PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That was an AMAZING halftime show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukin

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Wow... That was the best half time show I personally have ever seen (even on replays.) Prince ++

With Prince holding that microphone, a sudden jolt could have turned him into Don King. :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, the U2 halftime show for SB 36 was the best ever.

[QUOTE

Seriously, the U2 halftime show for SB 36 was the best ever.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but Prince was much better than I expected.

Prince was rocking. That was some seriously greasy chunka-chunka rhythm guitar he was playing on his first song. Terrific.

Loved Prince doing Hendrix's version of Bob Dylan. How can you ask for more than that during a halftime show!

The SB 39 half time with Paul is the best I was there in person 10 times better

Prince was rocking. That was some seriously greasy chunka-chunka rhythm guitar he was playing on his first song. Terrific.

Loved Prince doing Hendrix's version of Bob Dylan. How can you ask for more than that during a halftime show!

Yes definitly - great tribute to the best ever. I am astonished - the band looked good, the marching band looked good, the backup singers looked good - hey, even prince looked good. It's almost as if he has a whole new sound - I like it.

I think this show was the best.

I didn't like Purple Rain, but Dylan Hendrix and Foot Fighters were great covers.

Prince is not only a good singer, great showman, but also a soulful musician. Excellent on the guitar, great mix in that big stadium, good tone.

I was very surprised by his performance.

People keep talking about how he as taken out of mothballs for this. Well, he's still better than 99% of the performers who are "hot" today.

The SB 39 half time with Paul is the best I was there in person 10 times better
That's because he is one of the 2 or 3 best songwriters of the pop genre :)

Wow... That was the best half time show I personally have ever seen (even on replays.) Prince ++

either you're being facetious or you're tone-deaf.
ya gotta stop listening to Eddie Murphy's CD.

Prince doing "All along the Watchtower"?

Hendrix,upon hearing that,would have killed himself,all over again.

Hendrix would have loved it. First off, it's a Bob Dylan song, but secondly, Prince's tone and playing on that was first rate. He's a really good musician, as he proved tonight. I was basically blown away by the guitar playing.

either you're being facetious or you're tone-deaf.
ya gotta stop listening to Eddie Murphy's CD.

Prince doing "All along the Watchtower"?

Hendrix,upon hearing that,would have killed himself,all over again.

What? You must of been drunk. That was spectacular. His singing was amazing, and his guitar playing was flawless. It was raunchy and grungy yet sleek and innovative such as the great hendrix.

What? You must of been drunk. That was spectacular. His singing was amazing, and his guitar playing was flawless. It was raunchy and grungy yet sleek and innovative such as the great hendrix.

sleek and innovative?

Ok...I know what's going on here....(not that there's anything wrong with that).

Hendrix would have loved it. First off, it's a Bob Dylan song, but secondly, Prince's tone and playing on that was first rate. He's a really good musician, as he proved tonight. I was basically blown away by the guitar playing.

Just like you don't get out of the DR by walking, you don't get out of Minnesota if you can't play guitar. Prince has always been a good guitarist. He was the son of musicians, I think, and always technically sound. I don't think he made it big by being "prince," I think he was discovered because he was a good musician and showman, and at the time the Minnesota music scene had a lot going for it. The schtick came later.

I'll dispute you on who owns Watchtower. Sure, Dylan wrote the lyrics, but Hendrix made it his. So much so that Dylan credits Hendrix's version as the definitive version and much more often than not actually performed Hendrix's version.

sleek and innovative?

Ok...I know what's going on here....(not that there's anything wrong with that).

Yes, sleek and innovative. His playing was classy, jazzy and sleek - and his innovation with his solo's and his song's and cover song's was awsome.

Haha - seeing as we are both italians, it's okay.

I missed Prince, too bad for me I guess.

One of the music board I hang out at is in agreement with flea. Including one very well known producer who agreed with someone else's description of "incredible" for the performance. That was Neil Kernon who's worked with The Beatles, Queen, Elton John, Queensryche and many metal bands more recently.

I missed Prince, too bad for me I guess.

One of the music board I hang out at is in agreement with flea. Including one very well known producer who agreed with someone else's description of "incredible" for the performance. That was Neil Kernon who's worked with The Beatles, Queen, Elton John, Queensryche and many metal bands more recently.

It's okay, check youtube in a few days.

Just like you don't get out of the DR by walking, you don't get out of Minnesota if you can't play guitar. Prince has always been a good guitarist. He was the son of musicians, I think, and always technically sound. I don't think he made it big by being "prince," I think he was discovered because he was a good musician and showman, and at the time the Minnesota music scene had a lot going for it. The schtick came later.

I'll dispute you on who owns Watchtower. Sure, Dylan wrote the lyrics, but Hendrix made it his. So much so that Dylan credits Hendrix's version as the definitive version and much more often than not actually performed Hendrix's version.

Husker Du, Violent Femmes, the Replacements, and Prince.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back