PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 NFL Combine Thread

What about Tyler Boyd? Or do you not feel he'll be there when we pick?

I think theres better value day 3 for WR honestly. And after hearing Miller talk about his goal was to run a 4.3 in the combine during the senior bowl, his 40 time was very underwhelming.

Between that and still the fact that hes raw, I can see him falling to the mid rounds.

I doubt he'll be there in the nineties - too much upside. I like Tyler Boyd as a receiver but he lacks the quick twitch of a Braxton Miller. I think a lot will depend on what happens with Amendola and LaFell. If both are kept, maybe we should be looking at TE rather than WR.

Chandler Jones

266 lbs
4.87 forty
1.63 10 yd

Jonathan Bullard

285 lbs
4.93 forty
1.66 10 yd

I like Bullard a lot.

1.63 10 yard split for Carl Nassib.

Emmanuel Ogbah - 1.59 10 yard split, 4.65 forty. Closest time we've had to an elite athlete so far today.

Has been a very disappointing combine so far for truly noteworthy performances.

Charles Tapper. 1.59 10 yd, 4.59 forty at 271 lbs. Knew he was athletic but yikes!

Edit: 34" vert and 9'11" broad. Very nice. Just needs a good 3-cone now.

Last edited:
This kid form maryland looks like he could be really good in space

Charles Tapper. 1.59 10 yd, 4.59 forty at 271 lbs. Knew he was athletic but yikes!

Edit: 34" vert and 9'11" broad. Very nice. Just needs a good 3-cone now.

That's astonishing. Faster than some WR's.

He doesn't seem to play to his potential, but could be a beast if he puts it all together.

yeesh that's terrible for Leonard Floyd... nfln just put up a comparable measurables graphic and it was Dion Jordan....

Not good when you got Mayock comparing you to Dion Jordan

yeesh that's terrible for Leonard Floyd... nfln just put up a comparable measurables graphic and it was Dion Jordan....

Not good when you got Mayock comparing you to Dion Jordan

I prefer to think of him as an Anthony Barr.

Don't Hightower

265 lbs
4.68 forty
1.66 10 yd split

Joshua Perry

254 lbs
4.68 forty
1.67 10 yd split

De'Runnya Wilson ran a 4.9 forty. Hello Canada.
He De'Runns'ya slow.

I really liked him in his Freshman and Sophomore years. Might be a good possession/red zone threat.

And lastly, I have to give credit to his parents for winning the contest. Has to be the most ****ed up first name I've ever heard. They get extra credit for having a DE at the start of the name AND an apostrophe in the name. Bravo Mr and Mrs Wilson.

I prefer to think of him as an Anthony Barr.

Well according to Dan Brugler (he has him mocked to the jests), he's the guy that can tip the scales and help the jests take the division.

With explosive edge rushers Miller and Demarcus Ware mitigating Tom Brady's quick passes in the AFC Championship Game, the Broncos provided the rest of the NFL a manual on how to beat the New England Patriots. Adding a speed rusher like Floyd to complement an already stout defensive line could be exactly what the Jets need to end the Patriots' supremacy in the AFC East.

Who knew having good edger rushers was a way to win. Epspecially going against a hobbled RT playing LT and someone who is closer to a #4 T than he is a starting T and still it came down to a kicker missing an XP and Belichick deciding to go for it instead of kicking a FG with 5 minutes left.

But ya I guess if that scenario plays out Leonard Floyd is the guy that will tip the scales for the jests to finally winning the AFC East.

Abit OT, but so fare this draft is much better on D then O. So does that chance your guys view on FAs in a week and where Patriots should use salary this year? Is it worth resigning Branch, Hicks and Silinga with this DT class? I know we still need to see DBs tomorrow but doubt that chance much really..

Abit OT, but so fare this draft is much better on D then O. So does that chance your guys view on FAs in a week and where Patriots should use salary this year? Is it worth resigning Branch, Hicks and Silinga with this DT class? I know we still need to see DBs tomorrow but doubt that chance much really..

That's a good point about the DTs. On the other hand, re-sign Hicks so that we don't need to worry about a DT in the draft and whilst other teams are grabbing their DTs, hopefully that means a good player at another position falls. Also, with so many good DTs in the draft, DT FAs might end up being a little cheaper.

I think DT Kenny Clark (UCLA) looked really good in the position drills. Even though we have much bigger needs, I wouldn't put it past BB to go for a DT in rd 2 if the talent available doesn't warrant someone at a different position.

DT Connor Wujiak (Boston College) is a late round binky of mine.

Don't Hightower

265 lbs
4.68 forty
1.66 10 yd split

Joshua Perry

254 lbs
4.68 forty
1.67 10 yd split

Perry I'm sure could run sub-4.7 consistently, whereas Hightower will never run a sub 4.7 for the rest of his life.

I think DT Kenny Clark (UCLA) looked really good in the position drills. Even though we have much bigger needs, I wouldn't put it past BB to go for a DT in rd 2 if the talent available doesn't warrant someone at a different position.

If by some stroke of luck Clark falls to 60, I could see bb taking him in a skinny minute.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back