PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Mock Draft Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
GM's you can send me a PM with your vote for the Chargers pick and I'll post the selection by 1 pm.

Last edited:
What the Chargers really need is not more talent but less boneheaded plays. The football IQ of their players is incredibly low, leading to their rather poor record despite having one of the more talented teams in the league and impressive stats on both offense and defense. Which goes to show, as BB said, stats are for losers. At the end of the day, the scoreboard and the final tally are what count.

Just online guys

too late?

just saw the pick.

sorry for the inconvenience to the organisers and other posters.

Catching up all day.

sorry folks.

just saw the pick.

sorry for the inconvenience to the organisers and other posters.

Catching up all day.

sorry folks.

You still have time to change it do you want me to delete the pick?

GM's you can PM me your votes for the Tampa Bay selection and I'll post the selection in 30 minutes.

Last edited:
I guess I can take on the Ravens pick since I did make their 1st round selection?

I guess I can take on the Ravens pick since I did make their 1st round selection?

Thanks bakes. Does anyone want Green Bay or Oakland? I'm offering to someone with one team first.

This mock is turning out like several others I've participated in. No one is valuing RB when normally 6-7 go in the first 65 picks.

2010 - 7 RB's
2009 - 5 RB's
2008 - 8 RB's
2007 - 6 RB's

And they are overvaluing Guards when only 3 normally go in the first 3 rounds. Guard isn't valued that high because teams would prefer to pay Skill position players the Signing Bonuses from the first 3 rounds.

We've had 4 Guards selected so far (Hudson is more G than C imo) and if things go like they normally do I expect about 4-6 more to go before the end of round 3.

Last edited:
This mock is turning out like several others I've participated in. No one is valuing RB when normally 6-7 go in the first 65 picks.

2010 - 7 RB's
2009 - 5 RB's
2008 - 8 RB's
2007 - 6 RB's

And they are overvaluing Guards when only 3 normally go in the first 3 rounds. Guard isn't valued that high because teams would prefer to pay Skill position players the Signing Bonuses from the first 3 rounds.

We've had 4 Guards selected so far (Hudson is more G than C imo) and if things go like they normally do I expect about 4-6 more to go before the end of round 3.

This is why no NFL teams will hire us :)

This RB group is pretty weak this year tho, but good for the Pats there will be great value in rounds 2 and 3.

2010 - 7 RB's
2009 - 5 RB's
2008 - 8 RB's
2007 - 6 RB's

Nice theory. Of course it isn't true.
2010- 8 OG
2009- 3 OG
2008- 5 OG
2007- 5 OG
2006- 4 OG
link: 2010 NFL Draft Pick History and Results - National Football League - ESPN
This, of course doesn't count all the other lineman that were declared OT's, and OC's that are now playing Guard. I think it has more to do with the talent at any position at any given year. I thought that Leshoure, and williams would go higher in round 2 than they did. I did not surprise me to see that their were no other RB's taken to this point. That is just a talent assessment of this years RB class on my part.

Nice theory. Of course it isn't true.
2010- 8 OG
2009- 3 OG
2008- 5 OG
2007- 5 OG
2006- 4 OG
This, of course doesn't count all the other lineman that were declared OT's, and OC's that are now playing Guard. I think it has more to do with the talent at any position at any given year. I thought that Leshoure, and williams would go higher in round 2 than they did. I did not surprise me to see that their were no other RB's taken to this point. That is just a talent assessment of this years RB class on my part.

I wasn't counting OT's that converted to Guard but pure Guards of which only 9 were selected in the whole draft last year. When you count the OT's of course the numbers will go up and can be manipulated but they get a shot at least at playing Tackle which Ducasse will this year. ESPN is using their current positions they play in the NFL not what they played in college which most of those guys were OT's.

The only Guards were Iupati, Asamoah, and Mike Johnson.

2010 NFL Draft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Considering these were the RB's taken in 2010 in the first 65 picks I think this years class is head and shoulders above them.

1.12 Ryan Matthews
1.30 Javih Best
2.36 Dexter McCluster
2.51 Toby Gerhart
2.58 Ben Tate
2.59 Monterio Hardesty

No worries though. This is about how I expected things to go and I will just be happy to accept the gift RB's in rounds 4-5 that should have gone in rounds 2-3.

Last edited:
A bit early for Vareen, but a kid I like.

Well I was starting to believe S. Wisneiwski was going to make it to 60. Almost had him and that would have been my ideal but we adjust and we move on with the run on backs in the second I felt Vereen was the best value sitting there at 60 and now without trades I hope my next target makes it to 74.

This is a time in the day where I type void of punctuation.

Well I was starting to believe S. Wisneiwski was going to make it to 60. Almost had him and that would have been my ideal but we adjust and we move on with the run on backs in the second I felt Vereen was the best value sitting there at 60 and now without trades I hope my next target makes it to 74.

I love the Vereen pick. I think will probably end up being the 3rd best RB out of this draft class behind Ingram and LeShoure. I don't think he will make it to 60 on draft day.

its funny had LeShoure fell to my Ravens pick I probably woulda snatched him up since I was actually considering selecting him with their 1st pick. Instead I had to settle for the top Center in the draft. :p

I love the Vereen pick. I think will probably end up being the 3rd best RB out of this draft class behind Ingram and LeShoure. I don't think he will make it to 60 on draft day.

Funny, I like Vereen but I think 60 is a round early for him.

Last edited:
Bakes I will offer to make the Packers selection since I made their first round choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe