PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

week 4 . CAR@NE .. PRACTICE news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know BB might think otherwise but I would give Hightower one more week just because of the short turnaround. Anybody who gets seriously nicked up will definitely miss Thursday. Would like a healthy Hightower for a tough Road game...after next Thursdays game we would have a few extra days to rest.

Last edited:
I know BB might think otherwise but would give Hightower one more week just because of the short turnaround. Anybody who gets seriously nicked up will definitely miss Thursday. Would like a healthy Hightower for a tough Road game...after next Thursdays game we would have a few extra days to rest.

I think I'm with you, but man, Hightower would help against Newton. Weapons or no weapons, we need linebackers to slow down his legs.

I know BB might think otherwise but would give Hightower one more week just because of the short turnaround. Anybody who gets seriously nicked up will definitely miss Thursday. Would like a healthy Hightower for a tough Road game...after next Thursdays game we would have a few extra days to rest.
They may use him in limited capacity on critical downs. They wouldn't let him play unless they are sure he's ready.

I think I'm with you, but man, Hightower would help against Newton. Weapons or no weapons, we need linebackers to slow down his legs.

Newton is a shadow of himself. He's playing hurt and looks indecisive and shell shook. And he doesn't really have any dangerous targets other than McCaffrey. I'm not too concerned about him. We need to keep Donta under wraps....

Newton is a shadow of himself. He's playing hurt and looks indecisive and shell shook. And he doesn't really have any dangerous targets other than McCaffrey. I'm not too concerned about him. We need to keep Donta under wraps....

I've seen lines like this too many times. Good players always have good games in them, especially if you underestimate them.

I've seen lines like this too many times. Good players always have good games in them, especially if you underestimate them.
Cam Newton isn't the type to come back and have a terrific game when they write him down. He may still have a decent game but he isn't Brady like in bouncing back from a bad outing.

Cam Newton isn't the type to come back and have a terrific game when they write him down. He may still have a decent game but he isn't Brady like in bouncing back from a bad outing.

Believe that if you want, and you may end up right, but if Hightower is ready to go and they hold him out because they're not concerned about Cam Newton, I find that to be a tad irresponsible. Not to mention Belichick very very rarely operates that way.

Believe that if you want, and you may end up right, but if Hightower is ready to go and they hold him out because they're not concerned about Cam Newton, I find that to be a tad irresponsible. Not to mention Belichick very very rarely operates that way.

Possible exception being that there's another game in a short 4 day window on Thursday.
I see High as active but not "starting" and used sparingly.

Good news continues. Unless you love Burkhead.

Really sucks he kinda reminds me of Malcolm Mitchell. Because of injuries they will never reach their full potential. :(

Mitchell may or may not be back this year. I would think that he will be given a chance agains in 2018. He is a very inexpensive #5 WR, even for a player who play part of a season.

Mitchell may or may not be back this year. I would think that he will be given a chance agains in 2018. He is a very inexpensive #5 WR, even for a player who play part of a season.

Don't know where you got the may not from I heard M. Mitchell will be back. That said by then Phillip Dorsett would have plenty of time to learn our Playbook and get more comfortably with Brady.

Unfortunately EVERY QB we’ve faced so far has thrown for 300+ yards, whether he’s down or not, our D can make a pedestrian QB looks great. I don’t see him struggling against the # 32 rated defense.

good to hear about Cody and Travis..

I am worried about butler being named a practice player of the week. Usually they name guys who are bottom of the roster players to that honor and i thought Butler was beyond that at this point.

I hope Cannon can play. I hope High only plays if the knee is a right as it can be. Sit him otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents