PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Draft Day 3: Rounds 4-7 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a small school expert

I saw one of Kamu Grugier-Hill's plays on special teams (gunner) he went by one defender, blew up another and made the tackle. Great athlete

Was Keenan Reynolds picked way too high?
I really don't know too much about the guy, was the point you were trying to make about special teams or something?

I saw one of Kamu Grugier-Hill's plays on special teams (gunner) he went by one defender, blew up another and made the tackle. Great athlete
How long before Squeaky and the Douche use this as proof Jamie Collins will hold out?

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyed 5m5 minutes ago
Kamu Grugier-Hill is a crazy good athlete.

ChUcoKQXEAACpiX.jpg

As someone who doesn#t get/watch College football, i am coming on here for proper analysis on these players. However, it appears that every pick we have ever made for the last 10 years is a bust.......

I may wait for pre season instead

How long before Squeaky and the Douche use this as proof Jamie Collins will hold out?

"I'm telling you Tony, Collins is furious about this!"
"Yeah, Mike, I know, I know."

STRENGTHS
Explosive, quick-twitch athlete. Has superior chase speed and burst to the ball carrier. Possesses above average stop/start quickness. Combines quick feet and loose hips for plus agility. Range to ball carriers will be well above average. Instant reaction time once he diagnoses play. Finds the ball after the snap and stays locked in. Wrap up tackler who likes to body up as a finisher. Aggressive enough to stay at linebacker as a pro. Monster pro day with 38 1/2-inch vertical leap and 4.45 40. Has burst to become dangerous blitzer.
WEAKNESSES
Must prove he can play heavier. Lacks play strength for the linebacker spot. Absorbs too much contact by lead blockers. Needs to play with better hands and learn to jolt and shed at point of attack. Can be engulfed and will struggle to disengage at times. Turns shoulders and runs rather than scraping with square pads. Some lack of awareness in zone coverage.
DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 7 or priority free agent
BOTTOM LINE
When you are 6-foot-2, run a 4.45 and post the type of explosion numbers Grugier-Hill did at his pro day, you get late-draft attention, especially as a linebacker with ridiculous range. His lack of natural size and strength is a concern, but could be covered up as a 43 WILL linebacker. If he can get his weight up, he might be able to project inside in a 3-4 defense as long as he’s kept clean. Has a shot to be a day three selection and make an NFL team.

2016 NFL Draft Profile: Kamu Grugier-Hall

Can't complain about picking high upside guys at this point in the draft.

Remember guys, Tom Brady was picked in this round, as we all know.

It's not all doom and gloom.

I didn't know a 6th round comp pick could be a reach.

Butler would probably get the same grade if he had been picked in the 6th. Ditto Edelman.

Idiots.

Kelvin taylor gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes