PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 NFL Free Agent Signings Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
To much money could of had Johnson for that coin I bet.
I hope we still sign him or Hardy.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 9m9 minutes ago
Patriots also signed former Raiders DB Chimdi Chekwa to a 1 year deal. Chekwa enters his 5th NFL season. 6-0, 190. Played at Ohio State.

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 9m9 minutes ago
Checkwas is a solid Special Teams DB.. 9 Solo ST Tackles last year. He's a depth/camp body with long odds to make roster.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 3m3 minutes ago
Chimdi Chekwa was not tendered an offer by Raiders as a restricted free agent this year, making him an unrestricted free agent. NE acts fast

Who? Jeez it's pretty bad when I have to google all the players the pats are picking up while great players are either signed, or visiting other teams. It's one of those situations where we will all complain, and then bill comes out of nowhere with something huge. I'm not gonna question the team though until free agency is over.

Well nothin big will happen. Also no game or season is won or lost in FA. We have the draft and the games. See another chicken little dropped by

Jabaal Sheard fits Patriots mold well

http://tinyurl.com/owcc5yx
Jabaal Sheard fits Patriots mold well March, 11, 2015 7:30 PM ET By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

When thinking of what the New England Patriots value in players, things like skill, size, toughness and versatility come to mind. Defensive end/outside linebacker Jabaal Sheard checks the box in each area, and because he had a down year in 2014 and might be a bargain in free agency, Sheard was our "top target" pick for the Patriots entering free agency.

Sheard The Patriots saw it similarly in signing him to a two-year, $11 million contract on Wednesday.
Here's our quick-hit breakdown:

Skill -- Sheard has 23 quarterback sacks in his first four seasons, although it should be noted his production in that area dipped each season. Part of that could have been adjusting to three different defensive coordinators in four years. In addition to rushing the passer, Sheard is an edge-setting presence in the run game.

Size -- At 6-foot-3 and 264 pounds, Sheard isn't as rangy as the 6-foot-5 Chandler Jones, but that's still a solid physical makeup for an end-of-the-line player in the team's scheme.

Toughness -- This is what drew us to Sheard coming out of the 2011 draft, as the University of Pittsburgh product had an element of toughness that stood out. He has missed just three games over four NFL seasons playing in the smash-mouth AFC North, so that toughness has carried over to the NFL.

Versatility -- Sheard is an end-of-the-line player, which means he'd be an outside linebacker in a 3-4 alignment or a defensive end in a 4-3. In the various sub defenses the Patriots play (73.5 percent of the time in 2014), Sheard could factor in a number of spots.

The Patriots seemed to like Sheard coming out of college and could have taken him at the top of the second round that year, but instead went with cornerback Ras-I Dowling. Sheard went to the Browns four picks later, and in 2013, then-Cleveland general manager Michael Lombardi got to know Sheard, which is intel that likely played some type of role in New England's pursuit this year.

Nice pickup.

Bucs are expected to release SS Dashon Goldson. Pats brought him in for a visit if I recall correctly when he was an FA. I wouldn't mind putting him next to McCourty make safety position a strength.

Well nothin big will happen. Also no game or season is won or lost in FA. We have the draft and the games. See another chicken little dropped by

I'm not a chicken little. Was just joking that ive never heard of him, and i also said I wasn't questioning the team as I trust what bill is doing. I have been on this site everyday for at least ten years, and now I remember why I never say anything.

If we go after Goldson, what happens with that Chung deal? Now with no legit corner, I am not sure why they bumped Chung's deal last season.

If we go after Goldson, what happens with that Chung deal? Now with no legit corner, I am not sure why they bumped Chung's deal last season.
All I know is pats had interest in him even came in for a visit before he signed with bucs if I recall correctly. And if $ is right I would bring him in. Better than Chung. And as you said with no CB pats go cover 2. Chung ' s weaknesses get exposed. If Goldson works out and he has the talent, he is your thumper and a fit at SS next to McCourty.

not sure chung is even worth having now without revis and browner.

Christ how does BB sign these guys while going to pro days? Does this guy even sleep? Must have Caserio, Lombardi, and others do some of the contracts for him.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports free agent DeMarco Murray is expected to make a decision by Wednesday evening, and that the Raiders are believed to be offering the most money.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports free agent DeMarco Murray is expected to make a decision by Wednesday evening, and that the Raiders are believed to be offering the most money.
It's way too early in his career for Murray to go retire to Oakland.

It's way too early in his career for Murray to go retire to Oakland.

He's a running back with a lot of carries from last season. He should take the money and run.

lol Raiders. When will they learn. Gonna pay $9m per for a RB that is good but really benefited from playing behind a great OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST