PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pat's ran only 5 times in the 2nd half, for 8 yards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobster

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
According to the stats in the "Gamebook":
In the first half the Pat's ran 19 times for 85 yards, avg. 4.5 yards.
In the entire game the Pat's ran 24 times for 93 yards, avg 3.9 yards.

The Colts DL was getting some very decent penetration against the run and that needs to be addressed in the off-season, but doesn't it seem absurd to call only 5 runs?

yeah maybe they should have ran more, last week they got away from the run also. indy was stuffing the draw but it seemed dillion maybe had one carry in the 2nd half.

Questionable play calling is to be questioned.. but we did not have the ball alot in the second half..

I agree. You can't put all the pressure on Brady and abandon the running game. Bill overplayed his hand and it was a contributing factor in the loss today.

You have to take what the D is giving you. We ran mostly on first down directly into run blitzs. That left us in 2nd and long and played into the hands of the COlt D.

Givne the way the Colts were playing a first down PA pass should have been used to set up the run. We didn't so that and it contributed big time to the loss.

I agree. You can't put all the pressure on Brady and abandon the running game. Bill overplayed his hand and it was a contributing factor in the loss today.

Errmmm... Bill doesn't call the offense's plays.

The fumbling must really kill the confidence in Dillon/Maroney. They haven't been used much in the 2nd halfs since the Texans game.

Run plays are risky against the colts because half the time they are negative plays. We simply coudn't afford negative plays in the second half with the way their offense was playing.

No one can complain about the game plan - Put the ball in TB's hands and keep the D off balance with occasional draws.

I know it was successful in the first half, but the other disturbing thing was that the only runs they were calling were draw looks. By the second half the Colts D-line had slowed up and was no longer running past the play. This was the time to let the O-line start drive blocking and wear down the Colts front 7.

Im wondering why they didnt run Corey more... perhaps he's been injured or something. They havent run him much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes