PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats headed for a first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Just looking at the standings and Pats (& Jills) are the ONLY team to have played 4 games within their Divison so far. And Pats are 4-0 in the Div.

That's a pretty good head start. Only Indy & Chicago are close in their respective divisions at 3-0. ( I am having a tough time deciding if the AFC South & NFC North are actually tougher than AFC East - if you made me pick I would call East and NFC North a wash and AFC South easier)

According to Felger:
Believe it or not, the Pats never have gone undefeated within their division during a full season in their 46-year history.

Obviously, this could be the year.
When one player was asked about the division, he turned the tables on the questioner.
“What do you think of it?†he asked.
“It sucks,†responded the reporter.
“You said that, not me,†answered the player. “I call it the NFL.â€
But just barely.

We still have to play the resurgent Jesters and the doofins too. I don't think we'll have trouble with the Fish; but taking the Jesters the week after the Colts could be a trap game if we whoop on the Colts.

But you have to believe Pats will go 6-0 at this point for the FIRST TIME IN PATRIOTS HISTORY. Is there anybody who doesn't believe it? If so why?

Gumby said:
But you have to believe Pats will go 6-0 at this point for the FIRST TIME IN PATRIOTS HISTORY. Is there anybody who doesn't believe it? If so why?

Because of 2004, I think they will most likely go 6-0 in the division but a loss in Miami wouldn't shock me.

mgcolby said:
Because of 2004, I think they will most likely go 6-0 in the division but a loss in Miami wouldn't shock me.

I agree with you about Miami. I have it down as one of our 3 losses this year. I think we can go 6-0 in division play but history says otherwise. I hope we are wrong.

Um, didn't we go 6-0 in the division last year?

edit: wait wait wait, that's right. the garbage "I'd rather play jacksonville" loss to Miami.

Last edited:
Grizzafted said:
Um, didn't we go 6-0 in the division last year?

edit: wait wait wait, that's right. the garbage "I'd rather play jacksonville" loss to Miami.

I thought about our other 14-2 season also thinking 'waitaminute' but then remembered the 0-31 massacre in the Milloy Bowl.

The Jets game will be must-win for them and not for us. So that's automatically scary.

But yes -- I expect the Pats to win both reamining divisional games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick