PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots > Patriots Blog

PHOTOS: Jason McCourty Reflects On Playing With His Brother

Robert Alvarez on Twitter
3 years ago at 10:30 am ET
Posted Under: Patriots Photos

PHOTOS: Jason McCourty Reflects On Playing With His BrotherGreg M. Cooper - USA TODAY Sports

For the past two seasons, cornerback Jason McCourty has lived out part of his NFL dream playing alongside his twin brother Devin.

In 2018, the brothers made NFL history becoming the first set of twins to win a Super Bowl together.

Jason made a pivotal end zone pass break up to Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Brandin Cooks, preventing a late touchdown.

On Instagram this week, Jason reflected back on their two years playing together as Devin enters free agency.

Devin, expects to play in 2020, but whether or not he returns to Foxboro remains to be seen.

“I definitely see me playing football next year,” McCourty said after the Wild Card loss to the Titans.

“I’ve had a lot of fun this year with this group of guys. Each year, we get young guys in here, get to stay in the locker room, mold (these) guys, tell them stories of my past 10 years and how much fun I’ve had,” McCourty said.

“So, I can’t see it happening, me not playing football next year. So, I think over time, I’ll take some time away from football and I think the rest will kind of work itself out. We’ll see how that goes, but I definitely plan to be playing.”

Quarterback Tom Brady later voiced his appreciation for the twins with a comment on Jason’s posting.

“The best!!!! Thank you both for being who you are EVERY day!!!”, Brady wrote.

Posted Under: Patriots Photos
Tags: Devin McCourty Jason McCourty Tom Brady

• Subscribe For Patriots Content Delivered by 6:30am Each Day

• Comments are closed.

• More News Headlines:

Bowl Game Reports and Morse’s Morsels

Bowl Game Reports and Morse’s Morsels

By: Mark Morse
    Both games are in the books and we have learned about several players we have not seen play.  The practices leading up to the games…
    12 mins ago
    Patriots News 02-05, Kraft Wants Brady To Retire a Patriot, And Thoughts On His Retirement

"the greatest player to play the game, it means a lot. And I think it means a lot to me, too, because this is where…
    Robert Kraft, Bill Belichick Release Statements Regarding Tom Brady’s Retirement

By: Robert Alvarez
    Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick Release joint statements about Tom Brady after his decision to retire from the NFL for a second time.
    VIDEO: Patriots Coaches Mic’d Up At Final Shrine Bowl Practice

VIDEO: Patriots Coaches Mic’d Up At Final Shrine Bowl Practice

By: Robert Alvarez
    Patriots coaches Mike Pellegrino and Ross Douglas are mic'd up during the final Shrine Bowl practice featuring top college draft prospects.
    Former Patriots Running Backs Coach Cleve Bryant Passes Away

Former Patriots Running Backs Coach Cleve Bryant Passes Away

By: Robert Alvarez
    Former Patriots Running Backs Coach, longtime college coach Cleve Bryant Passes Away at age 75.

• Search For Links: - CLOSE