PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 NFL Combine Thread

A couple years ago, Tapper ran down Amari Cooper to prevent a long TD. May be worth keeping an eye on him.

And Baylor RB Shock Linwood this year. He's never going to be a top pass rusher but I think he's a more versatile upgrade on Geneo Grissom. I think of him in the same way as I did Mario Edwards last year.

Good time for James Bradberry as a long corner - 4.46

Prefer the drills to the 40. Who cares about straight-line when half these guys can't change direction at all? I'd love to get them in my gym for a couple months. I guarantee you that they would come out as fluid, competent movers.

Damn! I was hoping William Jackson III would fly under the radar a little. Since he goes to a relatively smaller school (Univ of Houston). But he got everybody's attention at the combine. :(

Damn! I was hoping William Jackson III would fly under the radar a little. Since he goes to a relatively smaller school (Univ of Houston). But he got everybody's attention at the combine. :(

Unfortunately, he was already a borderline first round pick. This just solidified his status.

So here's a question. Now bear in mind that I really like Sterling Shepard but a thought I can't shake is just how much of an upgrade is he over Keshawn Martin? Is he really worth a 2nd round pick when we'vevre-signed Martin for another 2 years?
Had some family stuff come up right as the combine was starting, so I am behind, but I watched WR's already and I have to agree with this. I love Shepherd, but I think day 3 might be the way to go if they want to draft a WR. All these guys seem like lottery tickets instead of sure things. My philosophy had started to turn even before the combine (would rather snag an athletic TE for this offense...ehem Tyler Higbee...ehem). I just think a player like that could be more valuable to the offense.

I am not sure who it was on here, but I know someone had given Tapper love early in the process. The tape is garbage and can be thrown out because he was criminally misused at Oklahoma, but at his size and with that athleticism, he is intriguing.

I am not sure who it was on here, but I know someone had given Tapper love early in the process. The tape is garbage and can be thrown out because he was criminally misused at Oklahoma, but at his size and with that athleticism, he is intriguing.

It was me. And yes he is. Might never be a starter but is a useful versatile weapon.

Had some family stuff come up right as the combine was starting, so I am behind, but I watched WR's already and I have to agree with this. I love Shepherd, but I think day 3 might be the way to go if they want to draft a WR. All these guys seem like lottery tickets instead of sure things. My philosophy had started to turn even before the combine (would rather snag an athletic TE for this offense...ehem Tyler Higbee...ehem). I just think a player like that could be more valuable to the offense.

I'd still take Miller and diction if by some chance they were there at 60 but I didn't have a WR in my latest mock (well I had Cajuste but that was as a hybrid player and Keenan Reynolds as a developmental player). Probably best to roll with what Brady is comfortable with.

4.00 flat for McCalister. There are reasons to be cautious about him but there's lots of potential there too.

A couple years ago, Tapper ran down Amari Cooper to prevent a long TD. May be worth keeping an eye on him.

Here's Tapper running down Shock Linwood from behind.

Here's Tapper running down Shock Linwood from behind.

So, I watched a little more Tapper today, and again, I found myself frustrated with his role, but I had an epiphany as well. Can Tapper be this years Owamagbe Odigizuwa? Both guys might be a little stiff, but can be "bull rusher" and have shown success. Both show great awareness and are very good against the run. We saw more from Diggy as a pass rusher, but they are very close in size and Tapper showed he has the athleticism. Both jumped inside at times (Tapper way too much). I think he could play Ninko's role. Thoughts?

So, I watched a little more Tapper today, and again, I found myself frustrated with his role, but I had an epiphany as well. Can Tapper be this years Owamagbe Odigizuwa? Both guys might be a little stiff, but can be "bull rusher" and have shown success. Both show great awareness and are very good against the run. We saw more from Diggy as a pass rusher, but they are very close in size and Tapper showed he has the athleticism. Both jumped inside at times (Tapper way too much). I think he could play Ninko's role. Thoughts?

He certainly could and has the length to do it. but I see Flowers in that role eventually. I see Tapper as more of a multi-purpose player who could backup the End positions and also move inside on passing downs either as cover for Easley or rushing from the inside along with Easley. I would like to see what his 3-cone is at his pro day - it concerns me a little that he didn't run it at the combine. I like the 'Diggy' comp although I preferred him to Tapper. It's a good athletic comparison though.

He certainly could and has the length to do it. but I see Flowers in that role eventually. I see Tapper as more of a multi-purpose player who could backup the End positions and also move inside on passing downs either as cover for Easley or rushing from the inside along with Easley. I would like to see what his 3-cone is at his pro day - it concerns me a little that he didn't run it at the combine. I like the 'Diggy' comp although I preferred him to Tapper. It's a good athletic comparison though.
Yeah, I loved Diggy last year too. I like your point on Flowers.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back