PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lt. Joe Cardona

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
That's Lieutenant Long Snapper, now!!!!!!

Field Yates

✔@FieldYates

Very cool moment at Gillette Stadium this morning: Patriots LS Joe Cardona, a graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy, was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant. A special honor that takes place on the 75th anniversary of D Day.
11:04 AM - Jun 6, 2019

Last edited:
LT. Trademark it.

Roger Staubach was also a Lt.

Not bad company.

Would be pretty epic if he goes to the ring ceremony tonight in his dress whites.

I thought dress whites/blues were reserved for walking around in public places, either trolling for slizz or “thank you for your service” type comments from strangers.

“thank you for your service” type comments from strangers.

Why I basically was never in uniform unless regs required it.

For a Super Bowl ring ceremony tho... maybe hahaha

Why I basically was never in uniform unless regs required it.

For a Super Bowl ring ceremony tho... maybe hahaha

It just seems like something uncomfortable to have to go through. That's why I've always thought that the guys wearing their dress blues either A) just graduated, B) looking for attention, or C) stolen valor. Either way, I just don't say anything to them. Partly because it would make me uncomfortable in that situation and party because I don't want to give them the satisfaction.

It just seems like something uncomfortable to have to go through. That's why I've always thought that the guys wearing their dress blues either A) just graduated, B) looking for attention, or C) stolen valor. Either way, I just don't say anything to them. Partly because it would make me uncomfortable in that situation and party because I don't want to give them the satisfaction.
That's rather cynical, to put it mildly. You have to do something to earn the right to wear those, is it really that unreasonable for someone to be proud of what they've worked that hard to become?

That's rather cynical, to put it mildly. You have to do something to earn the right to wear those, is it really that unreasonable for someone to be proud of what they've worked that hard to become?

You don't know many people that have served, huh?

You don't know many people that have served, huh?
I ought to, my brother's going through Warrant Officer training right now.

This is ranging into political territory so let's just drop this at me saying "I consider that attitude excessively cynical" and you saying "I don't agree."

I ought to, my brother's going through Warrant Officer training right now.

Then ask him the real reason why he would ever wear his dress blues in public and see if you can detect whether he's being 100% honest or not. Guys that wear that know that they're going to get comments from complete strangers when they go out in public. There's a part of them that wants that, even if they don't admit it. Especially when said strangers are of the opposite sex. Pride over what they've accomplished (no small feat, no doubt) is stroked via said comments.

Then ask him the real reason why he would ever wear his dress blues in public and see if you can detect whether he's being 100% honest or not. Guys that wear that know that they're going to get comments from complete strangers when they go out in public. There's a part of them that wants that, even if they don't admit it. Especially when said strangers are of the opposite sex. Pride over what they've accomplished (no small feat, no doubt) is stroked via said comments.
And your problem with that is...? I mean nothing you say is wrong, but you're pitting it in an incredibly (and imho unwarrantedly) negative light.

Yes they preen. Preening in dress uniforms on formal occasions (and to talk to what started this conversation, an awards ceremony would be a formal occasion) is part of the informal reward they earn both for their training, and for the risk to their lives that they're willing to take on as servicemen. I wouldn't look askance at a member of the police force, or the fire service, showing up in a formal dress uniform, and I won't do it when a soldier does it either, because that's fair, these guys all risk their lives to protect us in various ways.

Makes me wonder if your problem isn't with the soldiers in dress uniform but is in some way with the military itself. which, I mean, I tried to drop it before it went there, but you seem to have a bee up your butt and wouldn't just let it sit.

And your problem with that is...? I mean nothing you say is wrong, but you're pitting it in an incredibly (and imho unwarrantedly) negative light.

Yes they preen. Preening in dress uniforms on formal occasions (and to talk to what started this conversation, an awards ceremony would be a formal occasion) is part of the informal reward they earn both for their training, and for the risk to their lives that they're willing to take on as servicemen. I wouldn't look askance at a member of the police force, or the fire service, showing up in a formal dress uniform, and I won't do it when a soldier does it either, because that's fair, these guys all risk their lives to protect us in various ways.

Makes me wonder if your problem isn't with the soldiers in dress uniform but is in some way with the military itself. which, I mean, I tried to drop it before it went there, but you seem to have a bee up your butt and wouldn't just let it sit.
Ah, so the problem is that you’re envisioning this as being some sort of slight. It’s not. It’s simple human nature. There are circuits in the brain associated with reward that light up like a Christmas Tree during MRI tests. They work by releasing dopamine when a reward is encountered. This is why, in any leadership position, you’re taught to celebrate even the smallest of wins with your team. Those circuits activating associate reward with pleasure and this, in turn, boosts employee morale. A soldier wearing his dress blues in public on any other day except graduation is the same thing. They’re proud of what they did and now they want to be told that. Their brain is seeking a reward of some type and that typically comes via a comment from a stranger or attention from the opposite sex for them.

So you can call it cynical, a slight, a “bee up my butt,” or whatever you want to call it. But it is what it is. There’s a scientific reason for that. All I’m doing is laying out why.

EDIT: Oh, and @Simpelton my dad was in the Marines and served in 'Nam. Your assumption that I have a problem with the military is way off.

Last edited:

I went to a wedding in my class A's simply because I didn't own a suit and was too broke to buy one.

Those new digitized navy onesies or whatever they are called are hideous. I always thought they looked foolish in their dungarees but these are a whole new level. Leave it to the squids.

I went to a wedding in my class A's simply because I didn't own a suit and was too broke to buy one.

How was the trim that night?

Ah, so the problem is that you’re envisioning this as being some sort of slight. It’s not. It’s simple human nature. There are circuits in the brain associated with reward that light up like a Christmas Tree during MRI tests. They work by releasing dopamine when a reward is encountered. This is why, in any leadership position, you’re taught to celebrate even the smallest of wins with your team. Those circuits activating associate reward with pleasure and this, in turn, boosts employee morale. A soldier wearing his dress blues in public on any other day except graduation is the same thing. They’re proud of what they did and now they want to be told that. Their brain is seeking a reward of some type and that typically comes via a comment from a stranger or attention from the opposite sex for them.

So you can call it cynical, a slight, a “bee up my butt,” or whatever you want to call it. But it is what it is. There’s a scientific reason for that. All I’m doing is laying out why.

Ummm......the exceedingly high paid football players of New England are sashaying around today all over social media with diamond jewelry that would make Imelda Marcos blush and you're complaining about military dress?

:p:p:p

Ummm......the exceedingly high paid football players of New England are sashaying around today all over social media with diamond jewelry that would make Imelda Marcos blush and you're complaining about military dress?

:p:p:p

What has two thumbs and isn't complaining?

This guy.

photo-handsome-young-man-isolated-260nw-1067073218.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes