Welcome to PatsFans.com

15 min delay @ beginning of game; Chargers fans cheer for us

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sunqueen212, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Sunqueen212

Sunqueen212 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

BB is a genius. So I've been reading on other boards that he sent out the team at the same time the Chargers players went out on the field to a raucous reception. Intentionally of course! Brilliant!
  2. AirForcePatFan

AirForcePatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yea, I heard that too... Is that why there was a 15 minute delay at the beginning? But I heard that the crowd wasn't sure if they wanted to scream for their team or boo the Patriots, so it was relatively quiet because they couldn't decide... Brillant move on BB!!
  3. nhpatsfan

nhpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought maybe the delay was due to the early game going into overtime.

Anyway, another good move by BB!
  4. PatsFaninAZ

PatsFaninAZ Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Yup. I think the advertisers' deals with the network when you have two games on in one day on different networks allows them to get a hefty rebate if the commercial they paid a ton of money to be on during the immediate pregame show occurs while the other game is still on a different network, so the nets have some flexibility to ask the NFL to delay the games so they don't have to adjust the rates.
  5. nhpatsfan

nhpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That makes sense. The conflicting network thing was the only glitch in my premise, but from a purely business perspective it makes sense. Thanks.