PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't recall any SPIRITED debate about 2019 week 2 offense vs 2007 offense...In fact some of us were still questioning the depth on the OL, the lack of youth at WR and the lack of Any talent whatsoever at TE...

Why do people keep bringing up Josh Gordon in this. Is there any player that has lived off one excellent season 7 years ago more than him ?

Curran could have just said Brady, AB, Edelman, Gronk and it would have had even more impact.
Gronk wasn't on the team then.

I've also heard Engram might be on the block. I like that option better than Tate.
How many drops did he have Thursday night?

I don't recall any SPIRITED debate about 2019 week 2 offense vs 2007 offense...In fact some of us were still questioning the depth on the OL, the lack of youth at WR and the lack of Any talent whatsoever at TE...
Curran should resign if he seriously thought the shell of Josh Gordon (aka Junkie) was capable of 2019 greatness.

Main reason not to just completely dismiss this is their cap situation and the fact that thabks to COVID they are in even bigger trouble getting under it in the next years.

But it would essentially equal giving up on what will most probably be Brees' last year.

Main reason not to just completely dismiss this is their cap situation and the fact that thabks to COVID they are in even bigger trouble getting under it in the next years.

But it would essentially equal giving up on what will most probably be Brees' last year.

Thuney for Thomas straight up!

At this point they just want get rid of Thomas...

They have only 6m in space and are an estimated 81M (!!) in the red for next year. Any move they do will be to get a handle on their cap conundrum. They can't even really move on from Thomas without increasing next year's debt by another 20m.

Gilmore for Thomas makes the most sense

No it doesn't as they don't even have the space to take on a direct Gilmore for Thomas trade. Even if traded now his cap hit would be > 10M and they'd only have about 7M if they move Thomas.

Last edited:
Dunlap is airing his unhappiness openly; can BB finally rectify the Cunningham/Dunlap mishap 53/54?

I would take Thomas right now, way ahead of OBJ. I think it's crazy to spend 20mil on a receiver though and it would probably keep BB up at night.

Would Thomas work in our offense?
Not advocating for the trade - if NO is even willing - but I think Thomas is so spectacular that he would work in any offense. In the past, WRs that didn’t work in NE were either (1) not at Thomas’ level or (2) too many years past that level when acquired.

I don’t think he’s the answer, because NE isn’t winning the SB regardless. So, I’d rather pass at that $$$.

If you believe in a rebuild year then Thomas does not make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes