PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seau's House Burned Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bush was there today

He took look around and gave a little pep talk

he said Im with you and then he took a walk....

:mad:

No need to worry, FEMA has the situation under control. :rocker: :rocker:

The people of California didn't sit on their front lawns with their thumbs up their ***es waiting for the federal government to arrive. They evacuated BEFORE the disaster happened, and from everything I've heard so far, they did it in an orderly fashion with no looting, shootings or deaths. Nice job by the state of California and the people of southern California.

The people of California didn't sit on their front lawns with their thumbs up their ***es waiting for the federal government to arrive. They evacuated BEFORE the disaster happened, and from everything I've heard so far, they did it in an orderly fashion with no looting, shootings or deaths. Nice job by the state of California and the people of southern California.

I hate you.

Every local I talked to out there was saying how dry it had been. Even more so than usual in a coastal arid zone.

The average temperature of the western US has risen by 1 degree in the past 10 years. This has lengthened the wild fire season by 78 days (amazing). The ground brush that was moist a decade ago and served as a fire break is now dry and serves as a fire fuel.

There will be a lot more of this over the next couple of decades. Millions of acres will be lost that were not at high risk until this latest turn of the century.

I'm living in Orange County (just moved out from Boston this year), so I haven't been hit by the SD fires as much as the ones up by Irvine. Foothill Ranch fire, for example, was pretty clearly visible from where I live. It's hard to say how the fires started, just because there's so many of them. At least one was started by the local fire departments in an attempt to burn out brush and stop an oncoming fire, but they lost control of the fire they'd set due to the strength of the Santa Ana wind, and it became a wildfire in its own right. Arson is suspected as being the cause of at least one fire, and a downed power line for at least one more. For many of the fires, though, no cause is known.

By the time this is all said and done, Seau will be far from the only recognized name to lose a home. The fires hit hardest in northern San Diego county, which is where all the richest people around SD tend to live. Communities like Poway, Rancho Santa Fe, and Encinitas are all varying degrees of wealthy (I believe that Rancho Santa Fe was one of the 2 or 3 most expensive ZIP codes in the USA pretty recently), and all got hit really hard by the fires.

Anyways, as much as I hate the Chargers, and San Diegans in general (people said that I would grow accustomed to them; in reality, I'm growing to like them even less as I have to live among them), this is a really tough time for them, obviously, and I wish them all the best. Even Tomlinson, despite the fact that I can already see him getting a cover story about how classily he handled this too, since he is the sole arbiter on who has class and who does not.

Shut the **** up. As someone who lives in the area and has seen the devastation firsthand, I will tell you this: you're full of ****. Do you have any idea why the firefighters were so outmatched at the beginning? Because almost all of their manpower was being used to get stubborn people who were resisting evacuations out of their houses. That was pretty widely reported; if you had any idea what you were talking about you couldn't have missed it.

Second of all, nobody has any idea if there were any lootings. The media and the government are both in disarray right now. Third, everyone in San Diego has a car, so it's pretty ******* easy to evacuate. It's just how the cities out west are built. It's a big grid, and the city has a relatively high cost of living index. People in SD have cars, and that wasn't necessarily the case in New Orleans.

Finally, the last point, and the one that really blows your ******ed analogy out of the water: the city of San Diego, by and large, was not evacuated. The northernmost suburbs were all that was hit, and they happened to be the richest areas in the county. The majority of San Diego was 100% untouched.

Seriously, get a goddamn clue rather than pretending to know what you're talking about.

The average temperature of the western US has risen by 1 degree in the past 10 years. This has lengthened the wild fire season by 78 days (amazing). The ground brush that was moist a decade ago and served as a fire break is now dry and serves as a fire fuel.

There will be a lot more of this over the next couple of decades. Millions of acres will be lost that were not at high risk until this latest turn of the century.

It really is amazing: I moved out here in early June, and between then and now, I have seen exactly one day of rain. And even that was showers. May have been global warming, maybe not; either way, this was just a ****ty set of circumstances all around. Between the dryness and the fact that the Santa Ana wind just kind of randomly kicked up for a full week (it normally only lasts a day or two), it was pretty much a perfect storm for massive brush fires.

Last edited:

Yeah, let's not forget that San Diego and New Orleans are economically similar, as well. All those lazy-ass Nawlins people could have just hopped into their luxury sedans and rolled the hell out of there.

Awesome analogy.

You guys can spew all the venom you want. The fact is, the people of New Orleans were told to leave in the days before the storm and most chose not to leave. The catastrophe would have been a lot less severe if the people had listened to the public safety warnings and fled.

Once you are in the middle of a disaster, it's pretty dificult to find safe ground. If the people of southern California waited until the fire surrounded their house before they sought help, they too would suffer a disasterous fate.

Do you have any idea why the firefighters were so outmatched at the beginning? Because almost all of their manpower was being used to get stubborn people who were resisting evacuations out of their houses. That was pretty widely reported; if you had any idea what you were talking about you couldn't have missed it.

Yeah, it's called the Santa Ana winds. The winds were blowing from east to west between 30Mph and 60Mph. Firefighters will tell you that it's nearly impossible to contain a fire when the winds are that strong because the fire moves too quickly and that prevents the firefighters from getting out in front of it. But don't listen to me. Willard Epps, a battalion chief with the city of Tulare Fire Department told the Fresno Bee that, "We could have had 10,000 people and it wouldn't have been enough people to fight these fires."

And then there is Fresno fire Capt. Greg Skaggs who arrived in Malibu on Monday to find a wall of flames over "three stories tall" approaching his men. But you're right BradyFTW!, a few more firefighters with shovels and hoses and the fire would have been out in no time.

Second of all, nobody has any idea if there were any lootings. The media and the government are both in disarray right now.

There are more members of the media in southern California right now than anywhere else in America. If there was widespread looting, Fox News, CNN and MSNBC would be all over it. But there have been a few minor incidents so far, and right in your backyard BradyFTW!...

"San Diego County officials have reported scattered instances of looting in fire zones and illegal immigrants posing as evacuees to wrangle free food and supplies at Qualcomm Stadium. Drunken drivers and curfew violators also have been arrested in evacuation areas of the fire-scarred San Bernardino Mountains."

Sounds like the state and local government have everything under control to me. But then again, I haven't got a "goddamn clue" what I am talking about.

Third, everyone in San Diego has a car, so it's pretty ******* easy to evacuate. It's just how the cities out west are built. It's a big grid, and the city has a relatively high cost of living index. People in SD have cars, and that wasn't necessarily the case in New Orleans.

The people of New Orleans have cars too, and the ones who didn't could have hitched a ride on the many buses that were evacuating people prior to the arrival of the hurricane. Don't be such an elitist. Nearly 75% of the poor in this country own a car. And when you factor in all the people who don't own a car but know somebody who owns a car, it's damn near 100%.

It really is amazing: I moved out here in early June, and between then and now, I have seen exactly one day of rain. And even that was showers.

You live in a desert. Deserts by definition do not receive regular rainfall. That explains the lack of rain and all the sand. If you want to learn more about deserts, I suggest you visit your local library or take a walk through your neighboorhood. To see a cool satelllite photo of your lovely, fire ravaged desert, visit NASA - http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/?2007295-1022/California.A2007295.2100.500m.jpg.

Man that sucks!!! THis year not even a month after recently married and moved in my nice home some stupid furniture shop caught fire 50 feet next to us..........I call myself a man but it worried me like a little kid who lost his parents :( No doubt I know how he feels but hope all goes well for him and at least take it out on the Redskins :p

Man that sucks!!! THis year not even a month after recently married and moved in my nice home some stupid furniture shop caught fire 50 feet next to us..........I call myself a man but it worried me like a little kid who lost his parents :( No doubt I know how he feels but hope all goes well for him and at least take it out on the Redskins :p

Did you lose your house in the fire?

