PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Regular season winning streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinkypete

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Patriots have won 17 consecutive regular season games, dating back to the Houston game in December of 2006. With a win tomorrow, they will tie the 2003-2004 Patriots for longest regular season winning streak in history.

First observation, has anyone heard anything about this from the media? I haven't. Seems like it should garner some mention.

Second observation, what does it say about a team that the same core group - Brady, Light, Koppen, Neal, Faulk, Izzo, Bruschi, Colvin, Vrabel, Wilfork, Warren, Seymour, Green, Gay, Wilson, Samuel and Harrison - have been part of the 2 longest regular season winning stereaks in history, and if they win the super bowl, maybe the two longest streaks overall.

will also tie 4 teams for most games won in a season

San Francisco, 1984
Chicago, 1985
Minnesota, 1998
Pittsburgh, 2004

and have won the most consecutive games in one season

Most Consecutive Games Won, Season
14 Miami, 1972
Pittsburgh, 2004

Last edited:
The Patriots have won 17 consecutive regular season games, dating back to the Houston game in December of 2006. With a win tomorrow, they will tie the 2003-2004 Patriots for longest regular season winning streak in history.

First observation, has anyone heard anything about this from the media? I haven't. Seems like it should garner some mention.

I heard it said somewhere as an aside, but there hasn't been much publicity. The 16-0 streak overshadows everything. But if they win against Miami and actually set a new record I think it will be mentioned then... though the 16-0 possibility will still dominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back