PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manny being Manny

SmokeShowin

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Did you see how long he admired that home run shot and then took his time going up the first base line. LOL!

Come on boyz. Get back in this!!! :rocker:

Did you see how long he admired that home run shot and then took his time going up the first base line. LOL!

It'd be way better if he did it when it wasn't 7-3.

if i hit a ball that far i would watch it also.

Ramirez is a cretin, a fool, a moron, a selfish idiot, and anything but a team player. He cares only about himself. His behavior after hitting that ball, with his TEAM still behind, was bush league. He is the poster child for everything wrong with professional sport.

Last edited:
I'm a huge Red Sox and baseball fan but that display sickened me. Tunescribes' summary hits the nail on the head in my book.

Last edited:
Ramirez is a cretin, a fool, a moron, a selfish idiot, and anything but a team player. He cares only about himself. His behavior after hitting that ball, with his TEAM still behind, was bush league. He is the poster child for everything wrong with professional sport.

For someone who hates baseball so much, you pretend to know a lot about it.

Anyone who has something negative to say about Manny should just read the recent Gammons and Bradford articles on Manny. This is one of - if not the most - hardest working players on the team and one of the smartest. He also cares quite a bit (re: Gammons article).

His carefree attitude might be hard for someone used to watching football to understand, but for anyone who has played a minute of baseball, it's understandable. As for the showboating, honestly, some of you guys need to grow up and calm down. If people really care about a guy "showboating", then I think they are probably the type of person that lives a pitiful, boring existence. Seriously, get a life and find something else to complain about.

There is a cultural divide between Manny and many of the Boston media and fans, and for that, he is constantly misrepresented. Just look how much his recent quote was taken out of context by so many people. Benjamin tried writing a positive article showing how Manny is out there just trying to win and play a game he loves, instead people twist it into him being indifferent.

Last edited:
For someone who hates baseball so much, you pretend to know a lot about it.

Anyone who has something negative to say about Manny should just read the recent Gammons and Bradford articles on Manny. This is one of - if not the most - hardest working players on the team and one of the smartest. He also cares quite a bit (re: Gammons article).

His carefree attitude might be hard for someone used to watching football to understand, but for anyone who has played a minute of baseball, it's understandable. As for the showboating, honestly, some of you guys need to grow up and calm down. If people really care about a guy "showboating", then I think they are probably the type of person that lives a pitiful, boring existence. Seriously, get a life and find something else to complain about.

There is a cultural divide between Manny and many of the Boston media and fans, and for that, he is constantly misrepresented. Just look how much his recent quote was taken out of context by so many people. Benjamin tried writing a positive article showing how Manny is out there just trying to win and play a game he loves, instead people twist it into him being indifferent.

There is a distinct parellel between Manny and Ted Williams. Really, not much difference, even Ted's genes were somewhat simmiliar. Both were the greatest hitters of their times (Bonds excluded) and both were very dysfunctional. They also studied the game of hitting well beyond most ball players. For every lapse in the outfield, baserunning blunder, or admiring a launched ball, you get the most feared hitter in baseball when he comes to the plate. I hope he signs an extension.

Manny's refusal to run out his hits is idiotic... cost us an extra base when the HR he thought he hit, wasn't. That could have been a game deciding error thanks to his laziness.

Aside from that I have no problem with Manny's "not the end of the world" comment about losing... whatever he needs to do to keep the pressure reasonable is fine by me, as long as he hits the ball out of the park...

Let's just show a little more hustle Manny!

Regarding Ted Williams, the thing that came to mind with me is Manny's batting average with 2 strikes.

I seem to recall Williams advising Red Sox players around the time he was in Boston for the '99 All Star Game - about watching the first two pitches go by even if they were strikes.

As far as Williams was concerned those extra two strikes were just bonuses - something to watch and learn about a pitcher by... any good batter just needed one pitch anyway.

The other players just rolled their eyes at how good this guy was to even think that - much less deliver on such boasts.

Manny's refusal to run out his hits is idiotic... cost us an extra base when the HR he thought he hit, wasn't. That could have been a game deciding error thanks to his laziness.

Aside from that I have no problem with Manny's "not the end of the world" comment about losing... whatever he needs to do to keep the pressure reasonable is fine by me, as long as he hits the ball out of the park...

Let's just show a little more hustle Manny!

Regarding Ted Williams, the thing that came to mind with me is Manny's batting average with 2 strikes.

I seem to recall Williams advising Red Sox players around the time he was in Boston for the '99 All Star Game - about watching the first two pitches go by even if they were strikes.

As far as Williams was concerned those extra two strikes were just bonuses - something to watch and learn about a pitcher by... any good batter just needed one pitch anyway.

The other players just rolled their eyes at how good this guy was to even think that - much less deliver on such boasts.

Yea thats amazing. Another one is when Manny purposely swings at a pitch to set up the pitcher (pitcher thinks he has an out pitch and Manny knows he's ready for a pose).

lol give me a break .

Sports needs a few Mannys here and there. Players who are fierce competitors who also realize that they are grown men playing a kids game. It's not life ... it's just baseball is Manny's philosophy ... I think he gets it. Too bad Peter King doesn't have a little Manny in him ... Roger Goodell definitely needs some Manny in him.

Manny being manny...I think it clicks. I want manny being manny. Hard to get in to his head. Cool due!

As much as he drives me crazy, I am a Manny apologist.. think he is a classic example of a big kid playing a kids game for 20+ million a year, if we had a few more of guys like him around baseball would be all that much more enjoyable.

Sports needs a few Mannys here and there. Too bad Peter King doesn't have a little Manny in him ... Roger Goodell definitely needs some Manny in him.

I won't go there, but this could be taken on a couple of different levels.. although I do agree Goodell could use a Manny injection.. as could most of the world.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back