PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shula said Pats would need an * [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LloydBraun

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3097057

Shula says that if the Pats go undefeated that they deserve an * by their accomplishment because it is tainted.

Is this guy serious? This coming from a guy that was NEVER smart enough to get Marino a running game and a defense.

This is absurd.

Re: Shula said Pats would need an *

He's scared.

Even Michael Kay, a real NY shill, was blasting Shula for this. Even with the BS about past seasons, nobody's daring to say anything about THIS year, with the tapes confiscated by halftime of the Jets game.

Shula is an old, bitter, senile man who's clinging to the last glimmer of glory he has left. I'm assuming applesauce was dribbling down his chin during this interview.

Shula says that if the Pats go undefeated that they deserve an * by their accomplishment because it is tainted.

Is this guy serious? This coming from a guy that was NEVER smart enough to get Marino a running game and a defense.

This is absurd.

Don Shula is an overrated and demented has-been that was lucky to have been coaching at a time when there was no parity in the league....It is SO MUCH more difficult to win even 9 games in a row today, never mind 16 back then. He is just pooping in his diaper right now because the Pats are the first team since 85 to really threaten his "record"....He is so bitterly jealous of what the Patriots have been able to accomplish and continue to accomplish!!! Shame on you Don!!!! Now go back into your room in the nursing home and stay there!!!!!!!!!!!

This is absurd.

Shula is a senile old man, who hasn't even taken the time to research what exactly the Patriots were found guilty of, "That tells you the seriousness or significance of what they found," Shula said, according to the Daily News. Jim Mandich at least has a level head on his shoulders still, ("The Patriots have assembled a powerhouse of a team. They are a classy bunch of guys and play ball the right way. If they want to join the unbeaten club, come on aboard.")

I think the Pats' season would need an asterisk, too.

Footnote would read...
Actually played GOOD teams during the season.:rolleyes:

Vrabel's response per Reiss:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/11/vrabel_on_shula.html
"I think that we try to go out there and play hard every week. And I don't think that guys are going to draw on an old retired coach and old washed up players to pump us up. We play hard. We try to go out there and play hard. That's our job every week is to go out there and play hard. To play for our team, my teammates, my coaches, the respect factor, that's what I try to go out and play for, and I think everybody else on our team does the same thing."

"Old retired coach and old washed up players"
--
Way to go Mike

It's insane how people say no matter what the Pats season needs an asterisk, and then also complain that the Pats are destroying every team and supposedly running up the score.

I hope the Pats destroy the Dolphins 60-0 the next time they meet, and the Pats players can rub it in their faces and ask them then about having an asterisk.

I don't give a fiddler's flip whether the Patriots do or don't go undefeated this year, but I will take EVERY opportunity until the day I breathe my last breath to say that it would be a good thing if Don Shula - that fat, old, disingenuous, Nutrisystem-facestuffing, leather-skinned, cleft-paletted, pointy-nosed, layabout from yesterday's news - would spontaneously combust at the grand opening of his next lousy fahking steakhouse.

we must be related...you posted every single thought I had on the "Don"

My feeling on this subject is probably going to be a little surprising to most of you.

I think a lot of these guys from that undefeated team who are still around Miami and have had openly expressed feelings about current Fins teams and other teams that challenge the unbeaten ranks.

Too many times I see these former Dolphins crapping on the current Dolphins teams calling them "embarrassing" or a "disgrace" which is crap in my mind.

I think that if the current Fins were to go undefeated these guys wouldn't be excited, but rather angerd that there incredible record had been matched and ultimately surpassed due to the 16 game schedule.

While I think the Patriots dynasty has become tainted, I disagree with Shula on this one.

Last edited:

Footnote would read...

Come on now, a team that was just GOOD wouldn't go undefeated. Please don't discredit what that '72 team did on the field. Feel free to talk shots at all these old men for opening their yaps in 2007, but don't know what they did in '72.

Vrabel's response per Reiss:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/11/vrabel_on_shula.html
"I think that we try to go out there and play hard every week. And I don't think that guys are going to draw on an old retired coach and old washed up players to pump us up. We play hard. We try to go out there and play hard. That's our job every week is to go out there and play hard. To play for our team, my teammates, my coaches, the respect factor, that's what I try to go out and play for, and I think everybody else on our team does the same thing."

"Old retired coach and old washed up players"
--
Way to go Mike
Well, I think a lot of *current* Dolfins are hoping Mike is being candid. I don't think he is. When I heard this, I thought this is one more team that is going to get THUMPED. Bettis, Lewis, Shula...looks like TB is going to shatter some records.

Footnote would read...

Don, you can kiss my *

This is absurd.
Shula certainly didn't go out on top in Miami because I believe the Alzheimers was kicking in even then.:rolleyes: It's actually quite pathetic really!

Shula certainly didn't go out on top in Miami because I believe the Alzheimers was kicking in even then.:rolleyes: It's actually quite pathetic really!

I think that it's great marketing to include homosexual jet fans(and there is nothing wrong with that except being a jet fan). That is a big group to not ignore.

Hey Don Shula,

You can take that * and shove it up your ***!

While I think the Patriots dynasty has become tainted.
Patriots fans don't give a damn what you think of the Patriots dynasty, especially since you can't prove that the Patriots benefitted from taping the opponents sidelines.

I think there is something that people are missing here.

Why is this statement being made after 9 games have been played?? If he said it right away, maybe I might listen. Well, not really.

But to say this after 9 games and his record may be broken sounds like sour grapes to me.

What a sorry world we live in. Shula, STFU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents