PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12/10 - WalterFootball 3-Round mock

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
That draft also has Brandon Graham going #84, which is ridiculous.

I'd trade 22 and 45 to Denver. Denver can use the pick on their defense. Then I'd take:

9. Rolando McClain, ILB
53. Brandon Graham, DE/OLB
54. Gabe Carimi, OT/OG

I'd trade 22 and 45 to Denver. Denver can use the pick on their defense. Then I'd take:

9. Rolando McClain, ILB
53. Brandon Graham, DE/OLB
54. Gabe Carimi, OT/OG He is however a very dominating run blocker !!!

Trade up -I like it. We need playmakers next year on defense. Hope BB agrees. I want us to take less players but better prospects with more potential. Again playmakers, and not just Yeah, he's ok . if you know what I mean.
From FF TOOLBOX

Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan
Brandon Graham is currently the best pass rusher in the Big Ten, and one of the top four or five pass rushers in all of college football. In 40 career games, he has accumulated 40 tackles for loss and 22 sacks. Graham's biggest question mark (as far as his draft status is concerned), is what position he'll end up playing in the NFL. At 6'2 and 263 pounds he is somewhat of a "tweener". He is slightly undersized for a 4-3 defensive end and there are questions about whether or not he will be able to effectively drop into coverage if he plays as a 3-4 outside linebacker. Regardless of what position scouts see him at, he is a consensus late first round or early second round prospect. His best fit may be as a defensive end for a team that runs a version of the cover 2 defense. He isn't the biggest end, but he plays the run extremely well for his size. He does a great job of turning ball carriers back inside and right into his linebackers. Couple that with his quick first step and wide array of pass rushing maneuvers,and he is similar in a lot of ways to Robert Mathis of the Indianapolis Colts. His draft stock should continue to rise every week as he continues to make big plays for the Wolverine defense.

Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
Gabe Carimi isn't one of the more well known offensive line prospects, but (like Bulaga and Calloway of Iowa) he comes from a program that consistently churns out a lot of very good linemen to the NFL. Carimi took over for former first round pick Joe Thomas at Wisconsin, starting at left tackle as a redshirt freshman. Carimi isn't quite the athlete Thomas was, but he is a solid pass blocker. He is however a very dominating run blocker from the left tackle spot. He has quick feet for a huge man, and uses his long arms to lock onto defenders and force them out of plays while pass blocking. He loves to get to the second level in the run game and continue blocking downfield. Carimi started all 13 games for the Badgers as a freshman, but missed three games last year with minor injuries. Carimi would fit best on a team that relies heavily on the run, as that is the strength of his game. Depending upon what team drafts him, he could be moved to right tackle (where he would be an absolute force, and it would take pressure off of him as a rookie). He does however, have all the tools to succeed at left tackle in the future. Carimi is likely a second round pick if he declares this year. He could be one of the top tackles available in 2011 if he returns, but the potential rookie pay scale and the risk of injury may convince him to declare as a junior

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back