PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Old 2020 thread] NFL Free Agency/Trade Rumors:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was kind of hoping we would roll the dice on him.
Dallas will be a fun team to watch
They are always fun to watch : because they are big on names, small on results.

Is this the longest absence someone has had from the NFL with a return? Think even Vick was out of the game for less time. Not sure what the Ricky Williams timeline was.

Is this the longest absence someone has had from the NFL with a return? Think even Vick was out of the game for less time. Not sure what the Ricky Williams timeline was.
Staubach served several years in the Navy between his college career and NFL career. I think it was 4 years. Not exactly an absence but closest I could think off the top of my head.

Bronco Nagurski was 6 years I believe.

Staubach served several years in the Navy between his college career and NFL career. I think it was 4 years. Not exactly an absence but closest I could think off the top of my head.

Bronco Nagurski was 6 years I believe.

So far it seems like Aldon Smith would still technically have the "modern record" considering Staubach's absence wasn't in the middle of his NFL career and Nagurski played what was essentially a different sport/league.

Not suggesting that holding this record is even a good thing, considering the reason for prolonged absences nowadays is generally because a player can't get his life straight. But it's interesting trivia.

Looks like his spliff is boating a little...a slightly-wetted fingertip right on top of it should do the trick...

Does he play a game for the cowboys or get arrested first? Need the odds on this one

Looks like his spliff is boating a little...a slightly-wetted fingertip right on top of it should do the trick...

Looks like a blunt rolled from a split cigarillo. Not sure why he would do that when there's Backwoods.

Does he play a game for the cowboys or get arrested first? Need the odds on this one

What puzzles me is the media keeps saying he's clean and sober, but he was getting into trouble as recently as last summer.

What puzzles me is the media keeps saying he's clean and sober, but he was getting into trouble as recently as last summer.

I saw that. There's not a chance he makes it 16 games clean without a felony or testing positive for drugs.

Lol at Clowney. Dude is always injured, gets 3 sacks this year, known as the “almost sacked him guy” and wanted $20M. Now it’s $17-$18M. Teams may have learned from the Trey Flowers atrocious deal last year.

Who’s going to hold the guard and tackle down for Aldon Smith so he can just run around the edge to sack the QB?

Lol at Clowney. Dude is always injured, gets 3 sacks this year, known as the “almost sacked him guy” and wanted $20M. Now it’s $17-$18M. Teams may have learned from the Trey Flowers atrocious deal last year.

How on earth are like 20 dime a dozen edge rushers making more than $17M per year? I bet Tre’Davious White doesn’t even get that much even though he’s a rare shutdown CB that changes every play.

Damn lions signed Daryl Roberts

I was sad to see him leave us way back when, but history has proven him to be sub-JAG level. He was a main culprit in almost every blowout loss to us during his Jets tenure.

I was sad to see him leave us way back when, but history has proven him to be sub-JAG level. He was a main culprit in almost every blowout loss to us during his Jets tenure.
He was my adopted binkie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye