PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp: Day 5 (Monday Aug 1 2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was still negativity after the story broke, i dont understand some people.
I hear you. As I stated, I never saw it. But if true, then it is whack and people in the world do act like that.

I recommend everyone listen to this. Perfect analysis from Pat here. Around 8 and a half minutes of the best talk I've heard from an analyst. I can't help but get giddy when he compared what he saw from Cy Jones to Tyler Lockett in terms of return ability. That alone is exciting. Again, listen to this podcast people, you won't regret it.

COULDNT agree more.

I think WR Nate Washington is going to be one of those sorry we never knew you cuts. Vet or not I cannot see BB holding out hope at this time...with others making the most of their opportunities.

Great listen for sure and it was nice to hear some more positivity about the young guards, JT and TK. I'm removing interior Oline from my list of concerns (yep alert the media). This leaves that damn 3rd tackle, who will nearly certainly see meaningful playing time given Solder and Vollmer's health, and to a lesser extent DE/LB depth if Long/McClellin don't start showing up (tough to tell given minimal contact thus far). I would think one or two guys between those, Flowers, and R Johnson, will step up and make an impact this year.

Thought the same thing. Kirwan has a perfect way of always breakin' it down.

Camp Report: http://goo.gl/xvAU0o
Camp Review: http://goo.gl/pg0dG9

Agree. I might even take your interpretation on of Bill's remarks a step further. It sounds to me like he's saying Dobson needs to stay on the field because he's officially run out of chances to make the roster from the trainer's room.

Yea the message from BB is pretty clear.. if they wanted to spend a 2nd round pick and pay a guy to sit in the tub and rehab from injuries for 4 years they could have drafted me

2nd round picks are extremely valuable.. with it comes high expectations and Dobson has not lived up to them, not even close.. This coming from a Dobson cheerleader over the last 3 years.. if he so much as twists his ankle in camp then hes done.. he provides no special teams value either, so he better drink a couple bottles of deer antler spray and stay on the field

Yea the message from BB is pretty clear.. if they wanted to spend a 2nd round pick and pay a guy to sit in the tub and rehab from injuries for 4 years they could have drafted me

2nd round picks are extremely valuable.. with it comes high expectations and Dobson has not lived up to them, not even close.. This coming from a Dobson cheerleader over the last 3 years.. if he so much as twists his ankle in camp then hes done.. he provides no special teams value either, so he better drink a couple bottles of deer antler spray and stay on the field
I'm actually shocked that Bill's comments were not more critical. In my mind, Dobson's problems only start with the missed time, then you have to consider all the drops, his preference to trap the ball against his body instead of using his hands and finally the consistent route mix ups with Brady. If I'm Dobson I'm pretty happy with Bill's assessment, it could have been a lot harsher.

At the end of the day I think Bill sees the potential upside the kid has with his size and speed and has been willing to carry him a bit longer to see if it pans out. If Dobson were another 5'10 receiver who put up the same numbers in his first three years he'd be long gone by now. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back