PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

10 most impactful newcomers AFC East (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-ShirtDynasty

Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0607/gallery.afcnew/content.1.html

The comment next to Maroney's entry struck me as odd...
He made an instant splash in Patriots minicamp, eliciting a negative reaction from veteran running back Corey Dillon, who is justifiably worried about his job. Maroney's speed will help bring life back to New England's running game, and he's a solid receiver.
What negative reaction, did I miss it? I thought Corey was taking the wise mentor/good teammate role. Or are they talking about him whipping out his resume routine?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 10 most impactful newcomers AFC East

just random reporters guessing the worst because they dotn know Corey well enough and take a guess since he wasnt the nicest guy..hes going to be mad.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm assuming the "negative reaction" was Corey giving Felger a hard time. Which isn't a "negative reaction" to me; having a problem with Felger is called "being a human being." Anyone would have a problem with Felger.

All reports of Corey and Maroney were that Corey was very helpful to the rookie.

It has to be the resume routine, and when you hear about that from afar, it may be easy to think that the cause was Dillon feeling the heat from Maroney.

Just more motivation for Dillon, hopefully it will drive him to prove everybody wrong.

The Caldwell/Jackson battle could also bring about some veteran vs. rookie tension.

Should be interesting.

I dont know about "tension", there will be competition no doubt. As the article said, Caldwell did seem to look good at mini camp and Brady pointed him out I think and had nothing but good things to say about him. We arent at training camp yet so I cant get ahead of myself, but I think Caldwell will problably be the #2 by season start saying no injuries. Jackson could win the job, its possible, he'll certainly be a starter soon in our future, especially if we lose Branch.

And yeah, this is very likely made up crap about Corey.

Last edited:

PlattsFan said:
I'm assuming the "negative reaction" was Corey giving Felger a hard time. Which isn't a "negative reaction" to me; having a problem with Felger is called "being a human being." Anyone would have a problem with Felger.

All reports of Corey and Maroney were that Corey was very helpful to the rookie.

ditto times two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents