PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Free Agent Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
even considering what we have lost I still see us as a top 1-2 team in the AFC. Broncos didn't do anything in the off-season and lost Knighton/Julius Thomas..and manning is a year older with less weapons

all the Colts did was replace reggie wayne with an old andre Johnson and an old frank gore.

Three more free agents to sign elsewhere: Aiken, Connolly, and Ridley. I wonder if any Superbowl
winner in history has lost nine players to free agency the very next tear?

Connolly is the only significant free agent left, but he's old. Id like him back to help groom some of these younger guys, and they'll probably draft 1 or 2 interior offensive lineman

It could but I just would like to see them off set impact players lost by getting impact players. Instead they seem to want to do in by getting depth for the most part which I don't agree with but we will see.

Maybe a big trade is coming. I will wait to see the finished product but I will go on record now saying I doubt we are quite as strong as last year.

McCourty and Sheard are impact players. If you're looking for a Revis replacement, there are only 2 or 3 guys in the league that could replace him and they're all signed with other teams, so we need to get use to going back to a zone scheme like we've ran for the last 10 years

I can bet you that whoever replaces Revis, Browner, Wilfork, and Vereen are going to be inferior players.

Revis and Browner were basically a press man package deal. Browner won't have a direct "replacement" because they aren't going to be running a press man scheme anymore. He was expendable as soon as Revis signed with the Jets.

Wilfork was going to be gone by 2016 anyways because of father time.. I can't sit here and kick ourselves over not having him anymore, he's been here 11 years and is at the end of a magnificent career. We've gone back to a 4-3 base defense anyways, so the NT role isn't as much of a premium as it was in the 3-4.

Vereen was a luxury, I wish we would have kept him but even more than that I wish we kept woodhead. Vereen can and will be replaced.. he had a history or injuries as well and missed a lot of games, so you're not exactly losing a hall of famer with him. . Pierre Thomas could adequately replace his production.

every single team in the league has some weaknesses.. the only questionable spot on our whole roster is the CB 1 position and OG. That's not bad at all.. there are teams in much worse shape.

I'm not going there. I'm just pointing to a basic truth. For whatever reason(s), someone in the Patriots organization wasn't willing to pay the money it would have taken to keep Revis. It might work out fine in the end. It might be a disaster. Only time will tell us that tale.

Yea time will tell, so there really isn't any point in continuously hammering on the fact that Revis isn't here anymore. .

They went to 3 straight afccgs in a row without Revis. They can use the money they didn't pay him to sign quite a few other guys that can all help contribute towards going to a fifth straight afccg

Revis is gone and it stinks, but that doesn't mean you can't feel good about other moves they're making. Out front 7 with Sheard + the return of Mayo and Easley is going to be BEAST! I'm excited about the possibilities of that front 7, and if they play a dominant game, the secondary is going to look like pro bowlers out there.

What we lost in the secondary is on the front 7 to make up for and carry the weight. They have the talent right now, before the draft has even started, to be dominant up front and get after the QB.. and I've heard that this is a deep draft for pass rushers, so I'd like to see them draft a rotational pass rusher in the 2nd or 3rd round.

They can still compete and win a SB, they just have to do it in a different way without Revis.

Think about a team like green bay.. they've had some pretty bad to average CB play but have always had a decent defense that can get after the QB and create turnovers. If not for some BS miracle plays in the NFCCG, they should have been playing us in the SB..

I don't mean to blow my own horn... but my source that told me "outlook does not look good" had it right. Joke is on all you that laughed at that post! Hahahaha

@nickeatman: Greg Hardy expected to be at Valley Ranch in the next few hours.

Connolly is the only significant free agent left, but he's old. Id like him back to help groom some of these younger guys, and they'll probably draft 1 or 2 interior offensive lineman
Ridley is just floating around, haven't heard much except that he had drawn interest from the Vikes early on. Might as well bring him back IMO. Wouldn't think he'll get much money on the market. Yes yes, RB position not valued. But I'd take him back cheap. If he is recovering well I see him as our best RB.

@AdamSchefter: There is no agreement yet between Greg Hardy and the Dallas Cowboys -- yet being the key word -- but negotiations are ongoing.

@AdamSchefter: There is no agreement yet between Greg Hardy and the Dallas Cowboys -- yet being the key word -- but negotiations are ongoing.

Anywhere but here is fine by me.

Yea time will tell, so there really isn't any point in continuously hammering on the fact that Revis isn't here anymore. .

They went to 3 straight afccgs in a row without Revis. They can use the money they didn't pay him to sign quite a few other guys that can all help contribute towards going to a fifth straight afccg

Revis is gone and it stinks, but that doesn't mean you can't feel good about other moves they're making. Out front 7 with Sheard + the return of Mayo and Easley is going to be BEAST! I'm excited about the possibilities of that front 7, and if they play a dominant game, the secondary is going to look like pro bowlers out there.

What we lost in the secondary is on the front 7 to make up for and carry the weight. They have the talent right now, before the draft has even started, to be dominant up front and get after the QB.. and I've heard that this is a deep draft for pass rushers, so I'd like to see them draft a rotational pass rusher in the 2nd or 3rd round.

They can still compete and win a SB, they just have to do it in a different way without Revis.

Think about a team like green bay.. they've had some pretty bad to average CB play but have always had a decent defense that can get after the QB and create turnovers. If not for some BS miracle plays in the NFCCG, they should have been playing us in the SB..

You want people to stop hammering on about Revis, but you won't stop blowing smoke up their asses?

@RapSheet: They also have Anthony Spencer in today. Pass-rush intrigue RT @ProFootballTalk Greg Hardy also plans to visit Seahawks, per league source.

You want people to stop hammering on about Revis, but you won't stop blowing smoke up their asses?

Blowing smoke up people's asses? Not unless they buy me dinner first, I'm just not that kind of guy.

I don't see how I'm blowing any smoke up anything.. I said that our front 7 is going to be awesome next year with Sheard and the return of Mayo and Easley. . Plus whatever draft picks we get...

I gave an example of a team that competes each year for a SB that has had atrocious CB play for years now..

There are many ways to skin a cat.. I've never skinned a cat before, but I've heard there are supposidly many ways to do it.

@RapSheet: #Raiders sign RB Trent Richardson to a 2-year worth $3.9M total, source said. It can go up to $4M per year based on incentives.

Oakland Raiders, ladies and gentleman.

@RapSheet: #Raiders sign RB Trent Richardson to a 2-year worth $3.9M total, source said. It can go up to $4M per year based on incentives.

Ew.

$100k in total incentives?

That's basically going to be a 1 year deal with a team option. Given how far under the cap the Raiders are, and given that they haven't been able to get players to take their money, this is actually a 'good' signing.

Although the defense took a big step back the defense wasn't the reason they lost sb 42&46. It can still be done if the offense plays great but it'd be nice to not go back to that historically horrific 3rd down defense.

$100k in total incentives?

That's basically going to be a 1 year deal with a team option. Given how far under the cap the Raiders are, and given that they haven't been able to get players to take their money, this is actually a 'good' signing.
I think it was saying 2 years $3.9m total, "up to $4m per year" with incentives, which would bring it to a 2 year $8m deal. Sign low, play well and you can double your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back