You guys can spew all the venom you want. The fact is, the people of New Orleans were told to leave in the days before the storm and most chose not to leave. The catastrophe would have been a lot less severe if the people had listened to the public safety warnings and fled.

Once you are in the middle of a disaster, it's pretty dificult to find safe ground. If the people of southern California waited until the fire surrounded their house before they sought help, they too would suffer a disasterous fate.

Yeah, it's called the Santa Ana winds. The winds were blowing from east to west between 30Mph and 60Mph. Firefighters will tell you that it's nearly impossible to contain a fire when the winds are that strong because the fire moves too quickly and that prevents the firefighters from getting out in front of it. But don't listen to me. Willard Epps, a battalion chief with the city of Tulare Fire Department told the Fresno Bee that, "We could have had 10,000 people and it wouldn't have been enough people to fight these fires."

And then there is Fresno fire Capt. Greg Skaggs who arrived in Malibu on Monday to find a wall of flames over "three stories tall" approaching his men. But you're right BradyFTW!, a few more firefighters with shovels and hoses and the fire would have been out in no time.

There are more members of the media in southern California right now than anywhere else in America. If there was widespread looting, Fox News, CNN and MSNBC would be all over it. But there have been a few minor incidents so far, and right in your backyard BradyFTW!...

"San Diego County officials have reported scattered instances of looting in fire zones and illegal immigrants posing as evacuees to wrangle free food and supplies at Qualcomm Stadium. Drunken drivers and curfew violators also have been arrested in evacuation areas of the fire-scarred San Bernardino Mountains."

Sounds like the state and local government have everything under control to me. But then again, I haven't got a "goddamn clue" what I am talking about.

The people of New Orleans have cars too, and the ones who didn't could have hitched a ride on the many buses that were evacuating people prior to the arrival of the hurricane. Don't be such an elitist. Nearly 75% of the poor in this country own a car. And when you factor in all the people who don't own a car but know somebody who owns a car, it's damn near 100%.

You live in a desert. Deserts by definition do not receive regular rainfall. That explains the lack of rain and all the sand. If you want to learn more about deserts, I suggest you visit your local library or take a walk through your neighboorhood. To see a cool satelllite photo of your lovely, fire ravaged desert, visit NASA - http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/?2007295-1022/California.A2007295.2100.500m.jpg.

Spew venom? You took this disaster as an opportunity to kick another group of impoverished people when they are down. I could explain to you all of the reasons why your stupid, arrogant and judgemental post is worthless drivel but you're not even worth it. Die.

To Junior from the Bloodhound Gang

The roof the roof the roof is on fire
We don't need no water let the ************ burn
Burn ************ burn

Fire can be a wicked thing...

I had a fire in the middle of summer on my combine in a wheat field.

It caught on fire twice that day.

I had a spreader bearing freeze up on me.

We fought the fire asap.

When you're trying to contain it asap, you WILL breathe in the burning smoke. I hacked up poison for days afterwards.

It makes your lungs feel as if you've smoked 1000 packs of cigs all at the same time.

Bad stuff...

There are places in the US right now, that are in similar situations.

The wind is blowing like a MF'er, and if anything ignites it... INSTANT HUGE PROBLEM...

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Fire can be a wicked thing...

I had a fire in the middle of summer on my combine in a wheat field.

It caught on fire twice that day.

I had a spreader bearing freeze up on me.

We fought the fire asap.

When you're trying to contain it asap, you WILL breathe in the burning smoke. I hacked up poison for days afterwards.

It makes your lungs feel as if you've smoked 1000 packs of cigs all at the same time.

Bad stuff...

There are places in the US right now, that are in similar situations.

The wind is blowing like a MF'er, and if anything ignites it... INSTANT HUGE PROBLEM...

I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

That was like a poem:rocker:

Well . . . it's true. My parents were told to evacuate on Sunday night so they went to my sister's place . . . she was told to evacuate Monday night so they spent the night in the car at QualCom Stadium. Just pay attention, do what you're told . . . and a miracle will happen :)

:rocker:

Well . . . it's true. My parents were told to evacuate on Sunday night so they went to my sister's place . . . she was told to evacuate Monday night so they spent the night in the car at QualCom Stadium. Just pay attention, do what you're told . . . and a miracle will happen :)

:rocker:

First of all, even if everything he said was correct, why bring this up now? The people in NO have had their lives destroyed and loved ones lost but now everytime we have a natural disaster we have to have a "see told ya so" comment thrown back at them?

Secondly, all of that is complete BS. A ton of people in a massive urban are neither have cars nor a place to go, and weren't just sitting there going "well we're probably going to drown, but I'm just too lazy to move" how stupid is that idea?

Do you know how many false Hurricane warnings there were in the year before Katrina?

Even people who tried to leave were screwed by the fact that traffic was backed up for days. No buses, no national emergency or state emergency. Whether it was the fault of the local, state or heckuva job Brownie government, it's not ok to blame the victim, especially months after it happens when they are struggling to get their lives back together.

If you people think that race, education and class have not played a major role in the SoCal evacuation's success (who knows what the media have portrayed) v. the NO disaster you are willfully delusional. Look at the difference between the Superdome and Qualcomm stadium (both of which are/were being used as refugee housing (for all of those "lazy idiots" out on San Diego).

Let's express our sympathies for what the people of Southern California are going through without sh.itting on the the people of New Orleans have and are still going through.

Do you know how many false Hurricane warnings there were in the year before Katrina?
No I don't. But I knew that New Orleans was below sea level and was at risk for this. And I knew that there was a massive storm moving in. And I don't even pay attention to that area of the country much. The Feds offered help and the mayor and governor turned them down. Ask Nagin why the buses just say there. New Orleans had/has an idiot for a mayor. 70% (from the website I found) of New Orleans residents own a car - and many could have taken non drivers in their empty seats. Idiots.

No I don't. But I knew that New Orleans was below sea level and was at risk for this. And I knew that there was a massive storm moving in. And I don't even pay attention to that area of the country much. The Feds offered help and the mayor and governor turned them down. Ask Nagin why the buses just say there. New Orleans had/has an idiot for a mayor. 70% (from the website I found) of New Orleans residents own a car - and many could have taken non drivers in their empty seats. Idiots.

When did i say it wasn't Nagin's fault? Notice how I said "whether it was the fault of the local or state governments?"

And my point is that I find it disgusting that some people are choosing this disaster as an opportunity to bash the "idiots" of New Orleans as you have so eloquently put it who not only have nothing to do with this but are still suffering repercussions of a disaster that puts these fires to shame. 30% is a lot of people. Especially if you have nowhere else to go. And to imply that it's their fault for choosing to live in a city that is below sea level is not only arrogant in your assumption that they were educated to that fact, the corruption that caused the levies to be destryoed and the risk that storms posed to their homes but it's morally reprehensible and judgemental.

Last edited:
And to imply that it's their fault for choosing to live in a city that is below sea level . . .
That's not what I was saying. My point in referencing sea level isn't judging them for where they live but suggesting that if I lived in a place below sea level I would leave quickly as needed. If I am at high risk for something, when it looks like that risk may happen I'm going to do what I can to alleviate it. Not hope for the best. They must have known they were below sea level. They must have known the levees were at risk (I did) . . . so when a monster storm was coming, well, duh . . .

That's not what I was saying. My point in referencing sea level isn't judging them for where they live but suggesting that if I lived in a place below sea level I would leave quickly as needed. If I am at high risk for something, when it looks like that risk may happen I'm going to do what I can to alleviate it. Not hope for the best. They must have known they were below sea level. They must have known the levees were at risk (I did) . . . so when a monster storm was coming, well, duh . . .

We can argue at what they did or didn't know until we're blue in the face, but the bottom line is I don't think it's right to use this disaster as an opportunity to criticize them now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore