Originally Posted by bruinator
Cables used by the dish tech were left over from my cable tv which was installed in the early to mid 80s. I had a try near the dish up until 2 weeks ago when the town cut it down so that shouldn't be an issue,
I had a problem with one of the 3 TVs. Had my wife calling directv and they sent a new receiver, it changed nothing, they were scheduling someone to come out. They had already come out 2-3 times, did something with the cabling, it worked for a few days then stopped.
I took it into my own hands.
Went down into the basement. You have what looks like a splitter (it could also be attached to the side of the house) The cables come from the dish to the 'splitter' then out to the TVs.
All I did was switch the 2 non-Tivo cable from the 'in' side of the splitter. Bam the one that didnt work, now worked and the one that did work didn't.
Wnet back down and reconnected them carefully so it was a good connection, and it has been fine since.
Not sure if that will help because you are having problems on all of them.
The thing that puzzles me is that all 3 arent doing the same thing.