PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Free Agent Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing passive-aggressive about what I posted. You're being deliberately misleading on Clay, , and I flat out said so. You're being a ridiculous homer, and you're clowning yourself by going back to Clay's first two years.

Your argument sucks.

No, your argument sucks, and so does your mother's argument, okay?

Really, don't tell me what I think.

There's nothing "homer" about believing that the Bills just gave an absurd contract to the guy - the Pats aren't even involved in it. It's a huge overpay, in my opinion, and the last time I looked, I didn't need to ask your permission to have that opinion.

It's a horrible contract. Major overpay. I would think the majority of posters would go ballistic if we let Revis walk and instead, chose to throw this contract at Clay. He's good, but no way is he close to Gronk or Ahern. Neither is Chandler, but we didn't pay him to be anything but a good red zone threat who blocks ok and can be a decent second TE.

I do applaud Rex for trying to screw over the Dolphins only to screw himself and the Bills for the next several years of cap hell. Great plan for job security...go all in - if it works, you are a hero and if not, what legitimate coach is going to want to take over that team where they will be handcuffed due to being over the salary cap.

No, your argument sucks, and so does your mother's argument, okay?

Really, don't tell me what I think.

I'll keep doing so, since you made it so obvious.

There's nothing "homer" about believing that the Bills just gave an absurd contract to the guy - the Pats aren't even involved in it. It's a huge overpay, in my opinion, and the last time I looked, I didn't need to ask your permission to have that opinion.

As I already pointed out, the numbers are lower than what Hernandez got, and it's a front loaded deal in order to make it difficult for the Dolphins to match, so your reference to the Revis deal is a ridiculous joke.

You don't need my permission to have your opinion. Just the same, I don't need your permission to give my opinion that your opinion is homeristic crap.

Contract is front loaded so after two years and 24m clay checks out and gets cut. So there is no years 3 through 5 that are "cheap". What incentive does he have to play for cheap given that he has all the money already? Great design.

Yeah great contract. 12m a year for a very average h back.

Yeah pats fans would be thrilled to pay 12m a year to this very pedestrian guy. Too small to block, not fast enough to outrun anyone from the miami boars comments. Really just another guy.

Another day. Another round of top guys leaving the board (Tramon Williams - CB, Randy Starks - DT) while the Pats sit on a pile of money.

Stevie Johnson would have been nice to have and one of the options I would prefer but he was in a group of 6-7 guys who are all fairly close together ability wise. Seeing 2 more talented players on defense that IMO were clearly the best get signed while we stand still hurts.

Tramon Williams - 32 years old.
Randy Starks - 31 years old.

People are ignoring the fact that the Pats are going to need to give people like Jones, Hightower, after this season and Collins after next, new contracts.. And they aren't going to be cheap..

Last edited:
You got just about 100% of this wrong. There's no real use in my further addressing someone who's that wildly off.
Sorry Deus.. But it is you who is wrong. He got everything accurate..

The 49ers don't have a team anymore, not worth mentioning that is, and the Rams still don't have a quarterback.

I would disagree with you on the Rams not having a QB. Foles is better than Bradford.. And the Rams have a defense.. In fact, the 2000 Ravens have shown us that a team with a good defense and avg QB can get the job done..

Not sure I agree with you about the 49ers, though the loss of Willis, Borland, Cox, and Culliver has depleted their defense quite a bit. Losing Gore may or may not hurt their offense. They still have Kendell Hunter and Carlos Hyde back there. They also added Torrey Smith, who is an upgrade over Crabtree and Stevie Johnson. The only defensive signing they've made is Chris Cook. Who helps off-set the loss of Cox..

even considering what we have lost I still see us as a top 1-2 team in the AFC. Broncos didn't do anything in the off-season and lost Knighton/Julius Thomas..and manning is a year older with less weapons

all the Colts did was replace reggie wayne with an old andre Johnson and an old frank gore.

That "old" Frank Gore still put up over 1100 yards last season.. That "old" Andre Johnson still put up nearly 950 yards last season as the #2 opposite DeAndre Hopkins. And they had 4 different QBs.. So let's not go ripping him because of his age.. He proved he was still effective despite the QB issues..

I'll keep doing so, since you made it so obvious.

As I already pointed out, the numbers are lower than what Hernandez got, and it's a front loaded deal in order to make it difficult for the Dolphins to match, so your reference to the Revis deal is a ridiculous joke.

You don't need my permission to have your opinion. Just the same, I don't need your permission to give my opinion that your opinion is homeristic crap.

Made what obvious? That I think it's a ridiculous deal? It is. And I'm seeing most people agreeing with me, not you.

You compared him to Hernandez - go look at Hernandez's three years - 38 total games. Then go look at Clay's four years - 58 total games. Hernandez beats him in every production category with 20 fewer games.

So Scott Chandler, who is much bigger and a better blocker, got 500 receiving yards and 3 TDs last year, was a meh TE2 pickup, but...
Yes Chandler is bigger, but that doesn't mean that he's a better blocker than Clay…because he isn't.

Except I'm not insulting you, but you are insulting me, repeatedly.

Did I throw your declarations about Collins or the Mankins trade in your face? Have I ever done that to you or anyone else on the board?

So yeah, it's the internet. You have every right to be a douche. So go to.

@AdamSchefter: Former 49ers WR Michael Crabtree is visiting the Dolphins today.

He was promising and explosive before his injury. Has he got anything left?

I've read he can't be a #1 anymore but can help as a possession #2/3. He would fit well with Tannehill's short passing game.

I'm sure it would have taken more money than that to pry him away from his current team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back