PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett : [UPDATE: Placed on IR]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bennett only played 7 snaps in the game, but he had a pretty big impact. 3 catches for 38 yards. and that is after just coming here. He will have a much bigger role going forward IMO especially in the redzone with gronk

bennett only played 7 snaps in the game, but he had a pretty big impact. 3 catches for 38 yards. and that is after just coming here. He will have a much bigger role going forward IMO especially in the redzone with gronk

There's no need to push him yet. He will be a valuable piece down the line.

Marty B did all his damage on 7 snaps?? That tells you what a good player he is...what will Defenses do when he gets 14 snaps?? This Offense is even going to be better than the Offense we had with the Murderer.

There's no need to push him yet. He will be a valuable piece down the line.

I imagine that the Pats may have asked MB to try a few game snaps Sunday to see how he felt on Monday, and may have also offered something like ...
* limited practice exposure for the rest of the season
* weekly evaluation of the condition of his injury via MRI, and in consultation with an outside doctor of his choice
* surgery at his option at any time without recrimination

lol Packers fans are so salty at the moment. Marty's message to Packers fans........

giphy.gif

Marty B did all his damage on 7 snaps?? That tells you what a good player he is...what will Defenses do when he gets 14 snaps?? This Offense is even going to be better than the Offense we had with the Murderer.

I don't disagree that MB made a definite impact (perfect timing based upon the gameplan) and love that he is back (though I am wincing every time he got hit or tackled -- hopefully the shoulder is not that dramatically bad). But to be fair to Denver, I watched one play where MB was lined up at the right TE spot. Play action went completely right while MB took two steps forward then ran directly left like a man all by himself on a deserted island. I laughed and thought 'I think Denver has no idea MB actually plays for the Patriots'.

If a Patriots player did this we would go berzerk
I love his response to Belichick trying to get him to practice on Friday.

MB: “I just really feel like sleeping.”
BB: “It’s Friday. Just go out and try to get some snaps.”

Bennett’s presence should be helpful down the stretch if he is carefully managed and we have luck on our side, but he’s an odd dude, and that’s trying to be nice about it. God bless Belichick for being able to deal with the situation.

F### the Packers, the NFL, all of the talking heads yesterday afternoon on ESPN, Goodell and all of the crying, whining fans of other teams. I LOVE the fact that so many people think the Patriots were complicit in this situation and behaved in their typical shady ways (their belief, not mine.). F### 'em all...I love it.

F### the Packers, the NFL, all of the talking heads yesterday afternoon on ESPN, Goodell and all of the crying, whining fans of other teams. I LOVE the fact that so many people think the Patriots were complicit in this situation and behaved in their typical shady ways (their belief, not mine.). F### 'em all...I love it.

So much, you told us twice: lol. ;)

Like you guys I hope he’s an impact player, and the Gronk insurance we need down the stretch. We’ve had good reason to weigh down the playbook with some TE-first plays. When we are without a good pass catching TE it closes off options. Let’s hope Marty is still that guy. Cautiously optimistic given the injury concerns... get that man an avacado milkshake and may the odds be ever in his favor.

PS, reading what he’s saying about his injury, I’m torn (like a rotator cuff.)

He’s (healthy) just what we need. He could be a warrior out there in ways a couch potato like me can’t imagine... but I hope to hell he doesn’t take the wrong hit and eff him up for life or something.

Guys, don't you get it, I mean Dwayne Allen had his first catch, a TD catch. It doesn't matter what happens to Marty B. The real pheonix has risen from the ashes. Allen is about to become a TD machine, scoring a TD at least once every 9 games. That dude is fire. Marty B is the Bonnie to Dwayne Allen's Clyde, he's the Thelma to Allen's Louise. Book your tickets boys, we got Allen!

Guys, don't you get it, I mean Dwayne Allen had his first catch, a TD catch. It doesn't matter what happens to Marty B. The real pheonix has risen from the ashes. Allen is about to become a TD machine, scoring a TD at least once every 9 games. That dude is fire. Marty B is the Bonnie to Dwayne Allen's Clyde, he's the Thelma to Allen's Louise. Book your tickets boys, we got Allen!

You may be right about Allen. The thing that sticks in my mind is that Brady threw to him again after the first TD drop. Brady wanted him to get one which is a good sign. Plus all of his teammates celebrating with him. Hopefully more to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News