft him, or any RB, in the first two days, but as a rnd 5-7 guy, then sign me up. I don’t know what his ball security is like. Te thing I like is his versatility as a receiver, pass and lead blocker and as a runner, albeit not a starter type.

Great size for Baker. I was worried he'd be 5'10 180 (doesn't matter to me, personally, but hitting these H/W thresholds with 32" arms will help his stock, so I'm glad for his sake).

Interesting size/testing requirement EDGE prospects:

Let's try that link again.

Last edited:
Interesting size/testing requirement EDGE prospects:

Let's try that link again.

Lots to choose from, every body type \ position is available in this years DL class (3-Tech, 1-Tech, NT, 5-tech, pure 4-3 DE, 3-4 OLB/DE). It is all there, strongest class of defensive lineman I can remember.

I actually hope they double dip at DL with 2 of the first 3 picks especially if Flowers is not resigned.

2019 NFL Combine: Measurements, weigh-in results (DL, LB)

Great size for Tell. I think he gets lost in the mix a bit in this class. He's got potential though.

Great size for Tell. I think he gets lost in the mix a bit in this class. He's got potential though.

Remember watching him look lost too many times. Still learning the position. Tough sell at this stage. Too much talent not to make a splash though.

Remember watching him look lost too many times. Still learning the position. Tough sell at this stage. Too much talent not to make a splash though.

Yeah, still a work in progress. I just think he'll appeal to teams who have strict requirements for H/W prospects. Abram and CGJ both well under 6' so some teams will hold it against them. Worthington looks good from that perspective, too:

WR speed for Fant at 4.51

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back