PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2/18/2015: Schefter Blows Up ESPN's Earlier Story

Just taking this to local radio for a minute.....

This guy Benz is probably not long for the 10-2 gig.

I've never heard him.

Why?

I've never heard him.

Why?

He's not getting along with Merloni, and he's supposed to be the facilitator/moderator of the program. Yesterday had the two of them seemingly almost coming to blows, and today's not much better.

No.

The other forum was established because there was a big game coming up in the near future.

The next regular season game is Thursday night September 10th.

Good then I can just ignore this bad boy. The 24 hour a day/7 days a week news cycle is annoying and so many of these reports have been horribly wrong. I'd prefer to just wait for Wells' final report then be done with this topic. Besides, I'm not snowed in so I'm not begging for something to do in order to avoid going totally insane. :)

You know what's really odd? I'm listening to WEEI right now, and all sorts of callers are /outraged/ that ANYONE thinks Nagui did anything wrong or that there was anything wrong with the way the story was reported.

It gets even more fun, and it does so via PFT. This is really fun stuff:

In this specific case, the Patriots weren’t told that the ball marked K1 would be removed from play. After the Patriots scored the first touchdown of the game, the Patriots noticed on the extra-point attempt that the ball had not been prepped the same way that K1 had been prepped. So the Patriots raised the issue with the game officials, and the process commenced of trying to track down the K1 ball.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...alerted-nfl-to-issue-with-special-teams-ball/

So the narrative has now gone from "Patriots were trying to cheat again!" to "Patriots proper vigilance leads to the discovery that an NFL employee was stealing."

Another good reason to absolutely despise Florio for his bias - - the last line:

"Which means that maybe the league should have considered how hard it would be to prove tampering before pulling the pin out of the integrity-of-the-game grenade."

How about "....how hard it would be to prove INNOCENCE"?????

Florio is saying the Pats will get off. However, where do the Pats go (In Raymond Donovan's words) to get back their reputation?

You know what's really odd? I'm listening to WEEI right now, and all sorts of callers are /outraged/ that ANYONE thinks Nagui did anything wrong or that there was anything wrong with the way the story was reported.

Felger level of deliberate misinterpretation...

I've never heard him.

Why?

He is claiming that Naqi never accused McNally of knowingly trying to insert unapproved footballs even though she stated just that on their show yesterday. They kept on playing the wrong clip on the air to back his assertion. After several callers said that there was a clip where she said just that, they finally played the right clip and he still maintained his ridiculous argument.

Good then I can just ignore this bad boy. The 24 hour a day/7 days a week news cycle is annoying and so many of these reports have been horribly wrong. I'd prefer to just wait for Wells' final report then be done with this topic. Besides, I'm not snowed in so I'm not begging for something to do in order to avoid going totally insane. :)

Glad to help you understand what 99% of posters here already did when they started. You don't have to click on every thread - - there are TITLES that can help you understand what the particular conversation is going to be about.

Grigson comes off as petty . Clearly he is like Faulk who is still pissed at the 2001 Rams loss.

Odd. The last time I looked ESPN was in Connecticut which, if memory serves me, is in New England. Ridiculously naive I know, but there it is. Could this hatred stem from Kraft's decision to screw Hartford and move to Foxboro?
Partly, But Conn has always straddled the line. There at least as many NY sports team fans in CONN as there are Boston/NE sports teams fans.

Even Bert Breer is picking up on it! This is going to get some traction.

Albert Breer ✔ @AlbertBreer
That's the first time the Colts have said on record they alerted the NFL prior to the game. So if the NFL knew, and Pats weren't warned ...

On a side, off topic note, why do the radio stations let Steve from Fall River on their shows? I just heard him on the radio and of course he took the stance of "of course the Pats deflated footballs and Belichick's press conference was a great piece of acting and the Pats fans will ignore the obvious that the Pats did something devious because there is no video of it".

Of course he doesn't believe it, but that is just the character he created. He wants to be the contrarian who can come on and rile up the Pats fans and become a local celebrity. His act is way too transparent and stupid. I don't get why they let guys like him on the air.
The last paragraph answered your own question.

Grigson has to say this now because he has only 1 football as evidence.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back