PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Per ESPN: Redskins release DE Jason Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its another really good idea, sign Taylor, bring on an OLB in the draft like a Maybin, English etc and in two years they'll be starters

With all the picks and Peppers a possibility we have so many options this year on D its exciting ...

To be fair to the "get-youngers," if we do sign Taylor and he stays healthy the whole year, chances are we'll be back here next offseason wondering whether Woods/Redd/young OLB #3 is the future at the position.

I think they signed TBC with an eye towards having him compete with Woods for that OLB spot opposite Thomas, since obviously they were contemplating cutting Vrabel. I certainly would welcome Taylor if he fell in Belichick's lap though.

To be fair to the "get-youngers," if we do sign Taylor and he stays healthy the whole year, chances are we'll be back here next offseason wondering whether Woods/Redd/young OLB #3 is the future at the position.

I think they signed TBC with an eye towards having him compete with Woods for that OLB spot opposite Thomas, since obviously they were contemplating cutting Vrabel. I certainly would welcome Taylor if he fell in Belichick's lap though.

That's true, but we might also have another Lombardi on the shelf whilst we debate it... :D

This is my point though - this gives us time to find out. Add in Crable and say a Barwin/Sintim in the draft...with Taylor signed, you have a year or two to let these guys develop into your OLB of the future.

I agree, if age isn't an issue then we might as well have kept Vrabel.

I'd pass and go for Peppers or the draft. There's really no one else available in FA, is there?

Vrabel wasn't going to play for cheap for a chance to get a ring... he already has that.

We're not comparing apples to apples... Vrabel was a big cap hit. Taylor may very well come here for cheap in the hopes of getting a ring.

Think outside the box.... it's not all about age. If we can get Taylor cheap, we can draft a player and give him time to develop.

He has most likely already been called and had his hotel booked for his stay

Stumbled across this little nugget while the rendering gerbils clicked their mindless tapdance...

According to a report, a source close to Taylor, said “the defender went so far as to ask Brady to speak to Belichick on his behalf before Miami traded Taylor to Washington last year.”

Hm.

Link: Jason Taylor to New England Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes