PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Today's Spin Of The Time Machine for Italian Pat Patriot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoCal Patriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The wheel spins and comes to a stop on October 22,1978.This arguably was the best game ever played at Schaefer Stadium in the 1970's.The game was played at 4:00 PM on Sunday Afternoon.In those days ,that was completely unusual but the Foxboro Faithful loved it since it gave them 3 additional hours to tailgate.It was one of those glorious New England Fall Afternoons, warm yet not hot with a nice breeze.The opponent that day was the Two Time Super Bowl Champion and arch rival of The Patriots,none other than The Miami Dolphins.The house wss packed and everyone expected a nailbiter of a game and this one delivered.Steve Grogan and the Patriots Offense matched Bob Greise and the Miami Dolphins point for point in an up and down the field game all day.We saw "Big Play" after "Big Play" and the game finally turned in The Patriots favor when Horace Ivory took a pich from Steve Grogan and went around Right End, kicked it into a gear that We had not seen until that moment and outran the entire Miami "Killer Bees" Defense and scored an unbeleivable Touchdown ! The Stadium erupted as Don Shula put his Head in his hands.We all enjoyed watching Don Shula suffer. It was one of those plays that when You see it You never forget it. Simply a magical day at Foxboro.The Final Score was Patriots 33 and The Dolphins 24.

Last edited:
The wheel spins and comes to a stop on October 22,1978.This arguably was the best game ever played at Schaefer Stadium in the 1970's.The game was played at 4:00 PM on Sunday Afternoon.In those days ,that was completely unusual but the Foxboro Faithful loved it since it gave them 3 additional hours to tailgate.It was one of those glorious New England Fall Afternoons, warm yet not hot with a nice breeze.The opponent that day was the Two Time Super Bowl Champion and arch rival of The Patriots,none other than The Miami Dolphins.The house wss packed and everyone expected a nailbiter of a game and this one delivered.Steve Grogan and the Patriots Offense matched Bob Greise and the Miami Dolphins point for point in an up and down the field game all day.We saw "Big Play" after "Big Play" and the game finally turned in The Patriots favor when Horace Ivory took a pich from Steve Grogan and went around Right End, kicked it into a gear that We had not seen until that moment and outran the entire Miami "Killer Bees" Defense and scored an unbeleivable Touchdown ! The Stadium erupted as Don Shula put his Head in his hands.We all enjoyed watching Don Shula suffer. It was one of those plays that when You see it You never forget it. Simply a magical day at Foxboro.The Final Score was Patriots 33 and The Dolphins 24.

you should make a book and i will buy it without any doubt

I'm more of a "Short Stories" Guy !:D

If I recall correctly, the icing on the cake was a safety for the final score which secured the victory. I couldn't see the game because I had to help move the family into a new house (I was in college), but I did listen to it on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3