PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Perspective from the Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

kptmorgan04

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Ok guys/girls... I have been working on a research vessel for the last 3 weeks and was lucky enough to steal the remote on my ship to make sure that the game stayed on in the lounge.
The Patriots as an entire team played very bad tonight. I will be the first to admit it and have been taking sh!t from everyone on this ship after the game since everyone knows I am the sole Pats fan and yankee on the ship (I am in the Gulf of Mexico).
I have just glanced over the post topics and GEEZ. We are 3 games into the season and lost to a VERY good and thus far in the season under rated team. Do I think the Pats played bad, yes they played horrible in pretty much every phase in the game.
I just think that people are freaking out way too early. There needs to be corrections made and if they arent then we will be a one and done in the postseason, but I do believe that they will. I mean, think back to last year of win one, lose won. At the end of the day we were a game away from hosting the AFC division championship after loosing the worst self destructive game I have seen these pats play.
Tonight wasnt one of self destruction like last year, just piss poor play all the way around, but thats the beauty of it. it is ONE game, just like our "one possession" wins the previous two weeks are only one game. they all count the same and hopefully things will get worked on over the next few weeks leading through the bye week.
This game consisted of bad execution on offense, poor effort/tackeling, bad play calling, poor special teams (our one positive play taken back) and some tough luck officiating down the stretch. Combined with a good game from a good Denver team that will always result in a loss.

My two main concerns are
#1 Dillon's health. I have been in his corner all offseason and think he is vital to the teams success the rest of the year.
#2 Making plays on defense. I just dont know why they havent been happening, but hopefuly soon we might be due.

Personal wise I still strongly believe we have the making of a contender, and that is really all you can hope for going into a season. Please stop jumping off cliffs people, or you might just brainwash me to jump off this ship!!!!

Thanks for the strong post. People need to get some perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST