PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seattle's 1st round pick....looking better

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloridaPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Looking over Seattle's remaining schedule: Can't help but feeling optomistic about the 1st round pick we get is looking like a mid-1st rounder....The games against Oakland, Green Bay and San Francisco are all prime time games. Even bad teams somehow play better and upset good teams.

Either way, I think this is a hornets nest schedule that with Seattle's injuries....will put us in good position come draft day.

Home:
Oakland
St Louis
Green Bay
San Francisco
San Diego

Away:
Kansas City
San Francisco
Denver
St Louis
Tampa Bay

Probably low 20's, best case scenario high teens.

FloridaPatsFan said:
Looking over Seattle's remaining schedule: Can't help but feeling optomistic about the 1st round pick we get is looking like a mid-1st rounder....The games against Oakland, Green Bay and San Francisco are all prime time games. Even bad teams somehow play better and upset good teams.

Either way, I think this is a hornets nest schedule that with Seattle's injuries....will put us in good position come draft day.

Home:
Oakland
St Louis
Green Bay
San Francisco
San Diego

Away:
Kansas City
San Francisco
Denver
Arizona
Tampa Bay

We've kind of talked about this before . . . but, whatever, I'll do it again. Seriously the Raider game is the only game I can't see them losing - and probably the home game vs. SF.

The other games, while many are very winnable, are all against totally competent teams. TB, GB, etc. Arizona is tough to say - despite last week once they have Fitzgerald back they seem like they should be competitive.

Bottom line, they have just been OK. 21st in yards/gm offensively, 16th/17th in PPG. On defense they're 15th in yards and 25th in points.

And that's with Hasselbeck.

BTW, I corrected it by putting @ Arizona in to replace @ St. Louis.

San Francisco isn't a bad team they are a young team that has been competitive in every game except two, KC and San Diego. They beat StL so I think they are capable of beating seattle if they don't have Hassleback.

I don't see how Seatle ends up any worse than 10-6, 11-5 is probably their final record.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Bottom line, they have just been OK. 21st in yards/gm offensively, 16th/17th in PPG. On defense they're 15th in yards and 25th in points.
Using Football Outsiders' up to date rankings, the Seahawks rank (Overall, Offense, Defense) : 20, 23, 16

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/2006/10/24/ramblings/dvoa-rankings/4443/

I really think a lot of people are underestimating the loss of their QB. OK, he's not Brady. But he's REALLY good - imagine us without Brady, a lot more games would seem loseable all of a sudden.

SoCal Bong said:

I would have a huge smile on my face if that pick is between 15 and 20. :D

mgcolby said:
I would have a huge smile on my face if that pick is between 15 and 20. :D
When we made the trade I figured it would be between 28-32, especially when looking at their schedule and even more so after they manhandled the Giants. Now I think 15-20 is very possible with 21-25 probable.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
When we made the trade I figured it would be between 28-32, especially when looking at their schedule and even more so after they manhandled the Giants. Now I think 15-20 is very possible with 21-25 probable.

I agree. I figured they would get to the NFCC game, at a minimum I thought they would be in the divisional round. The way they have played and who knows how Hassleback and Alexander will play coming off of injuries they could be done on WC weekend. The Rams can take that division, they would need a little help (possibly) because they have 2 losses in the division and one of them is to the Seahawks.

Anywhere from 16 to 32 is possible, but it's likely to be in the late teens or mid twenties.

mgcolby said:
San Francisco isn't a bad team they are a young team that has been competitive in every game except two, KC and San Diego. They beat StL so I think they are capable of beating seattle if they don't have Hassleback.

I don't see how Seatle ends up any worse than 10-6, 11-5 is probably their final record.
i agree. i imagine they will be around a 22-25 pick.

mgcolby said:

i agree. i imagine they will be around a 22-25 pick.

FloridaPatsFan said:

Home:
Oakland
St Louis
Green Bay
San Francisco
San Diego

Away:
Kansas City
San Francisco
Denver
St Louis
Tampa Bay

They already played St Louis once...and just did beat them. Take out ST Louis away and insert Arizona and you got it.

Here is their actual remaining schedule:

Sunday, October 29 10:00 am PT at Kansas City FOX
Monday, November 6 5:30 pm PT Oakland ESPN
Sunday, November 12 1:00 pm PT St Louis FOX
Sunday, November 19 1:00 pm PT at San Francisco FOX
Monday, November 27 5:30 pm PT Green Bay ESPN
Sunday, December 3 1:15 pm PT at Denver FOX
Sunday, December 10 1:15 pm PT at Arizona FOX
Thursday, December 14 5:00 pm PT San Francisco NFL Network
Sunday, December 24 1:00 pm PT San Diego CBS
Sunday, December 31 10:00 am PT at Tampa Bay FOX

Last edited:
SoCal Bong said:

Good call. This is still a playoff team, provided both Alexander and Hasselbeck bake it back in the coming weeks. But, picking at #21-25 is much, much better than picking at #30-32; especially when we have the ammo of a 2nd pick in the round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes