PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now I really feel like an idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSummerallofthe80s

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I was reading through the Steelers/Colts Game Day Thread on this site. The majority of you were pulling for the Steelers. As a Steelers troll who pestered you guys the past few weeks, I offer a sincere apology. I am honestly sorry that i came on here to heckle and push buttons of a few.

No excuses and I will say it. I am an idiot and if I could be a Monday morning QB, I wouldn't make the same decision to do what I did. It was wrong and now I feel like a real jerk.

I wish I could make up for it. Perhaps I could buy NEM or any other PATS fans in the Scottsdale or Phoenix area a couple of beers.

Your franchise is a classy organization from the ownership, to the players, to their fan base. The Steelers won today because they took a chapter out of the Patriots Playbook......They finally played with heart. When you do that, good things happen. You all proved that the last three of four years which may never be duplicated.

So if any of you are willing to accept my sincere apology, I offer an extended hand and ask forgiveness.

In conclusion, I am glad for two things regarding next week. One that it is not a home game, and second, it is not against New England (you seem to have our number in the AFCCG).

Thanks for reading this.

For many Pats fans, myself included rooting for the Steelers is the lesser of two evils. Colts are my least favorite team and have been since a snowy March night when several Mayflower moving vans snuck into Maryland to steal our Colts away..... Indy can have 'em, and may it be a cold day in H*ll if they ever hold up another Bellechick trophy.

I think that I do want the Steelers to win next week.

However, that doean't make the the poster who started this thread any less than a bottom feeding troll.

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
I was reading through the Steelers/Colts Game Day Thread on this site. The majority of you were pulling for the Steelers. As a Steelers troll who pestered you guys the past few weeks, I offer a sincere apology. I am honestly sorry that i came on here to heckle and push buttons of a few.

No excuses and I will say it. I am an idiot and if I could be a Monday morning QB, I wouldn't make the same decision to do what I did. It was wrong and now I feel like a real jerk.

I wish I could make up for it. Perhaps I could buy NEM or any other PATS fans in the Scottsdale or Phoenix area a couple of beers.

Your franchise is a classy organization from the ownership, to the players, to their fan base. The Steelers won today because they took a chapter out of the Patriots Playbook......They finally played with heart. When you do that, good things happen. You all proved that the last three of four years which may never be duplicated.

So if any of you are willing to accept my sincere apology, I offer an extended hand and ask forgiveness.

In conclusion, I am glad for two things regarding next week. One that it is not a home game, and second, it is not against New England (you seem to have our number in the AFCCG).

Thanks for reading this.

Most Pats fans weren't rooting for the Steelers, but rather against the Dolts. We hate all the ball-washing of Peyton Manning by the media and there is nothing we love more than the Peyton face. I think all Pats fans are in agreement when I say, GO NFC!

Same here, Pat. I was at ESPN Sportszone in downtown D.C. today cheering hard for Ben and the Steelers. Never thought I would ever do that, but my desire to see Bill Polian, Peyton Manning and the Colts fail overcomes any of my negative feelings for the Steelers.

The amazing thing is that Bill Cowher continues to make crucial coaching blunders in the big games.

He got away with one today with that Bettis fumble, but his emotion and sentimentality nearly got the best of him. The obvious strategy was to kneel 3x, burn the Colts' TO's and kick the field goal rather than try to give Bettis one more chance for a TD. That kind of business-like detachment is what separates Belichick from Cowher, but at least for today, the Steelers were able to perservere.

The Steelers deserved to win, even after the refs attempted to give the game to the Colts. I still can't believe the egregiously bad officiating on the pass interference non-call and the overturning of Polamalu's INT. Those clowns need to be fired. A serious black eye for the NFL's officiating on that one...

FSUPatsFan said:
Most Pats fans weren't rooting for the Steelers, but rather against the Dolts. We hate all the ball-washing of Peyton Manning by the media and there is nothing we love more than the Peyton face. I think all Pats fans are in agreement when I say, GO NFC!

Actually, not me. I'll be rooting for the Steelers. I like a cold-weather team with a 10-year wait list for tickets.

I wanted always the Steelers to win. I like cold weather teams. Also, I was rooting for a second home patriot game from the beginning of playoffs. Besides, there are few here who want to see the Colts win. I wanted us to play in the Championship game. Now, only one will make it. I will root for you again next week. My dislike for the broncos goes back a long, long way.

mgteich said:
I wanted always the Steelers to win. I like cold weather teams. Also, I was rooting for a second home patriot game from the beginning of playoffs. Besides, there are few here who want to see the Colts win. I wanted us to play in the Championship game. Now, only one will make it. I will root for you again next week. My dislike for the broncos goes back a long, long way.

Amen.

Good luck Steelers!

Harrison37 said:
Amen.

Good luck Steelers!

Thanks and maybe in some way, it's the losses we suffered at the hands of New England that have prepared the Steelers to be ready for this playoff run (and I'm not assuming we will automatically beat Denver).

I love hard hitting defensive football. The colts defense sucks, with all the damn hype they got during the season.

I'll be rooting for the steelers next week too.

One more thing without turning this into a Pitt love-in, but I was very glad that Jerome Bettis' lasting legacy was not a crucial fumble that resulted in the Colts winning a game they had no business being in at the end.

He deserved better than that, and I was very happy that it didn't come down to that for him. Yo, Jerome- hold onto the ball! ;)

Harrison37 said:
One more thing without turning this into a Pitt love-in, but I was very glad that Jerome Bettis' lasting legacy was not a crucial fumble that resulted in the Colts winning a game they had no business being in at the end.

He deserved better than that, and I was very happy that it didn't come down to that for him. Yo, Jerome- hold onto the ball! ;)

Absolutely, but believe or not, when that happened I was more concerned about that than the game being another PIT defeat in the playoffs. Jerome is one of the great NFL guys. His involvement in Community Service (especially with kids) is amongst the elite. I also have seen him go way out of his way to grant interviews even when it would normally be a hassle to many players.

And it is great football to see the QB make that key tackle.

Harrison37 said:

mgteich said:
And it is great football to see the QB make that key tackle.

Yep. He saved the game.

I'd like to think that Mike Vrabel planting him on his keister in last year's AFC Championship game when Rodney took the INT to the house better prepared Big Ben to *MAKE* the tackle on Harper. :D

Also- Bettis I believe is a class act. So again- I'm just happy that his team overcame his critical blunder and he doesn't have to hear it from the legions of pinheads who would proabably not have forgiven him if Harper had returned the fumble for a TD and the Colts won the game. He's done a lot for the city of Pittsburgh and football, and he gets to live another day without that stigma.

Good on him.

Well

Harrison37 said:
Same here, Pat. I was at ESPN Sportszone in downtown D.C. today cheering hard for Ben and the Steelers. Never thought I would ever do that, but my desire to see Bill Polian, Peyton Manning and the Colts fail overcomes any of my negative feelings for the Steelers.

The amazing thing is that Bill Cowher continues to make crucial coaching blunders in the big games.

He got away with one today with that Bettis fumble, but his emotion and sentimentality nearly got the best of him. The obvious strategy was to kneel 3x, burn the Colts' TO's and kick the field goal rather than try to give Bettis one more chance for a TD. That kind of business-like detachment is what separates Belichick from Cowher, but at least for today, the Steelers were able to perservere.

The Steelers deserved to win, even after the refs attempted to give the game to the Colts. I still can't believe the egregiously bad officiating on the pass interference non-call and the overturning of Polamalu's INT. Those clowns need to be fired. A serious black eye for the NFL's officiating on that one...

I disagree, the dolts had all their timeouts so if they just knealt down and kicked there would still be about a minute on the clock when the dolts get the ball back down 6! Cowher has always been accused of "playing not to lose" rather than "playing to win" and i thought he did what he needed cuase if they get the 1 yard (and it is the steelers running the ball) the game is over. He made the right call, just happend to be a freak thing happen. If indy didn't have all their time outs, then i agree with you!

Ohh and how did the AFC end up with the worst refs---the nfc games that i saw were fine and done correctly! Really sucks considering the best teams this year were in the AFC!

Although i can't stand a lot of squealer fans, i respect their team. For the most part they are a classact and i wouldn't mind seeing them go to the superbowl. Obviously i wanted us to go, but if we can't then they are the best choice!

Count me in as a Pats fan who'll be rooting for the Steelers next week.

I'm in the minority here, but I thought Indy really had the stuff to go all the way this year. That said, I was pulling for Pitt. I'd like to see you guys take Denver, although I think it would be cool to see Seattle finally win a Super Bowl.

mtbykr said:
Ohh and how did the AFC end up with the worst refs---the nfc games that i saw were fine and done correctly! Really sucks considering the best teams this year were in the AFC!

No question the refs performance in both AFC games this past weekend was more like a circus.

I did notice (in the CAR vs. CHI game) that Grossman didn't get the snap off in time during the Bear's final drive (which resulted in a game ending interception). The play should have been ruled a delay of game. Not that anybody thinks Rex would have been mature enough to take the team down field with no timeouts left.

Nevertheless, another miss big missed call by the refs.

Go Steelers...

I love that look on Mannings face......

Krugman said:
I love that look on Mannings face......

Did anyone notice during the press conference that Manning's tongue and mouth were red? It's almost as if he just ate one of those fireball candies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3