PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 Predict the playoffs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
WC:
Pitt over Baltimore, in a high scoring game which is funny given their histories
Cincy over Indy, Indy's defense just sucks and I think Cincy will turn Luck over and do enough on D.
Carolina over AZ, the Cards just can't score and Newton will do enough with his feet.
Dallas over Detroit, Stafford sucks and Dallas's OL will be enough to offset Detroit's biggest strength

Divisional:
NE over Cincy, 13 days rest vs 6, Bill vs Marvin, Tom vs Andy.....
Pitt over Denver, I think the Broncos are ripe for a one and Dungy with Manning playing like he is and Ben will do enough with his legs.
Seattle over Carolina, this will be closer than people think. Seattle's offense rarely puts up big points and Newton will use their defenses aggression against them.
Dallas over GB, I just think that OL is going to control the game vs GB.

Conference
NE over Pitt, LeBeau minus the 04 and 11 Halloween weekends where the Pat's offense showed up as a pumpkin couldn't slow down Brady with much better defenses.
Dallas over Seattle, They went in there and did it before. I think that OL controls the game and Seattle's offense doesn't keep up.

SB

NE over Dallas, Pats offense will be able to move the ball on this defense, Revis slows down Bryant, Bill schemes to take away the run. If I'm wrong and the Hawks get through I see a Giant like SB with the game in the teens and likely the last team with the ball wins.

Wild card
(5) Arizona over (4) Carolina: because defense
(3) Pittsburgh over (6) Ravens: these aren't your Dad's Ravens
(4) Indianapolis over (5) Cincinnati: Dalton out chokes Luck in a choke fest
(3) Dallas over (6) Detroit: Dallas wins in the trenches especially with Suh out

Divisional
(1) New England over (4) Indianapolis: because we own them
(5) Arizona over (1) Seattle: what's that saying about beating a team 3 times in one year?
(3) Dallas over (2) Green Bay: Rodgers calf holds him back
(3) Pittsburgh over (2) Denver: ducks fly south for the winter

Championship
(3) Dallas over (5) Arizona: no home super bowl for you!
(1) New England over (3) Pittsburgh: just like old times

Super Bowl
New England 28 Dallas 23: we are a model of perfect efficiency in the red zone with Belichick unveiling the double headed TE monster as Gronk and Wright each score 2 touchdowns. Dallas gets bogged down as our secondary clamps down in the red zone and they have to settle for 3 field goals that end up costing them.

I'd love to pick Detroit to upset Dallas but it will be tough without suh. I think the bengals are just going to run over the colts with Hill, especially if Ty Hilton is banged up; both those teams are pretenders though.

Wild card
(4) Carolina over (5) Arizona - Panthers D has turned in 2013 Panthers D.
(3) Pittsburgh over (6) Ravens - Pittsburgh is in better form than Baltimore.
(5) Cincinnati over (4) Indianapolis - Indianapolis have hit the skids and the Bengals D is legit.
(3) Dallas over (6) Detroit - Stafford is the new Romo.

Divisional
(1) New England over (5) Cincinnati - straightforward.
(1) Seattle over (4) Carolina - straightforward.
(2) Green Bay over (3) Dallas - If Rodgers is at full health, he'll be too much for the Cowboys D.
(2) Denver over (3) Pittsburgh - Denver is still good enough to beat anyone.

Championship
(1) Seattle over (2) Green Bay - Best team in the NFC shows why.
(1) New England over (2) Denver - Best team in the AFC shows why.

Super Bowl
(1) New England over (1) Seattle - New England's D matches Seattle's D and Brady makes one more clutch play than Wilson in a tightly contested affair for the ages.

Wild card
(5) Arizona over (4) Carolina: because defense
(3) Pittsburgh over (6) Ravens: these aren't your Dad's Ravens
(4) Indianapolis over (5) Cincinnati: Dalton out chokes Luck in a choke fest
(3) Dallas over (6) Detroit: Dallas wins in the trenches especially with Suh out

Divisional
(1) New England over (4) Indianapolis: because we own them
(5) Arizona over (1) Seattle: what's that saying about beating a team 3 times in one year?
(3) Dallas over (2) Green Bay: Rodgers calf holds him back
(3) Pittsburgh over (2) Denver: ducks fly south for the winter

Championship
(3) Dallas over (5) Arizona: no home super bowl for you!
(1) New England over (3) Pittsburgh: just like old times

Super Bowl
New England 28 Dallas 23: we are a model of perfect efficiency in the red zone with Belichick unveiling the double headed TE monster as Gronk and Wright each score 2 touchdowns. Dallas gets bogged down as our secondary clamps down in the red zone and they have to settle for 3 field goals that end up costing them.
You forgot a Romo fumble or sand lot run around for ten minutes and throw a pick with the game on the line. Dumb ass Dez throws a punch our six at Browner after getting punked for three quarters.

You forgot a Romo fumble or sand lot run around for ten minutes and throw a pick with the game on the line. Dumb ass Dez throws a punch our six at Browner after getting punked for three quarters.

A Revis pick 6 would add some nice drama!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes