PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 Thoughts on the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called having high draft picks.

Being allowed to tamper with, and steal a HOF player from your chief rival helps too.

I think the $100,000 fine, while obviously inadequate based on precedent, was a deliberate slap in the face by the NFL* front office.

Pats are #3 in sacks and top 10 in QB hurries per game. Not bad.

Many thanks for the follow up RW. I hadn't seen the hurries-sacks number so it is good to know what i thought I was seeing wasn't via game-beer goggles :).

If we can continue with the hurries (and sacks, hits) it will make me feel A LOT better about our man to man coverage being able to sufficiently get our D off the field. I'm not a fan of zone -- is anyone per se? -- but isn't it a must if the team can't pressure the QB sufficiently when we have CB personnel that are so young, unheralded and expected to remain engaged repeatedly for too long?

Being allowed to tamper with, and steal a HOF player from your chief rival helps too.

I think the $100,000 fine, while obviously inadequate based on precedent, was a deliberate slap in the face by the NFL* front office.

There is no doubt that it was in my mind.

Furthermore what chaps my ass is Der Fuher saying that fines don't work for players- only suspensions. Why? Because they are rich.

Woody is worth $3.5b...

Many thanks for the follow up RW. I hadn't seen the hurries-sacks number so it is good to know what i thought I was seeing wasn't via game-beer goggles :).

They seem right. The eye test does tell me that they are getting to the QB quicker this year.

Total Team Defensive Hurries: 2015 NFL Season

If we can continue with the hurries (and sacks, hits) it will make me feel A LOT better about our man to man coverage being able to sufficiently get our D off the field. I'm not a fan of zone -- is anyone per se? -- but isn't it a must if the team can't pressure the QB sufficiently when we have CB personnel that are so young, unheralded and expected to remain engaged repeatedly for too long?

I think its good to mix it up based on the style of offense you are playing and the match-ups vs the receivers that they are facing. Plus young QBs don't do well with zones sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back