PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Opponents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect the opener to be a home game against a divisional oponent. Perhaps the Bills will play sacrificial lamb again? The West Coast trips will be a grind and likely cause a loss ot two, but who cares? This year will likely not be repeated for a LONG time, but I would expect another division title and a home playoff game next year at the least. I'm hoping that in the draft they bring home a stud running back so next season can be the year of the bulldozing running game (1-2 punch) :rocker:

Sobering to note, they haven't won anything yet this year and wouldn't be the first top seed to fall in the playoffs. This WOULD be the sweetest of all seasons though if they can keep it up for just 4 more games :singing:

We will already have a 1-2 punch because Sammy will be back, we do not need another running back.

I anticipate that scheduling-wise, the league will do everything it can to trip the Patriots up in the interest of "parity." That means night games, short rest, bye week early or late in the season, etc. It could be our toughest schedule ever, regardless of the opponents.

It can be early (week 4 :eek:), but it can't be any later than it was this year. Plus, thankfully, there is no way NBC will let the NFL put all of their primetime appearances on MNF. :)

Truth be told, early in the season when the first talk of an undefeated 2007 came up, I thought there was no way the Pats could do it, because the schedule was so difficult. Eight games in 2007 were against 2006 playoff teams, and that doesn't even count the Steelers or Browns who are in the playoffs for '07 (and maybe Washington, who could make it 11 of 16 games against either '06 or '07 playoff teams). That's what makes the 15-0 season so remarkable.

So as we look at the 2008 schedule, I'll make the same mistake and assume that next year's opponents will play like they did in 2007. Other than the travel schedule, as other posters have warned, there's nothing scary about 2008. Is it too early to be talking about an undefeated season in 2008? :D

P.S. With 8 games against AFC or NFC West teams, don't plan on too many 1pm Sunday games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back