PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.

That’s two agreements that have fallen apart now, after it also happened to Darqueze Dennard and the Jags yesterday. Brockers had a high ankle sprain that apparently hasn’t healed completely.

And he’s back to the Rams. That was fast.

Has he been any good since departing? I haven't watched or heard anything about him.
He was still pretty productive in IND the last few years. 15.5 sacks since he left us in 2017; though I’m not exactly sure how many pressures he got on the QB. He’s always been pretty decent against the run as well. I’m sure Bill would get the most out of him, as usual.

Last edited:
Has he been any good since departing? I haven't watched or heard anything about him.
In games I have seen, he was effective. He would be good, don''t know if he would play at our price.

It definitely seems like Pats are OK with competing as best they can in 2019. Fine with me, we have over $20m in dead cap hits - we need a year to "reset"

I like the idea of trading out of round 1, picking up two picks and then having several selections in the first 3 rounds: TE, WR, OL, LB, DE.... then a kicker.

A small silver lining to all our FA departures are that we have a 3rd and two 4ths coming to us for Brady/Van Noy/Collins so we can dangle our 2021 picks if we don't fill all needs through draft.

Wrong again. Making stuff up? Lol

Seals-Jones didn't receive a contract tender from the Browns and is now an unrestricted free agent, Mike Clay of ESPN.com reports.”

Ricky Seals-Jones: Enters free agency

Ricky Seals-Jones On The Open Market - 5thDownFantasy.com

I don't need to make things up. I never do. I hadn't seen the report from whatever garbage ESPN schmuck you're quoting.

Last I saw, he was listed as an RFA.

So, jerk, what else have I been wrong about in this thread? And when was the last time you admitted to screwing up? Or are you F'in perfect?

I don't need to make things up. I never do. I hadn't seen the report from whatever garbage ESPN schmuck you're quoting.

Last I saw, he was listed as an RFA.

So, jerk, what else have I been wrong about in this thread? And when was the last time you admitted to screwing up? Or are you F'in perfect?
Relax bruh. You were adamant & wrong. It happens. Have a blessed evening.

To summarize, Stefanski likes running 2 TEs and right now the Browns have Hooper and Njoku as those two top TEs. So there really shouldn't be any rational expectation for the latter to be on the trading block especially because of his age and the fact that in his fourth year on the rookie deal he still remains relatively cheap.

To summarize, Stefanski likes running 2 TEs and right now the Browns have Hooper and Njoku as those two top TEs. So there really shouldn't be any rational expectation for the latter to be on the trading block especially because of his age and the fact that in his fourth year on the rookie deal he still remains relatively cheap.
So Seals Jones is the top tight end on the market.
Arians basically alluded they won’t trade Howard.
Giants would be crazy to trade Engram I don’t get that and never have.
So your pretty much telling me it’s Lacosse and Izzo again or some other d rated celebrities or rookies.
If we really want to fix the position take kmet at 23 then come back later and grab Trautman.
Then draft WRs and linebackers and thats it.

Eagles are sniffing around Demarcus Robinson can we please stop messing around and cut Sanu and sign Robinson and Samuel.

So Seals Jones is the top tight end on the market.
Arians basically alluded they won’t trade Howard.
Giants would be crazy to trade Engram I don’t get that and never have.
So your pretty much telling me it’s Lacosse and Izzo again or some other d rated celebrities or rookies.
If we really want to fix the position take kmet at 23 then come back later and grab Trautman.
Then draft WRs and linebackers and thats it.

Chris Cousin, Problem is they need two TEs. I can't see either LaCosse or Izzo as a roster player in 2020. Perhaps one as TE #3.
If the Draft is the only way, I think BB will double dip for a TE like with Gronk and Hernandez.

Here is the only positive about TB leaving. Stidham will throw to different receivers, which in a way might help JE as less double Teams. Teams knew TB would not reply on anyone else. But I predict Myers will have a ton of catches as Stidham and Meyers had a good camp together.

Although........ I think you could trade JE to the Bucs. Would they not give up one of their top two TE's for JE (they have three) to give TB a comfort zone?

Can't see Draft pics but could do a player swap with Bucs.

Keep an eye on this one. Tyler Higbee. The Rams are in serious CAP hell. They have been pedaling Cooks. They don't have a first rounder and don't pick until #52. They only have six picks to our 12.

They have a good young TE in Tyler Higbee. He had 69 receptions in 2019. They just resigned him at about $7.5 MM per year until 2023. The Jags just paid the always hurt Eifert for more. Ebron " the inconsistent" was paid $6.5mm. Hooper who caught just 6 more got $10.5mm. $7.5mm might be fair.

We could do something creative:

PLAN A
Pats trade first-round pick #23 and 3rd round pick #100 (=860 Draft value points) for Higbee and the Rams second-round pick (we do not have one) pick #52 (=380 Draft value points).

To get a quality good young TE with experience or hope a rookie will last until the 3rd Round because you are not reaching in Round 1 is the key. Chance that BB trades down anyway.

There was chatter about Higbee to the Pats in 2019

Thoughts? I would do it. A reasonable 2nd rounder can be good wampum with our two remaining third rounders if BB wanted to more up.

PLAN B
This would take large stones and some CAP moves. This also involves trades......my fovorite! Cooks is third man out in LA at $16.8 mm per. But he is signed until 2023. The Rams also have Josh Reynolds in the wings. Cooks is only 26. He was a good pick up for us here. He knows the culture.

Sanu is $6.5 and done after this year and will be a FA.

Patrick Chung has 2 years remaining at $5.9mm. "It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Rams snag one early and stay committed to playing with three safeties and one linebacker like they did under Wade Phillips". Weddle has retired. A veteran like Chung could replace the retired Erix Weddle. Besides we just added two safeties. Chung played more LB.

My proposal? Chung and Sanu and our first #23 and a sixth #212 (The Rams need picks) for Cooks and Higbee and the Rams 2nd #52. Helps their CAP. Puts pressure on ours to come up with some but..........at 26 but before the Trade I am asking Cooks to restructure.

We wind up with a proven young TE who is under contract and a young WR who was very productive for us and brings us needed speed. Cooks knows Josh's offense.

PLAN C
Rumor has it that the Rams are in talks with Jordan Reed thus making Gerald Everett available to trade. He is on his last rookie year contract. Everett is ascending. He was the Ram starter until tweaking a knee midseason. He had 136 yards against the Seahawks but seems healthy now but was TE#2 after Higbee when he returned.

A little different trade here. Sanu and Chung and one of our thirds (#100)for Cooks and Everett?

Thoughts? Which plan?

Solves two of our needs and makes up for tough Sanu move that did not work out. Higbee and Cooks are still young and under contract for awhile.

DW Toys

Last edited:
Chris Cousin, Problem is they need two TEs. I can't see either LaCosse or Izzo as a roster player in 2020. Perhaps one as TE #3.
If the Draft is the only way, I think BB will double dip for a TE like with Gronk and Hernandez.

Here is the only positive about TB leaving. Stidham will throw to different receivers, which in a way might help JE as less double Teams. Teams knew TB would not reply on anyone else. But I predict Myers will have a ton of catches as Stidham and Meyers had a good camp together.

Although........ I think you could trade JE to the Bucs. Would they not give up one of their top two TE's for JE (they have three) to give TB a comfort zone?

Can't see Draft pics but could do a player swap with Bucs.

Keep an eye on this one. Tyler Higbee. The Rams are in serious CAP hell. They have been pedaling Cooks. They don't have a first rounder and don't pick until #52. They only have six picks to our 12.

They have a good young TE in Tyler Higbee. He had 69 receptions in 2019. They just resigned him at about $7.5 MM per year until 2023. The Jags just paid the always hurt Eifert for more. Ebron " the inconsistent" was paid $6.5mm. Hooper who caught just 6 more got $10.5mm. $7.5mm might be fair.

We could do something creative:

PLAN A
Pats trade first-round pick #23 and 3rd round pick #100 (=860 Draft value points) for Higbee and the Rams second-round pick (we do not have one) pick #52 (=380 Draft value points).

To get a quality good young TE with experience or hope a rookie will last until the 3rd Round because you are not reaching in Round 1 is the key. Chance that BB trades down anyway.

There was chatter about Higbee to the Pats in 2019

Thoughts? I would do it. A reasonable 2nd rounder can be good wampum with our two remaining third rounders if BB wanted to more up.

PLAN B
This would take large stones and some CAP moves. This also involves trades......my fovorite! Cooks is third man out in LA at $16.8 mm per. But he is signed until 2023. The Rams also have Josh Reynolds in the wings. Cooks is only 26. He was a good pick up for us here. He knows the culture.

Sanu is $6.5 and done after this year and will be a FA.

Patrick Chung has 2 years remaining at $5.9mm. "It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Rams snag one early and stay committed to playing with three safeties and one linebacker like they did under Wade Phillips". Weddle has retired. A veteran like Chung could replace the retired Erix Weddle. Besides we just added two safeties. Chung played more LB.

My proposal? Chung and Sanu and our first #23 and a sixth #212 (The Rams need picks) for Cooks and Higbee and the Rams 2nd #52. Helps their CAP. Puts pressure on ours to come up with some but..........at 26 but before the Trade I am asking Cooks to restructure.

We wind up with a proven young TE who is under contract and a young WR who was very productive for us and brings us needed speed. Cooks knows Josh's offense.

PLAN C
Rumor has it that the Rams are in talks with Jordan Reed thus making Gerald Everett available to trade. He is on his last rookie year contract. Everett is ascending. He was the Ram starter until tweaking a knee midseason. He had 136 yards against the Seahawks but seems healthy now but was TE#2 after Higbee when he returned.

A little different trade here. Sanu and Chung and one of our thirds (#100)for Cooks and Everett?

Thoughts? Which plan?

Solves two of our needs and makes up for tough Sanu move that did not work out. Higbee and Cooks are still young and under contract for awhile.

DW Toys
Love both ideas way to go DW!
Honestly can you put a resume into the Pats front office getting Cooks Higbee and a second would be a masterful plan.
From your keyboard to BBs eyes I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes