PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ProFootballWeekly's Top 50 NFL Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised we have 3.

I think it is really hard to make a list like that. You can always make a valid argument that someone who was left off should be on the list or someone who is on the list should be left off.

Fundamentally these kind of lists are pretty meaningless. They're just for fun but that's about it.

I think a better list would have been top 10 Players at their position.

Top 10 QBs
Top 10 WRs
and so on....

What a slap in the face to one of, if not the best, LB in football; Zach Thomas.

Last edited:
What a slap in the face to one of, if not the best, LB in football; Zach Thomas.
Maybe 5 years ago but I think he's perceived as having lost a step. Whether it's true or not is hard to see since the D is out there so much with their crappy offense.

Maybe 5 years ago but I think he's perceived as having lost a step. Whether it's true or not is hard to see since the D is out there so much with their crappy offense.

Well just last year he was the all-pro middle linebacker meaning he was the best in the entire NFL. He also led the NFL in tackles, yeah, he's lost a step. :rolleyes:

Well just last year he was the all-pro middle linebacker meaning he was the best in the entire NFL. He also led the NFL in tackles, yeah, he's lost a step. :rolleyes:
notice the word "perceived" in my post. This list is just one guy's opinion and I've barely ever heard of him.

Last edited:
notice the word "perceived" in my post. This list is just one guy's opinion and I've barely ever heard of him.

But the fact that he is recognized by everyone in the football world is a complete slap in the face.

How is Frank Gore 19? Did everyone forget that he fumbled six times last year with at least two coming on the goal line? Give me Joseph Addai with his receptions and carries before Frank Gore and his fumbles.

And anyone want to explain how Lance Briggs is not on this list at all but yet you have Jamaal Brown and Kris Dielman on the list? Why not throw Leonard Davis on the list as well and kick Adrian Wilson off the island!?!?

But the fact that he is recognized by everyone in the football world is a complete slap in the face.
Again who is the guy writing it, your list of offseason rankings has as much validity as this guys.

How is Frank Gore 19? Did everyone forget that he fumbled six times last year with at least two coming on the goal line? Give me Joseph Addai with his receptions and carries before Frank Gore and his fumbles.

And anyone want to explain how Lance Briggs is not on this list at all but yet you have Jamaal Brown and Kris Dielman on the list? Why not throw Leonard Davis on the list as well and kick Adrian Wilson off the island!?!?

wow...your a joke. Addai over a top 5 RB?

Gore on worse team than Addai still put up a higher ypc and had 15, 20 + yard runs compared to Addai's 3.

to even mention addai and gore in same sentence is stupid.

do you know how too Brown and Wilson are? They are 2 of the top 5 at their positions.

Wilson is the best SS..2nd best overall safety next to Reed. Brown is a young pro bowl LT with loads of talent and living up to his hype

and out of the teams w/o a top 50 player..thats BS. Portis is easily top 50

Last edited:
Again who is the guy writing it, your list of offseason rankings has as much validity as this guys.

I just think it's very obvious that Zach Thomas is much better than several guys on this list. Any one who can't see that doesn't know much about him or the Dolphins.

I just think it's very obvious that Zach Thomas is much better than several guys on this list. Any one who can't see that doesn't know much about him or the Dolphins.

tell us about it. Wheres Warren on the list? Some people only know "Seymour"..glad Wilfork got some recognition but Warren outplayed Seymour last year..he deserves some credit from outside our fan base

tell us about it. Wheres Warren on the list? Some people only know "Seymour"..glad Wilfork got some recognition but Warren outplayed Seymour last year..he deserves some credit from outside our fan base

I think you've got an argument there too. The AFCE harbors so many great players, it's sick. Think about the number of potential pro bowlers from this division.

I think you've got an argument there too. The AFCE harbors so many great players, it's sick. Think about the number of potential pro bowlers from this division.

notable names missing: Warren/Rhodes/Thomas/Thomas and maybe Jason Peters

notable names missing: Warren/Rhodes/Thomas/Thomas and maybe Jason Peters

Just looking that the Jets had no players on there, I think Jonathan Vilma, Pete Kendall and Lavernous Coles all should have a say.

These lists raise more questions than answers.

And can someone explain to me how JT isn't the top DE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes