PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“Big Bill” and “Little Bill”

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswelker#83

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
parcells-belichick.jpg

Bill Belichick & Bill Parcells chat before a Pats-Browns game. Great sweatshirt on Belichick

"We're different, and I'm not saying one's better or worse, but the biggest thing I'd say about Bill is he never lost sight of the big picture," New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick says. "He's not a real detail guy. I'm probably a little more like that. I'm a detail guy and he's a big-picture guy and good at things only a head coach can do. Setting schedules, making decisions instead of waiting. Those things are important when you have operations people or scouts look at you for direction."

2 great articles on who Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick are :

Members of Bill Parcells' coaching tree credit Dolphins' boss -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Curran: Weaving a tangled web in AFC East - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com

Fun reads all. I could see Tuna leaving Miami this season and heading for Cleveland. Whether he would retain Mangini is intriguing...

BTW Curren has his timeline a tad off. Tannenbaum didn't get the GM job in NY until after he convinced Woody that it would be the ultimate trumping of BB and NE to get his young real genius DC as the JETS HC thus cementing their future as well as our impending doom...which sold so well in the NY tabloid media everyone came to believe it to be the dawn of a new day for the JETS. Isn't it always...a new day just like all the old days... Reportedly one of the ways he convinced Woody was by having Eric spill the all important secret beans on videotaping. It was Tannenbaum rather than Eric in the final analysis who determined that piece of information would be used to ruin BB and tarnish NE's record if the opportunity arose. But without the little Rat Tannenbaum had nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST