PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2009 NFL Mock Draft Game: Discussion/Vote Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we have THE STEAL of the draft with the Jags taking Donald Brown just now.

I think they replaced Fred Taylor with a pretty good player if this was the real draft and Wine would be flowing in their war room:D:D

Thanks all for that, I was excitd to trade up for Crabtree and still get Brown.

Going to take my pick in a minute.

Alright, the Packers trenches have been rebuilt. Phew! Wasn't sure a good OL would last this long, but this draft seems pretty darn deep for OLB and OL.

If the 49'rs do not make their pick I though I might sound in before I head to bed.

1)Keenan Lewis
2)Macho Man Haris
3)Sherrod Martin

Not that I think they need to go DB after QB and WR. Remeber who is running the show down there "We are going to come out and hit you in the mouth" I loved it but he needs some playmakers in the secondary.

If the 49'rs do not make their pick I though I might sound in before I head to bed.

1)Keenan Lewis
2)Macho Man Haris
3)Sherrod Martin

Not that I think they need to go DB after QB and WR. Remeber who is running the show down there "We are going to come out and hit you in the mouth" I loved it but he needs some playmakers in the secondary.

I will go with Macho Man Harris out of that group.

Who wants the 49ers?

ETA: I think it's safe to say stinkypete isn't participating, so who wants the J-e-s-t-s?

Last edited:
Who wants the 49ers?

ETA: I think it's safe to say stinkypete isn't participating, so who wants the J-e-s-t-s?

I will take on another team if it will keep this moving but others who only have one should have first pick.

Well we are not long away from the JETS and I would say they went QB then RB it is time to go defense or round it out with a WR:D. With that in mind here are my top three:

1) Dorell Scott, Clemson
2) Matt Shaughnessy, Wisconsin
3) Derrick Williams, Penn State

Last edited:
I will take on another team if it will keep this moving but others who only have one should have first pick.

Well we are not long away from the JETS and I would say they went QB then RB it is time to go defense or round it out with a WR:D. With that in mind here are my top three:

1) Dorell Scott, Clemson
2) Matt Shaughnessy, Wisconsin
3) Derrick Williams, Penn State

Yeah I was actually thinking of taking them myself :D since I don't have another pick until the 5th round.

Derrick Williams seems like a solid choice!

Last edited:
You guys can just PM me if you want me to take over the picks for any of the remaining teams. Im willing to go the full 7.

You guys can just PM me if you want me to take over the picks for any of the remaining teams. Im willing to go the full 7.

We'll certainly need your help if we're to get even this round done. A full 7 may be unrealistic at this pace, but we should be able to get thru my original goal of 4 rounds.

Not that I care that the Jets got screwed but... what they lack is a big play WR with speed. Derrick Williams ran a 4.68 40 so he does NOT address that need, hehe. Cotchery, Stuckey, etc. are all possession/slot guys. Derrick Williams is a flexible kid who can play multiple roles, but speedster he is not. Well those are the breaks.

Last edited:
Not that I care that the Jets got screwed but... what they lack is a big play WR with speed. Derrick Williams ran a 4.68 40 so he does NOT address that need, hehe. Cotchery, Stuckey, etc. are all possession/slot guys. Derrick Williams is a flexible kid who can play multiple roles, but speedster he is not. Well those are the breaks.

Well to be fair he had a flu at the combine and did much better at his pro day.
03/19/09 - Penn State Pro day: Wide receiver Derrick Williams, who turned in disappointing numbers at the NFL Combine while suffering from the flu, bounced back at pro day by running a 4.37-second 40-yard dash (0.2 seconds better than his combine time) and bench-pressing 225 pounds 18 times (up from 14 at the combine).
Derrick Williams | Penn State, WR : 2009 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile pos=WR

Well to be fair he had a flu at the combine and did much better at his pro day.

Derrick Williams*|*Penn State,*WR*:*2009 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile pos=WR

Is that a typo? Because a .2 second improvement would be 4.47 not 4.37.

Here we go. 4.47. Updated on 3/22.

03/22/09 - Penn State Pro day: WR Derrick Williams (5-11 5/8, 198 pounds) ran a 4.47 and 4.50 in the 40, had a 9-foot, 7-inch broad jump, a 4.21 short shuttle, a 6.96 three-cone drill and 18 bench press reps. Conducted indoors on FieldTurf. – Gil Brandt, NFL.com

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56949&draftyear=2009&genpos=WR

A 4.5 isn't as slow as he showed at the combine but that's still not a speedster by any stretch.

Last edited:
Last edited:
No .37 + .2 = .57 :eat2:

Eh whatever it's the Jests :p

:D:DThis is how I feel.

What other WR would you have taken at that point of our draft who was quality with speed. His Combine 40 Time: 4.58 then his Pro Day 40 Time: 4.47 and 4.50 in the 40 with out the flu. In his draft profile the name play maker and stretching the field keep coming up.

Derrick Williams, Penn State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com Football

I just see him as a better option then Mike Wallace, Brandon Gibson and Ramses Barden at this point in the draft.

A.C is in da house! :)

back-to-back Nittany Lions
Penn%20State%20Nittany%20Lions%20Memorabilia_0ba9232af749b5b889021c9459e2c67f.gif

Last edited:
Detroit Lions 2009 Draft

jason_smith.jpg
t1_laurinaitis_icon.jpg

Jason Smith___________________James Laurinaitis
32749645.jpg

Darius Butler​
jairus_byrd.jpg
sportssidbury.jpg

Jairus Byrd___________________________Lawrence Sidbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back