2014 Pats Salary Cap Breakdown - TEs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel

Patriots Salary Cap Guru
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
As of now, the Patriots have two tight ends (Rob Gronkowski and D.J. Williams) signed for the 2014 season. Their respective cap numbers are $5,400,000 and $645,000. Gronk's 2014 $3.75 million salary is fully guaranteed. His offseason workout bonus money of $250,000 was also fully guaranteed and has been prorated over 5 years starting in 2012. His 2015 $4.75 million base salary and $250,000 workout bonus are guaranteed for injury only prior to end of 2014 league year and then guaranteed fully afterwards. The Patriots have until the final day of the 2015 league year to pick up Gronkowski's $10 million option for the 2016 season.

Michael Hoomanawanui and Matthew Mulligan will be unrestricted free agents. I foresee Hoomanawanui signing a similar deal to his 2013 deal - playing-time incentive laden and Mulligan signing a veteran minimum deal with the Patriots. Given the uncertainty of Gronk's availability for the entire 2014 season I see the Pats trying to sign a pass-catching tight-end in free agency or drafting one.

Gronk's cap page - Miguel's UNOFFICIAL 2013 Patriots Salary Cap Footnotes and Documentation Page - Rob Gronkowski
Williams' - Miguel's UNOFFICIAL 2013 Patriots Salary Cap Footnotes and Documentation Page - D.J. Williams

Reposting these posts as they may be of more interest now.

Update - I have seen posts opining that the Pats release Gronk this offseason. I just do not see that happening. Drew Rosenhaus would immediately file a grievance asking that the Pats pay Gronk his 2015 salary and offseason workout bonus money immediately since they were guaranteed for injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back